Breaking Bad
NEW AWESOME TV SHOW!*
Hmmmm. Dunno about this at all.
Zero interest TBH, Breaking Bad is complete, it's also finished.

This is a cheap cash in, and I'm not going to irritate myself with this tacky spin-off.
I love Saul Goodman but I'm not a fan of prequels. I already know the ending!
TheVision wrote:

“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”
― Ernest Hemingway
American Nativity wrote:
TheVision wrote:

“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”
― Ernest Hemingway

"I'm not a fan of prequels"
― TheVision
Was never that impressed with Saul Goodman as a character and surprised they chose it for a prequel

Gus Fring would have made a much better prequel show.
I love Saul, but he works because he's the comic relief. The only character who is basically entirely honest about his intentions throughout. Don't think he'll work as well on his own.

I agree that Gus would have more potential for an interesting spin off, but I also quite like how mysterious his origins are.
DavPaz wrote:
You mean Gus?

yes I did (fixed)
Kinda showed Gus's back story in Breaking Bad already though.
Zardoz wrote:

With big holes, mind. I guess it could be a miniseries rather than an ongoing escapades thing.
Zardoz wrote:

I like to think his character in The Usual Suspects is the same guy and someone murdered his family in a drugs heist. But it went wrong so he decided to take them down from inside, but then went native. And became Chilean.
American Nativity wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

I like to think his character in The Usual Suspects is the same guy and someone murdered his family in a drugs heist. But it went wrong so he decided to take them down from inside, but then went native. And became Chilean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOmp3HpAGgM
Better Call Saul has now arrived on Netflix, only watched the first of the two episodes that they've started with, but right out of the gate it's properly grabbed my attention.

I had some fairly big reservations about it, but they seem to have started his character from a very interesting place that's immediately compelling.

I'd watch the second episode right now if my alarm wasn't set for a seriously anti-socially early time for work tomorrow.
Yeah.

It's not yet convinced me that it's a story that particularly needed to be told, but particularly the second episode was good enough that I don't think I mind. Real bleak comedy.

Spoilers for Breaking Bad and both episodes of Better Call Saul:
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Hang on a minute! It's a bit of a stretch that Saul had an encounter with Tuco, and knew him by name? Right? I'm sure I recall him talking to Walt and Jesse about Tuco. I guess they never met in Breaking Bad, but I don't see why he would have totally concealed his prior relationship with Tuco. I guess it's possible that in future episodes of Better Call Saul, we'll get an explanation for this. But it does feel tenuous to me. Hopefully they won't lean too hard on that sort of stuff.
After getting bored towards the end of season 2, I found myself with some time last week so I watched most of it (37 episodes) in a couple of days, and watched a couple more every night or so and watched the last one tonight.

Season 3 and 4 were pretty great! Season 5 was great until
Hank dies
and then it fell away fairly fast.

Loved it when they went car shopping, though.
Grim... wrote:
After getting bored towards the end of season 2, I found myself with some time last week so I watched most of it (37 episodes) in a couple of days, and watched a couple more every night or so and watched the last one tonight.

Season 3 and 4 were pretty great! Season 5 was great until
Hank dies
and then it fell away fairly fast.

Loved it when they went car shopping, though.

omfg, I cant believe that
Aaron Paul could be so fucking hilarious :DD (spoiler spoiler, Ive only just seen that clip)
Lulz

Quote:
Stop throwing pizzas at Walter White’s Albuquerque, N.M., home — which has become a bit of a tourist attraction.

http://time.com/3740595/breaking-bad-vi ... gan-pizza/
GazChap wrote:
FREE PIZZA!

Just add ladder
Just came across a short piece on FSR about how Breaking Bad has a perfectly crafted pilot episode.

https://filmschoolrejects.com/breaking- ... 7c7528403e

Decent watch and only runs to 11 minutes.

Attachment:
bbere.JPG
Hearthly wrote:
Just came across a short piece

I think they are for Sister Sara
I believe they are doing a film about the series or something along those lines...
Page 11 of 11 [ 526 posts ]