The 'NAY!' Thread
Objection granola :(
Fucking right.
I once put my money in the wrong gender-specific prize machine as a youngster, and won a purse. Story of my life.
Craster wrote:
I absentmindedly pressed the tea machine button choice (53!) on the chocolate machine, and ended up with a walnut and date granola bar. >:|

*awaits blog update*
Yeah, like I ate it. Pffh.
Could have ground it into a cake. There's a blog entry for you; turning healthy food stuffs into unhealthy, but tasty, foodstuffs!
Bobbyaro wrote:
Could have ground it into a cake. There's a blog entry for you; turning healthy food stuffs into unhealthy, but tasty, foodstuffs!

Yeah, crumble it up and melt a marsbar into it.
Bobbyaro wrote:
There's a blog entry for you; turning healthy food stuffs into unhealthy, but tasty, foodstuffs!

1. Throw away granola bar
2. Press correct buttons for a Lion bar.
Had my camera all unboxed, friend coming over to coo an hour from now. Was cooking pasta to enjoy. Phonecall from home.

My granddad's just died in his sleep.

So now I'm eating my food. New toy next to me. And I feel awful.

Still processing. Hasn't really sunk in yet. What do I do?
Sorry to hear that, Pete. There are no rules to how you should feel.
Pete, sorry man.
Terrible news, Pete. My sympathies to you and your family.

It's comforting in a way that he died peacefully.

Take time out for yourself and to be with family, that's all you can do for now mate.
Mum's emailing me tomorrow to let me know what's going on with arrangements and stuff. Not sure when I'll be headed back home. Thinking about phoning my sister but have no idea what to say and I don't want to emotionally tax her as well. I mean, what can I say? Mum surely will have spoken to her by now. A friend's coming round in a bit which I arranged before the call, was thinking of texting him and calling it off but I might need the distraction from my racing thoughts.

Jesus, this is going to be the night of staring at things with occasional spasms of obscure and unjustified guilt.

Thanks guys, by the way. Beex has come to mean stuff to me to the point where I find myself dropping words here when this news comes.
Sorry to hear that Pete.
Really sorry to hear that, Pete. I don't think it's ever easy to lose a family member, and hope you're doing well.
Sorry to hear about your Grandad Pete.

*hugs*
So sorry to hear that Pete.
Oh, Pete. I'm so sorry mate.
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, Pete :(
Sorry Pete, that's very sad.
Really sorry to hear that Pete. :(
Really sorry to hear that Pete.
I join everyone in offering sympathies, Pete. It's always tough to lose a loved one, especially someone who was there before the rest of us.
Such sad news, Pete...I'm sorry for your loss, I hope you're ok.
I am really sorry to hear that Pete...
My sympathies Pete. It's horrid to lose a loved one and you'll always miss them but you must always remember the good times you had together.
Getting calls like that out of the blue is never fun. The three occasions it's happened to me are etched on my mind and all three of them were unpleasant surprises that came without much warning. You have my sympathy.
Thanks guys.

This was my first surprise one. The others have been from the cancer. Still feel kind of mixed up, but my friends Alice & Sue helped by bringing over a bottle of wine to share last night and talking affectionate wibble.

His voice still plays on in my head. In a good way.
That sucks Pete. Really sorry to hear that :(
Really sorry to hear that Pete. My sympathies to you and your family.
Condolences to you and yours, Pete.
Really sorry to hear that Pete, I've lost my Grandad recently, and know what you are going through, my thoughts are with you and your family. I think it's really important to think of the lifetime of memories he gave you in times like these. It maybe painful, but hopefully it binrg some smiles through the teers.

Malc
Really sorry for your loss Pete, I hope you get to spend some time with your family and get lots of hugs from your friends. You're getting some virtual hugs from me x
Thanks guys. :luv:

Called my parents yesterday had a good talk. Then had a good cry. Followed by a good sleep. So feeling a bit better today. Will be off back home next weekend.

In work at the moment. This lunch however I walked down to Bute Park by the river and clicked some blues away with my new camera. Seeing nature up close through the viewfinder, seeing the curves of the petals, the ladybird tucked in beside the stamen and the translucent light filtering through the leaves of the weeping willow behind... I notice the beauty of both nature and light far more now than I used to. I don't know if its age or how the camera has taught me to see.

It is something to savour though. I think this coming Spring is going to be spent as much outdoors as possible.
Sorry to hear of your loss, Pete.
Was a enjoying a nice lunch with the girlfriend, when I suddenly had half of one of my teeth in my fingers. The bits were black on the inside and the remaining tooth is completely hollow. While I feel no pain at this moment, I imagine it will be coming soon, i.e. after a visit to the dentist.
Just discovered that something I invented a few years ago, which provides most of my company's income has been copied by some bastard in Germany, which is why the orders have pretty much gone to zero.

It's an ex-customer, who I even gave a discount!

Icing on the cake. What a shit fucking year so far.
kalmar wrote:
Just discovered that something I invented a few years ago, which provides most of my company's income has been copied by some bastard in Germany, which is why the orders have pretty much gone to zero.

That sucks man. You have any legal comeback?
kalmar wrote:

Ugh. Patents?
Nope. Invention isn't really the right word, it's just a gadget which does something, and is not unique. Still.
Sorry to hear that kalmar. Surely there must be some kind of legal action you can take?

Apologies for this brief moment of emo chaps, but I am what I am.

Basically I have essentially decided that I'm fed up of this being single crap, possibly even more so than having to live at my parents again. I just miss being able to go home to my girlfriend, have a hug on the sofa, watch some shit on telly and talk about the day. I actually miss that more than going out or even sex.

All I've got to come home to is some shitty room at my parents with four dull walls to stare at. Because of this, I've literally gone out somewhere every night for the last 7 weeks so I can have some company and distraction, but I'm fucking knackered now. Feel like I could sleep for a week.

Seriously, how long is it meant to take to stop feeling shit all the while? It's been nearly two fucking months now!

I did actually go on a date too on Friday after various friends suggested it might help and it hasn't really. That in itself is frustrating as fuck, as the woman in question seemed really cool and I got on with her brilliantly, but it still didn't feel 'right'. I guess it's not her I want in my life.

Gah, anyway, emo shit over for now.
Zio wrote:
Basically I have essentially decided that I'm fed up of this being single crap

Zio wrote:
Seriously, how long is it meant to take to stop feeling shit all the while? It's been nearly two fucking months now!

Apologies for the selective quoting, but you've only been single for two months? That's nothing really. I doubt that going out all the time will help though - you're still coming home to the same thing.. maybe you just need a place of your own?
I would indeed suspect that rather being fed up of being single, you're instead fed up of the fact that you're not dating your ex anymore.

You've not reached 'single' yet, you're still in 'broken up'.
Yeah, your forcing your spuds too early.
Stop going out all the time, sort your debts out like you said! :kiss:
Zio wrote:

Basically I have essentially decided that being single is a little difficult at the moment, and it's less than ideal living at my parents again, however, it won't be for too long and it will give me the opportunity to get my financial life in hand. I don't miss being able to go home to my ex-girlfriend, running the risk of getting a new one torn for no apparent reason, watching her smoke or basically oscillate wildly from calm to headcase with alarming frequency and no warning. I know I need to forget her and I'm getting better at remembering this with each passing day

FTFY to save me coming round to your place of work and repeatedly punching you in the head. :kiss:
I reckon I could function as a singleton. Loads of time to do stuff. Reckon I'd be a bit of a beardy weirdy though.
DavPaz wrote:
I reckon I could function as a singleton. Loads of time to do stuff. Reckon I'd be a bit of a beardy weirdy though.

With a head that size, there'd be plenty of beard.
DBSnappa wrote:
Zio wrote:

Basically I have essentially decided that being single is a little difficult at the moment, and it's less than ideal living at my parents again, however, it won't be for too long and it will give me the opportunity to get my financial life in hand. I don't miss being able to go home to my ex-girlfriend, running the risk of getting a new one torn for no apparent reason, watching her smoke or basically oscillate wildly from calm to headcase with alarming frequency and no warning. I know I need to forget her and I'm getting better at remembering this with each passing day

FTFY to save me coming round to your place of work and repeatedly punching you in the head. :kiss:

Yeah, this.
Page 10 of 150 [ 7457 posts ]