Metaaaal!
Metul and metulurs, rejoice!
For those present when I had my breakdown on CoD4 last night, here's Call of the Wintermoon which me and Davydd HAVE TO DO AT SOME POINT

See, if someone can watch those two videos and not understand how METUL is the greatest thing in the world, ever, then they are dead to me!

Dimrill, make a metul smilie PLEEEEEAAASESSESESESEE :kiss: :kiss: Mr metul smilie should have Immortal badger corpse paint , defo!
Good idea. I made a ninja one the other day, but didn't scan it in.
YAY! :DD

...also, Baptism is fucking ACE! Listening now \m/
Baptism are my favourite band again this week. Just got their latest from Northern Heritage and it's set me off again.
I reckon we should do something else, but In The Style Of... Call of the Wintermoon.

I nominate 'Dear Heather' by Leonard Cohen.
I love that when the vocals begin properly on ...Wintermoon, the rhythm becomes a cheery, bouncy jig. I enjoyed that.

Dimrill, I wish to see The Cup, but can never remember its name. Where is The Cup?
I am now listening to Mournful Gust. Quiet at the back, honestly...
Ukranian Doom stuff with folky elements - really rather good.
Anyone seen Disturbed live or like them/have any songs to recommend?
I had a little bird tell me to get with it and listen to them so I am..I shall be seeing them live in June.
Gridlink tracklist:

Jon Chang wrote:
Amber Gray
3 Miles Below Sea Level
The Jenova
Crash Logs
Black
Pattern Recognition
Antitheist
Stake Knife
Asuka
Burning Tiamat
Severance Package

Only 2 months to go. Hold on ^_^

Fucking YES! Album of the year, this will be.
SteONorDar wrote:

I've been meaning to check them out since reading the band name in the Nykta catalogue. If it's got folky bits I'M THERE DUDE.
Dimrill wrote:
SteONorDar wrote:

I've been meaning to check them out since reading the band name in the Nykta catalogue. If it's got folky bits I'M THERE DUDE.

Yes I (borrowed - ed) it from a (friend - ed) I know on the internet - might be worth listening first but I quite liked it.
Oh yeah, since i figured out how to do youtube links in here now...

Nuff said.
Shewolf wrote:
Anyone seen Disturbed live or like them/have any songs to recommend?
I had a little bird tell me to get with it and listen to them so I am..I shall be seeing them live in June.

Disturbed is the only band i refuse to play in Guitar Hero 3 and that just shows what i think of them.
Oh man, I've just nearly soiled myself at that Pupesman.

Also, I agree with RuySan.
Oh christ, someone did a "response"
Amusing short Melvins interview on Cobain and Bush.

Thar Bert & Ernie clip has made me struggle for breath. I wasn't even laughing, it was just *eeeee!!!* all throughout.
King Buzzo for, um, King.
It's as if the whole development of the internet over the last few decades was just building up to the posting of that Ernie & Bert video. Where can it possibly go from here? I know not.
pupil wrote:
Dimrill, make a metul smilie PLEEEEEAAASESSESESESEE :kiss: :kiss: Mr metul smilie should have Immortal badger corpse paint , defo!

What now? Image
Waiting for Grim... to codefuck it into the site.
Surely a metal dimlie should be Kiss painted?
Get tae fuck. Abbath FTW.
Dimrill wrote:
pupil wrote:

What now? Image
Waiting for Grim... to codefuck it into the site.

YES! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Well, since listening a lot I like Distrubed..
So ner.
Yes.
Dimrill! Good work on the Kvist recommend. Damn, this album is good! Image
Damn good work. *buffs grim talons on leather jacket*
Only me! :D I just passed by to post this:

Hope everyone's doing well and shit.
Ohhh. Pretty.
Davydd Grimm wrote:
Ohhh. Pretty.

Thank you. :)

Bastarding hard to find, this is hand-numbered 430/500 and I had to import it into the US from France. Well worth it though, it's a brilliant record. Got the follow-up LP "UTD" and that's possibly even madder with even shitter production. Early Furze material on vinyl is uber-rare, would love "Trident Autocrat" and the "Furze" 7" picture disk. Alas unlikely, unless I'm prepared to give some Norwegian a billion pounds.
Mmm, I like a bit of Furze, but haven't got any vinyl. I do envy you.
Blasphemer leaves Mayhem.
Not as Good as Euronymous wrote:
"It is with these written words that I hereby retract myself from my position as the guitar player of Mayhem.

The main reason behind this conclusion lies in the fact that I simply don't see any future for me in the band anymore, at least not a future I'd like to participate in over the coming years. I've been playing my part in the band now for more than 13 years already, having composed, produced and released several albums with great vision, dedication and craftsmanship, to arrive at this crossroad of opposites. Sooner or later, all things comes to an end, and in my case, this circle is complete.

For some of you this might not come as the biggest surprise, as I've clearly stated in several interviews that I was not sure what the next step would be. These "hints" were partly rooted in the fact that our latest album fulfilled all of the expectations, visions and aspects of negativity that I felt I wanted to express with this band, and also, of similar importance, that I felt tired of both the touring aspects, amidst its turbulence and personal differences, and also my role in the band.

It has been a dark, devoted and spellbinding journey, and as some beings and entities develop, others remain the same. I've developed my essence. No questions. However, the legacy of MAYHEM will / must always remain what it always has been, and I wish to thank all parts involved and to wish them all the best for the future. I also would like to thank my followers over the years, from "Wolf's Lair..." to "Ordo...", my vision has been clear. I'm also sure the band will continue with a respectful formation, and that an eventual album will be placed "up there", where it (should) belong.

I have now personally chosen to focus on other paths in terms of creativity and vision. My "child of heart" AVA INFERI has already a busy schedule for the future and our third album is being crafted as we speak. I will also re-surface with new will and blood in a future extreme project. You have not heard the last of me, on the contrary. It's all about to begin.

Note that the few already scheduled shows will go on as planned WITH me.

Rune Eriksen/Blasphemer".

Also: Woo! Broke it before Blabbermouth :DD Image
Ooh, that Furze stuff's a bit good innit? Sounds like early Burzum. I bet everyone says that.
Dimrill wrote:
Blasphemer leaves Mayhem.
Not as Good as Euronymous wrote:
"It is with these written words that I hereby retract myself from my position as the guitar player of Mayhem.

The main reason behind this conclusion lies in the fact that I simply don't see any future for me in the band anymore, at least not a future I'd like to participate in over the coming years. I've been playing my part in the band now for more than 13 years already, having composed, produced and released several albums with great vision, dedication and craftsmanship, to arrive at this crossroad of opposites. Sooner or later, all things comes to an end, and in my case, this circle is complete.

For some of you this might not come as the biggest surprise, as I've clearly stated in several interviews that I was not sure what the next step would be. These "hints" were partly rooted in the fact that our latest album fulfilled all of the expectations, visions and aspects of negativity that I felt I wanted to express with this band, and also, of similar importance, that I felt tired of both the touring aspects, amidst its turbulence and personal differences, and also my role in the band.

It has been a dark, devoted and spellbinding journey, and as some beings and entities develop, others remain the same. I've developed my essence. No questions. However, the legacy of MAYHEM will / must always remain what it always has been, and I wish to thank all parts involved and to wish them all the best for the future. I also would like to thank my followers over the years, from "Wolf's Lair..." to "Ordo...", my vision has been clear. I'm also sure the band will continue with a respectful formation, and that an eventual album will be placed "up there", where it (should) belong.

I have now personally chosen to focus on other paths in terms of creativity and vision. My "child of heart" AVA INFERI has already a busy schedule for the future and our third album is being crafted as we speak. I will also re-surface with new will and blood in a future extreme project. You have not heard the last of me, on the contrary. It's all about to begin.

Note that the few already scheduled shows will go on as planned WITH me.

Rune Eriksen/Blasphemer".

Also: Woo! Broke it before Blabbermouth :DD Image

I shrug. It's not really Mayhem anyway.
What a pretentious cock.
myoptika wrote:
What a pretentious cock.

Don't speak of Davydd like that! *claws at your face*
Ohhh, so there IS a metal thread :DD

Hurrah! etc.
CUS wrote:

Please GOD, tell me that's a picture of yourself, CUS? If so, you'll be giving that evil stare to some pesky fraggles!
That is not me, no. It does resemble someone I knew at school though, to my amusement :D
CUS wrote:
That is not me, no. It does resemble someone I knew at school though, to my amusement :D

Dimrill?
It's actually Dafith.
No. Alex. Used to be a bouncy indie kid. Then got into whatever everyone else liked. Including smoking heroin through a biro over on the industrial estate. At least, so they said they were about to do..

Er, anyway. Ahahah, look at the funny fat kid's hair!
I wonder how much he got paid for posing like that.
That pretty much is me, minus ten years and plus several stone...
Tam wrote:
I wonder how much he got paid for posing like that.

I gave him £10 and didn't *** in his ***** when I *****.
Page 6 of 47 [ 2343 posts ]