MORE pics what I have taken with my camera
Perhaps cropping into the Rose so the frame is mostly filled with the inner petals would make it more Flikrable for you, Pete?

Look good to me, especially the daisy shots.
New lens :D

The bokeh does not seem the best in the world but it's suprisingly sharp out of camera.
I don't know if it is my monitor, Decca, but the reds in the rose picture appear to be bleeding a little, and some of the detail is getting a bit lost. As I say, might be my monitor :shrug:
Mimi wrote:
I don't know if it is my monitor, Decca, but the reds in the rose picture appear to be bleeding a little, and some of the detail is getting a bit lost. As I say, might be my monitor :shrug:
It looks oversaturated & then oversaturated a bit more to me.

I like the second bunch of floors though, they've nice shapes :)
Ah, the reds look over-saturated to you, too? Probably nit just my monitor then. Decca, the petals in the very centre of the rose have reached such a saturation point that they seem to have melded together into a solid red patch. If you have Photoshop you can adjust the saturation of each individual colour, so you may be able to turn that down a notch without losing any surrounding vibrancy?
Actually, it looks completely different on the iPod. Not too saturated, there.
Yeah the colours look fine on my mobile.
I've gone back and checked lightroom settings and it had set to curved strong contrast by default which means mimi was right. Have replaced accordingly.
ok, there is a bug with raw NEF files converted in lightroom and explorer making the colours look fugging awefull. Converting to jpeg with ViewNX and then editing on PS does not make colours go funky.

edit: updating to explorer 9 fixed it, but what worries me is that people (especially if you normally use FF) tend not to update so colours will be funky for them still.
I has a new toy. It's an 8 stop neutral density filter, it basically blocks out 8 stops' worth of light, which means I can shoot long exposure shots in broad daylight...

Oh yes, we do like that.
Creamy.

Just realised how still the air must have been to keep the foliage so sharp. Nice stuff, Craster.
Another Panorama. Click through to see it better.
Loving that waterfall, Cras.
Wow, Cras. They are awesome!

Another Phone Camera pic I'm afraid. Loved the pattern the rain had made on the paving.
Isn't that a pattern that a doggie has made?
Zardoz wrote:

Looks a bit like the pattern invisible vomit would make, to me.
Zardoz wrote:

Sort of in reverse. Everything was wet except that little patch.
Ah! Puke grease it is then.
Zardoz wrote:
Ah! Puke grease it is then.

YOU'RE RUINING MY BEAUTIFUL MOMENT!
Beauty is in the eye of the be-hurler.
I now ironically resent people like Craster and his new waterfall pic challenging me as top-dog on the photo forum. *Huff!* >:(

Very nice! I have an ND hard-grad filter too. They are great.
Been taking quite a few new pics lately, here's three. Of them. The first insect shots I've ever been remotely happy with. A far cry from Zardoz's impressively detailed macro stuff, but I'm pleased at this modest advancement, even if it be sans compound eye japery. I do love the bokeh of this 28-70mm, really really love it, even if it can't do macro despite the optimistic box blurb. There's also a photo of a busker, as they don't tend to twitch about a lot and then fly off out of shot just when you've got it composed.

Clamber

Refuelling

Hayes Busker

(Yep, I realise she's centred framed, but when I went with the old two-thirds rule I found it undermined the vibe I wanted from her pensive expression, she looked less alone with the support of the frame's edge by her shoulder.)
Those bee shots are fantastic, Pete. Great composition on the second one.

The green against the purple works excellently.

I'm actually growing some of those flowers to attract more bugs. :nerd:

The buskers are making a nice set of photos, good idea to flesh out into a book project.
I'm sorry, here's another arachnid.

A little soft at full size as this was a longer exposure due to this garden spider being indoors.
NervousPete wrote:
I now ironically resent people like Craster and his new waterfall pic challenging me as top-dog on the photo forum. *Huff!* >:(

Very nice! I have an ND hard-grad filter too. They are great.

While I like to think I take full advantage of what nature puts in front of me, you have an eye for artistic composition that I will never master, and I salute you for that. Davpaz too is miles better at that than me. I'm too much the scientist, I think.

While I (perhaps unsurprisingly) haven't yet got anywhere with the pics.from.beex project, that collection goes to show that there are a ton of great photographers on this forum, and not enough of them show off their efforts in this thread.
I hope you all like border collies....

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
editing a sets worth of four of the feckers playing together

edit: "converting 1 of 144" ah fu...
Took some photos on holiday. They are only with a point-and-press camera, but I at least attempted to get them straight in the frame having read this thread! :) I woudn;t mind some constructive critiscism, what is good, bad, how they could be improved...?

Incidentally, to save on upload time, I opened the pictures in mspaint, and then resaved them, and it makes them (much) smaller. I can't really see any diference between them though, what have I lost with the saving to make it that much smaller (~7Mb to ~1Mb)?

Right, FFS, I uploaded them to flickr how do I get them to here? I can't find the share thingy?
panorama 1 by Learnin' Curve, on Flickr

Not great light, this is the much smaller one of the two views I did today.

edit: arrow next to the twitter bird on the actions bar bobby.
"I dunno what it is, Steve. Something's just telling me that these kids ain't all mine."

Heh. How's Canadia so far, then?
Awesome. More bear pics please crasty
Wow! Is this in the wild?
Image[/url]
I think I may be in Italy by Bobbyaro, on Flickr
Image[/url]
Still life by Bobbyaro, on Flickr

Image[/url]
Lizard by Bobbyaro, on Flickr

Image[/url]
A grate view! by Bobbyaro, on Flickr

Image[/url]
Shopping at its best by Bobbyaro, on Flickr

apologies for the many pics, I have never had a flickr account before, it is kind of fun! :D
Sorry, more...
Image[/url]
Sunrise from hotel balcony by Bobbyaro, on Flickr

Image[/url]
Beetle in a flower by Bobbyaro, on Flickr

Image[/url]
Old paper mill by Bobbyaro, on Flickr

Image[/url]
A flower by Bobbyaro, on Flickr
Nice pics Bobby, I think you've got them framed lovely! :)
Those are some cracking shots you got right there, the still life in particular floats my boat.

This is my dad's first ever photo with a dslr

Thanks folks (have to be honest, my wife took the still life one, that is my shadow).

:DD those dogs look like the lining up for an american football game! :D
You sure there's enough dugs there?

Attachment:
dugs.jpg

I was going to go daft with this but I got bored & hungry ;)
They're a great set of pics, Bobby.

Easy improvement for the circular 'window' shot would be to get it dead centre of frame or even crop it square. Love that shiny beetle.

Decca, I like the first collie shot. Great how they're all poised for action, very dynamic.
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Heh. How's Canadia so far, then?

Stunning, frankly. I'm just popping up a few of my favourite pics at the moment, I'll write a bit about it and post more photos when I'm back.

Mimi wrote:
Wow! Is this in the wild?

Yep. Have seen at least 30 wild bears and half a dozen cubs, just roaming the woods.

The area we were most recently passing through has many, many times more bears than people.
Can't wait to see those Canada pics, Craster!

Been in London the last three and a half days. Here's some pics. Of it.

The Bridge Coffee

Laptop Cafe

Trafalgar Fountain
Valley of the dinosaurs:

Lake, pine trees, mountains. This may become a theme:

Those are beautiful, Craster.
Wow craster, just wow.
Page 2 of 50 [ 2487 posts ]