The 'NAY!' Thread
#blessed
Warhead wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Warhead wrote:
I've got a PCN coming for not paying the toll for crossing the new Mersey Gateway Bridge last month. It's the first time I've forgotten to pay, but they have my email address associated with my van reg because I've paid them about a dozen times previously. Pity they couldn't just send me a reminder when I hadn't paid after 24 hours.

I got done for nearly £500 for failing to pay the fee for both legs of a the Dartford crossing. Galling, but it was my fault for not updating my address with the DVLA.

I've since added my bank details to Dart Crossing, so they can just debit money from my account, which makes life easier.

How much?!? Cripes.

Was around £250 each way, based on the fines that escalate after each period
of non-payment elapses. Which I was oblivious to as the letters were going to my old address.

My original fine would have only been £35 or something, I think.

Ahhhh! I get tou. I thought you’d missed the toll and immediately got a £500 fine

Mine will be £20 if I pay within 14 days, I think.

I paid my £22, (20 for the PCN and 2 for the toll I should have paid) and mailed them to suggest mailing drivers who regularly use the bridge if they fail to pay within the allotted time, to enable them to avoid a PCN if they're doddering old sods like me who tend to forget such things.
Wasn't shortlisted for the job I wanted.

Gutted
Sorry to hear that mate
Sorry mate, did you ask them for feedback?
Sorry to hear tgst, Davpaz x
Look how very upset he is. I am, too.

https://twitter.com/LeTour/status/1154739227713818625

He made an e-grigiot-s error riding through his injury
It was heroic. And a tragedy. I genuinely got dust in my eye watching that.
Not as upsetting as Ed Grundy.
Thanks for your sympathy about the job, excellent folks. Being at the music festival and day drinking is soothing my pain
DavPaz wrote:
Thanks for your sympathy about the job, excellent folks. Being at the music festival and day drinking is soothing my pain

Good for you. It's the right choice.
Racing green and Ben Sherman did a range of suits in 'Athletic Fit' Bigger on thighs, shoulders and biceps. I bought one last year, fits great, now they have stopped doing that fit... :(
New Brighton art installation The Black Pearl was reclaimed by the sea last night. I feel really quite sad over this.
Show the after shot
Giphy "salute":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/11cwuBQ4TLa8FO/giphy-loop.mp4

Edit: Giphy hates me
RELEASE THE KRAKEN.
DavPaz wrote:
Giphy "salute":
https://media2.giphy.com/media/l4pMattUYTTM7qpIk/giphy-loop.mp4

Edit: Giphy hates me

I don't know, it's really got your coquettish nature down pat
Schoolboy error. Entered my mobile number into a form when I registered for a digital health trade show/conference. Whenever I talked to anyone for long enough to get freebies they scanned my pass. Now I'm paying the price for those freebies in the form of about six sales calls already this week to my own phone. >:(

Pretty decent haul mind: power bank, decent rucksack, insulated water bottle, bluetooth speaker, normal water bottle, loads of hand sanitisers, 16GB memory stick, loads of pens obv, nice cakes, tin of jellybeans, tin of mints, nice notebooks, tote bag to cram all the other freebies in, a mug.
markg wrote:
Schoolboy error. Entered my mobile number into a form when I registered for a digital health trade show/conference. Whenever I talked to anyone for long enough to get freebies they scanned my pass. Now I'm paying the price for those freebies in the form of about six sales calls already this week to my own phone. >:(

Pretty decent haul mind: power bank, decent rucksack, insulated water bottle, bluetooth speaker, normal water bottle, loads of hand sanitisers, 16GB memory stick, loads of pens obv, nice cakes, tin of jellybeans, tin of mints, nice notebooks, tote bag to cram all the other freebies in, a mug.

Yes, yes, indeed :D
No such things as freebies.
Just got back from Morrisons shopping trip. My Ma had what I thought was a stroke while we were in there. While I was on the phone to the paramedics she came around and seemed normal. Paramedics were excellent and checked her over thoroughly. I'm still shaking like a shitting dog.
Dimrill wrote:
Just got back from Morrisons shopping trip. My Ma had what I thought was a stroke while we were in there. While I was on the phone to the paramedics she came around and seemed normal. Paramedics were excellent and checked her over thoroughly. I'm still shaking like a shitting dog.

Jesus, hope she is ok! Did the paramedics have any clue as to what it was?
Fuck. Sorry to hear that. It’s the last thing you need at a time like this. Hope she’s ok now. x
Aw Jesus, Dimmers! I hope she's okay. xx
Bloody hell mate, hope your Mum is ok. It's a good sign that she came round and seems normal. Hope you're ok too.
Was horrible. She started looking grey around the time we were finishing up. Not responding instantly to me. Then she talked some sort of gibberish and picked up a garden trough from the shelves and put it back down. Then semi coherently said she needed to sit down. While I put everything on the belt she went and sat on a bench at the checkout area. I kept checking on her and she nodded at me to say she was okay. After I bagged everything up I looked over and her head had slumped to her chest. Picked up her head and she was drooling and out of it. Morrisons staff were right there and were wonderful as I phoned 999. I can only imagine what the rest of the store thought when they brought out a privacy screen around her. By the time I was at the end of the 99 call she'd come back around and was talking normally and answering questions correctly. Paramedics check blood sugar, ECG twice and they had trouble finding her blood pressure at the start but that came back quickly too. They said to take her home and rest for the remainder of the day. Luckily Helen was working from home so could come and get us to settle her in and arrange for her car to be picked up by my sister. She got a gentle lecture from the paramedics that she shouldn't be out shopping with her COPD and maybe she might actually listen to them rather than just laughing when I suggest such things.
Sounds a real nightmare experience. I'm glad she's better but I can imagine the anxiety. Fingers crossed it was just a passing episode, and she listens to wiser heads. Big hugs, bud.
Bloody hell, that sounds horrendous. Hope she stays well and that you both keep safe.
Ta all. I've necked four diazepam and am starting to relax.
Fuck, that's horrible :( Glad she's on the mend, Dimrill.

My Mum's been in a care home for the past couple of weeks while the Council fit a new shower into her bungalow, but she started looking really unwell yesterday so they had to take her into hospital for observations. They think it's just a UTI (of which she has a history) but they wanted to rule out sepsis and, of course, COVID first. I don't think they've given her a COVID test though, her symptoms didn't really match it by the time they got her to the hospital.
Sorry to hear this folks, hope your mums are ok
Hope both mums recover quickly
Really sorry to read this. Hope everyone gets better soon.
Sorry to hear this... Very troubling at this time too!
Gah sepsis is horrible. All the best Gaz.
Hope your Mum's ok, Gaz. Worrying times.
Hope both Mums are doing okay, that sort of thing is scary at the best of times.

Gaz, will it take longer for the shower room to be sorted due to the virus?
Cheers all. She's feeling much better today apparently, they're going to keep her in over the weekend just in case but they're 99% sure it was a UTI as she's responding to the antibiotics.

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Gaz, will it take longer for the shower room to be sorted due to the virus?

WELL.

It was supposed to be fitted between March 12th and March 21st, so she'd be out at the care home for 9 days.

About half way through that, the bathroom fitter the council had contracted had to stop work because he felt ill, so they extended Mum's stay at the care home until tomorrow.

The bathroom is now finished apparently, so she's able to go back whenever they say she can - but the annoying thing is that no-one has told us whether the original fitter went off with coronavirus symptoms or not, and thus we have no idea whether our Dad, a 77 year old with COPD and severe asthma (amongst other things brought on my a lifetime of smoking and drinking) is at risk of catching the damn thing...
A very minor Nay, my pc mouse has died.. my gygabyte 6880x has passed on. Time to mouse shop, as my spare ms explorer 3.0 seem slugish
For some reason, I didn't sleep at all last night. Came downstairs at 3am so MrsP could get some sleep. Been watching antique toy restoration videos as they're basically silent
DavPaz wrote:
For some reason, I didn't sleep at all last night. Came downstairs at 3am so MrsP could get some sleep. Been watching antique toy restoration videos as they're basically silent

Sorry to hear that. When you’re up and have managed to get some rest would you please send a link over the next day or two? We love Repair Shop on BBC and these sound like that but without the tugging on your heartstrings stories that make you cry at the same time.

This is guy I was watching. Very relaxing. Most satisfying.
Not that relaxing, obviously.
Ha ha, yeah I've watched a couple of those. And a bloke just down the road from here who cleans absolutely filthy cars, he get millions of hits. I also watched a guy renovating an old vice.
Trooper wrote:
Not that relaxing, obviously.

Relaxed, but not sleepy. God knows why
Thank you for the link
markg wrote:
Ha ha, yeah I've watched a couple of those. And a bloke just down the road from here who cleans absolutely filthy cars, he get millions of hits. I also watched a guy renovating an old vice.

Not the Car Wash Guru? The Scouse fella?
Page 140 of 149 [ 7450 posts ]