Frozen Synapse -- "Rebelstar Raiders for 2011"
Indie online TBS
devilman wrote:
AtrocityExhibition wrote:
Is this game more popular than they were expecting or something?

Dunno.. I can't even seem to give my copy away. :S

Oooh, I'll have it! (I can send half the money if you want?)
Bobbyaro wrote:
devilman wrote:

Nah, it's ok, just let me know your Steam ID and it's yours. :)
devilman wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
devilman wrote:

Nah, it's ok, just let me know your Steam ID and it's yours. :)

Cool, thank you. Steam Id is 'bobbyaro' I shall join the beteo group now to make finding me easier.
Edit, let me just make sure my steamID is actually bobbyaro!
okay, joined the group, and it loks like my id is bobbyaro. which is nice.
You should have a friend request from me now. Looks like I can only gift games to friends so once you accept, I'll send it your way. :)
Cool, thanks man, very kind of you. :)

(Can't d/l at the mo, Steam servers too busy!)
Bobbyaro wrote:
Cool, thanks man, very kind of you. :)

(Can't d/l at the mo, Steam servers too busy!)

It took me a few attempts to download it too.. at least it's a pretty small download. I just need time to play it now!

In this game, Trooper had to get one of his men across the red line and keep him there for three seconds.
I had a rocket launcher, and he didn't. All the action happened on the second (and last) turn :S
:D For fairness sake, I think you should upload the second game we played ;)

No idea why youtube upload doesn't work for me, apparently there is an issue with it as mentioned in their forum, but it seems to be working fine for you?
Grim... wrote:
I had a rocket launcher, and he didn't. All the action happened on the second (and last) turn :S

I quite like the randomness of the maps and the troops you get allocated, but it does make for some unfair games. :)
For example, I just started a game against Jonarob, he has 2 machine gunners and 2 snipers and is starting in the half of the field which is covered in buildings, I have 3 machine gunners and a shotgun dude, and am starting in completely open ground! :D
I can't register an account. :( It just hangs. Maybe they should unfreeze a synapse or two.
It does seem a bit overloaded, I had to cancel and re-login half a dozen times to get it to load just now.

This really is extremely good, in case you hadn't gathered :D
I got your game request via email Grim...! Very tempted to play but alas I must revise! In the meantime, here's a video of TotalBiscuit playing the game for those who are still on the fence/unsure what it's all about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jJrUY27 ... ideo_title

Well I'm glad the game is exceeding expectations.

But on the other hand, I can't fucking log in.
WTB wrote:
I got your game request via email Grim...! Very tempted to play but alas I must revise! In the meantime, here's a video of TotalBiscuit playing the game for those who are still on the fence/unsure what it's all about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jJrUY27 ... ideo_title

I linked that on the last page, man.

I like TotalBiscuit, his WoW stuff is really good as well.
Extra servers now up and running.

Rather pantsily though, it looks like you need to be on the same server as the people you're playing against, or something.
Im using the uk2 server in the main, as even when I can get in to the uk1 server, it is still pretty screwed.
Trooper wrote:
Im using the uk2 server in the main, as even when I can get in to the uk1 server, it is still pretty screwed.

It can't find the turn you sent me on any of the three UK servers....

Last thing to try is the Texas server.
If I log on to the texas server, I can't even see half the names on my friend list, let alone half the games...
Hmmmm, yes, overall it's still not working properly really - and I suspect the servers will get busier as the evening goes on.
I'm on UK3.

Trooper wrote:

I don't think I can now that it's finished.
Grim... wrote:
I'm on UK3.

Trooper wrote:

I don't think I can now that it's finished.

Add me as a friend (if you haven't already), go to the friend list and from match history you can load up an old game, from the results page on that you can upload it to youtube.
Grim... wrote:
I'm on UK3.

Whereas if I go onto UK3, you don't even show up in the friend list!

UK2 is the only one that is working correctly for me...
Trooper wrote:
Grim... wrote:
I'm on UK3.

Whereas if I go onto UK3, you don't even show up in the friend list!

UK2 is the only one that is working correctly for me...

Okay, I'll give that a try.
I've given up for the time being, their twitter feed says they are working on it, i'll try again later :)
I've just chosen the wrong side on Charge ;)
I'd be interested to know what the difference between the normal and the soundtrack version is though.

So you paid more for the soundtrack version despite not knowing the difference between the two? You must have 'mug' tattooed on your forehead, or something.
okay, I have a guy with a shotgun, vs a guy with a shotgun. My guy is behind a corner facing the way the other is coming, waiting, why does the enemy always fire first?
corners provide no cover, if they can see you, they can hit you :)
Bobbyaro wrote:
okay, I have a guy with a shotgun, vs a guy with a shotgun. My guy is behind a corner facing the way the other is coming, waiting, why does the enemy always fire first?

GAME ON
how do you fire rockets again?
Bobbyaro wrote:
how do you fire rockets again?

Same as aiming a machine gun.

Imagine this game with 4 player matches...

A rather close game!
Hmmm, think I want this. Anyone want to go Halvesies?
myoptikakaka wrote:
I'd be interested to know what the difference between the normal and the soundtrack version is though.

So you paid more for the soundtrack version despite not knowing the difference between the two? You must have 'mug' tattooed on your forehead, or something.

Mug, perhaps, or maybe I'm just really pleased to see an indie game hit the market that's of very high quality and in a genre I've always enjoyed.

I guessed the extra few quid for the soundtrack version was going to the guy who did the music, hence I staked the cost of a sandwich from M&S on a wild gamble in that direction.
myoptikakaka wrote:

Mug, perhaps, or maybe I'm just really pleased to see an indie game hit the market that's of very high quality and in a genre I've always enjoyed.

I guessed the extra few quid for the soundtrack version was going to the guy who did the music, hence I staked the cost of a sandwich from M&S on a wild gamble in that direction.

Don't worry, I've done your ten seconds of Googling for you. The difference is that you get a digital copy of the game's soundtrack, stored here: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\frozen synapse\Soundtrack (or wherever your Steam folder is).
myoptikakaka wrote:
myoptikakaka wrote:

Don't worry, I've done your ten seconds of Googling for you. The difference is that you get a digital copy of the game's soundtrack, stored here: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\frozen synapse\Soundtrack (or wherever your Steam folder is).

Yes I know, I've already incorporated it into my Music Collection folder, as I can use Google too if the mood takes me.

The point is, I didn't really mind what the extra few quid was spent on me 'getting', as long as it went to the folks who made the game.

I knew I loved the music from the trailer alone, hence I bought the soundtrack version.
Dr Lave wrote:
Hmmm, think I want this. Anyone want to go Halvesies?

You're welcome to my free Steam copy if you want it Dr Lave, most of my regular gaming chums refuse to even give Frozen Synapse a try based on the fact it doesn't look like WoW and/or other fancy modern 3D games.

Their loss really :metul:
I like the soundtrack, it is very good.

Is there any way of cancelling a failed log in without restarting the game?
OK I'm being a cock, where do you go to when you want to gift the free copy?

I'll send you whatever I need to as soon as I can find it Dr Lave :roll:
Games menu at top->manage gifts

They don't make it obvious, do they. I spent a fair while trying to give away a copy of magika. Still undecided what to do with my gift of this.
Mr Dave wrote:

They don't make it obvious, do they. I spent a fair while trying to give away a copy of magika. Still undecided what to do with my gift of this.

Ahhh yes cheers for that, not exactly intuitive.

Who are you on Steam Dr Lave? I can't see anyone matching your description in the BETEO group.
So it seems stats are separate for each server at the moment too :(

My plan is to use UK2 as my main server, swapping to UK3 if that isn't working. I suggest we all do something remarkably similar... ;)
I'm in. Just waiting for Steam to let me actually download it.

Have joined the BETEO group too, as "gazchap", so please add me folks :P
Mr Dave wrote:

Ahhh yes cheers for that, not exactly intuitive.

Who are you on Steam Dr Lave? I can't see anyone matching your description in the BETEO group.

Awesome!!, it is "Skeptobot"

PM me and I can paypal you half.
haha i love this game, apologies to anyone i am playing against at the moment as i am working away from home and relying on a very old slow desktop to play it which shouldn't really be able to run it (will be back home from Wednesday so will be alot more active then), Grim... i got you challenge but seem to be on the wrong server to play it at the moment, am on UK2, will be nice when they get it all sorted out.

Did you like that grenade Trooper? :DD
Slightly Green wrote:
haha i love this game, apologies to anyone i am playing against at the moment as i am working away from home and relying on a very old slow desktop to play it which shouldn't really be able to run it (will be back home from Wednesday so will be alot more active then), Grim... i got you challenge but seem to be on the wrong server to play it at the moment, am on UK2, will be nice when they get it all sorted out.

Did you like that grenade Trooper? :DD

Git :D

I'm staying on UK2 for the time being.
Page 2 of 5 [ 207 posts ]