Metaaaal!
Metul and metulurs, rejoice!
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Pod wrote:
as for your tastes, try Black Stone Cherry and Silvertide. Two smallish bands but I think they might suit you.

I'm listening to Black Stone Cherry right now, apparently I'm going to see them this summer when they are a support band for a big gig*.

*knows loads about it - honest!

I won entry to a small acoustic set they did in November, down in the bar at the Hard Rock Cafe. They only did five songs (including a cover of The Beatles' Nowhere Man), but I left the building feeling way happier than I should have been given that I had a chest infection. Also, special mention to their drummer for being a top bloke - the band was tired and running late for their show later on, but he stopped and had a conversation with everyone who stopped by the signing table, and was there well after the others had finished up.
NiktheGreek wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Pod wrote:
as for your tastes, try Black Stone Cherry and Silvertide. Two smallish bands but I think they might suit you.

I'm listening to Black Stone Cherry right now, apparently I'm going to see them this summer when they are a support band for a big gig*.

I won entry to a small acoustic set they did in November, down in the bar at the Hard Rock Cafe. They only did five songs (including a cover of The Beatles' Nowhere Man), but I left the building feeling way happier than I should have been given that I had a chest infection. Also, special mention to their drummer for being a top bloke - the band was tired and running late for their show later on, but he stopped and had a conversation with everyone who stopped by the signing table, and was there well after the others had finished up.

That always puts a band in a much higher bracket with me. One of the reasons I like T? so much.

Anyway found out more details Def Leppard and Whitesnake headline, Black Stone Cherry support 20th June at the MEN.

The power of the internets!!!!
Xasthur are great.
So anyway. Who were you with Grimm?
Mindlapse. The tour was us, Cruel Humanity, Gutworm, Cancer and Insomnium. 'twas aceness.
Where did you tour dude?
Notts, Sheffield, Bradford, London(with Napalm Death!) and somewhere else. I can't remember.
Wow.

The best I managed was the No-Mah festival in Northampton before it became the Twinfest. It doesn't matter though. There are few thing that can match up up to the immense fear, before hand, and ultimate exhileration, after, of appearing on stage when when people have paid to see you there. I hope it doesn't vanish as you get more experienced/jaded. It was one of my personal greatest moments, not in a big headed way, just how it made me feel.
Oh, totally. I have a gig in Leicester next week, it's tiny but I'm scared already.
*coughs* badge *cough cough*
Prepare yourself for posted goodies, sir.
Oh sugar shits! I forgot to send you that Vista didn't I. I'll get that sorted, mate, sorry.
Where in Leicester? I am pretty near there.
Dimrill wrote:
Oh sugar shits! I forgot to send you that Vista didn't I. I'll get that sorted, mate, sorry.

No worries, mate, I had forgotten about it tbh. As I am and idiot.

Steve, the Shed, on the 18th.
A week on thursday? I am free a week on thursday, I will look up details and maybe bring a mate or two if that is OK.
Pod wrote:

Hey, so far I have checked out Silvertide and I likey :) Thanks mate.
NiktheGreek wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Pod wrote:

Yeah, the guys are ace. I had a wee chat with them all after they played Manchester Academy last. But they're teetotal - so I don't trust 'em ;)

edit: Why has my thread title changed? Are you all offended, YOU DIRTY MOSHERS?! (Says a guy who looks like this
Pod wrote:
Are you all offended, YOU DIRTY MOSHERS?!

Yes.
Quite simply - The best metal song ever

Apologies to those who didn't play burnout yesterday, and so don't know what to expect
He was right Davydd, that's fucking horrendous.
Pod wrote:
edit: Why has my thread title changed? Are you all offended, YOU DIRTY MOSHERS?! (Says a guy who looks like this

HAve you ever thought of getting your tongue pierced?
Quote:
the No-Mah festival

Single-parent families just wanna have fun.

I believe Melt Banana are at Rock City in June. There's no way I'm missing that. :D
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Pod wrote:

HAve you ever thought of getting your tongue pierced?

Not really.
I had a shave as well yesterday, so I'm a lot less hairy now :(
Weakling. Shaving is for conformists, man.
Dimrill wrote:
Weakling. Shaving is for conformists, man.

I looked like a tram. Really!
However, when shaving I used some hair-shaver thingys my friend had. I made sure to remove a strip down the centre of my face (think inverse goaty), my mustache, the top area of my cheeks and the bits where my sidies usually go but are sadly no longer present.... You'll notice I didn't shave the jawline between the standard goateeeee area and the sideboard area. I had these hilarious little "flaps" hanging down from my face for a few hours....I should have kept them.
Davydd Grimm wrote:
myoptika wrote:
Davydd Grimm wrote:
Oh, O Discordia? I'm pretty sure I still have an mp3 of that somewhere!

Yep, that's the one. I did bass and vocals.

Awesome. Was it a Dark Tower reference?

Well done!
Hang on - so Myoptika has some kind of musical talent? I did not know this. We/you should totally form a band.
Considering the success of Reggae Reggae Sauce, I'm thinking of making some Metul Metul Ketchup. The main ingredient will be cheese, obviously, but what else can I stuff in there?
I dunno mate, but steady on, there's no need to fret.
I love Brutal Truth so much
He might want some Strepsils.
If we're toobin', check out this boss Venom cover from the mighty Sigh!

Code:
[youtube]oAKGfBymPrE[/youtube] ;)
Hehe, cheers. :D
Aha, I'd been wondering that also. *goes and adjusts British Sea Power thread accordingly*
Dimrill wrote:
Considering the success of Reggae Reggae Sauce, I'm thinking of making some Metul Metul Ketchup. The main ingredient will be cheese, obviously, but what else can I stuff in there?

Slugs. And a poor piano solo.
I fear if I added them I may end up with the Powerpuff Boys.
CUS wrote:
Hang on - so Myoptika has some kind of musical talent? I did not know this. We/you should totally form a band.

If you want to hear some of my stuff, I can upload it.
I would like to hear your stuff, yes. Ha ha ha, stuff it in my ears etc.
CUS wrote:
I would like to hear your stuff, yes. Ha ha ha, stuff it in my ears etc.

Loci - 'Test of Time'

Loci - 'Salvation (from Salvation)'

There's no vocals on these because my voice didn't suit the music. Let me know if you want to hear the Llamatron epic.
Did you ever do anything else with Llamatron? I thought the concept was interesting.
That's such a great name for a song. I look forward with great excitement (whilst downloading those two songs) to the Big Twatty Spacker Trufax EP
Dimrill wrote:
Weakling.

Good band.
Davydd Grimm wrote:
Did you ever do anything else with Llamatron? I thought the concept was interesting.

Unfortunately not. Ian and I have always toyed with the idea but I lost touch with the drummer a while back.
throughsilver wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
Weakling.

Good band.

Meh. Overrated, to these ears.
myoptika wrote:
Davydd Grimm wrote:

Unfortunately not. Ian and I have always toyed with the idea but I lost touch with the drummer a while back.

Don't give him an excuse to join another band.
I think the time for me to be in a band has now passed...
I'm so metal that lately I've been listening to Paul Simon - You can call me Al on repeat. Ahem.
Aw man, Celtic Frost have seemingly split up again.
Page 4 of 47 [ 2343 posts ]