This forum
I do whatever works in php ;)
Code:
While i<5
     response.write "I will not debate HTML with people who know what they're talking about.<br>"
Wend

Note that I also don't close my tags properly, as expected.
Code:
][a
epk]
erpi'v.mntyp=56-79a
#s;el

Perl, there.
Hey nerds - what's going on here?

:D
Anyway, all the cool kids code in APL.

Craster wrote:
Code:
While i<5
     response.write "I will not debate HTML with people who know what they're talking about.<br>"
Wend

Note that I also don't close my tags properly, as expected.

No, that's fine, so long as you're not trying to use an XHTML DOCTYPE.

Moron.
<br /> is an abomination.
Mimi wrote:

Ugh! Girl!
Plissken wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Ugh! Girl!

Tch. Don't forget your <span style="girl-repulsion:full;">precautions</span>.
Craster wrote:
I will not debate HTML with people who know what they're talking about.

Hahaha!
Sheepeh wrote:
I actually find I have to replace mice quite often because I wear out the middle mouse button before anything else on the mouse goes, due to all the middle clicking I do - I use both Opera and Firefox and middle click practically everything. My style of forum reading involves going to the front page, and middle clicking down the list of topics then reading each tab individually and I'd cry if if I had to do it any other way.

Microsoft Intellimouse optical - solid as, been going for years now. It's the mouse I've used for years and years and it's my favourite.
I have a "Standard wireless mouse optical" but both it and the identical one I use at work have just passed 2 years with a hint of a problem.
My MX1000 died a few months ago and it was replaced with a Microsoft Habu. Me likey.
Pod wrote:
Microsoft Intellimouse Optical - solid as, been going for years now. It's the mouse I've used for years and years and it's my favourite.

The Wireless Mighty Mouse that came with my iMac lasted about two weeks before I concluded that apart from it's attractive, bar-of-soap style appearance, it was without any merit whatsover, and the skanky old Intellimouse Optical came out to lower the tone of my shiny new rig.

I've had it for about seven years now, during which it's moved cursors around Windows, Linux and OS X, and never shown the least signs of fatigue or wear. It does show hideous black fingersmudge marks on its beige buttons, though, and generally looks unsanitary.
Craster wrote:

I use this too. It is excellent.
No ruby hipsters on here then? :)
Code:
5.times {puts "I will not debate HTML with people who know what they're talking about."}
Best thing about this forum?

My work's internet filter doesn't know it's here.

HUZZAH FOR DAYTIME FORUMING.

Can the names of the people what-done-a-post be made bigger as well? Eg the bit that says "POD" over there <---
Ooh, that would be handy as they are a bit teeny-tiny
Us lovely mods have decided to give people two weeks to 'get the hang' of the new forum before we start acting on style requests, otherwise I'd never be doing anything else ;)
Fair enough, daddy-o
rss feeds anyone?
Perfectly sensible.

Now delete all posts about the subject and pretend it never happened.
What are RSS feeds, guys? Someone asked me to set one up on my blog, which I did, but I don't really know what they are for.

She (the person who asked me if I had an RSS feed) said that it was a really handy way of reading everything, but I don't really understand them.
Grim... wrote:
Us lovely mods have decided to give people two weeks to 'get the hang' of the new forum before we start acting on style requests

Polish your shoes, wear a nice green shirt and get a mullet.

That is all.
I think that everyone should dress as David Bowie from an era of their choice.

Actually, no - everyone should dress as David Bowie as Jared in Labryrinth. That would make this the weirdest place, ever.
Craster can come as Hoggle. As he is.
Always wanted to do the rolling ball trick.
Mimi wrote:
What are RSS feeds, guys? Someone asked me to set one up on my blog, which I did, but I don't really know what they are for.

She (the person who asked me if I had an RSS feed) said that it was a really handy way of reading everything, but I don't really understand them.

RSS is basically a way of reading the internet without really having to look at it. Think of all the sites that you hit every day to check for updates - if you sign up to an RSS feed, you can get all the updates sent to you, so you only need to load the pages when there's something new.

They're sort of like e-mails/newsgroup posts, only HTML formatted, etc. They're particularly useful for intermittently updated things like blogs or comics, or for things updated daily with lots of content, not all of which you're interested in - that way you can just pick out the stories that interest you.

I keep track of various blogs, comics and news sites (avoid monsters like BBC News or The Guardian, they take too much time), as well as things like MacUpdate and local Small Ads. Very useful indeed.

Download NetNewsWire (you are a Maccite, yes?) and have a go. You'll find yourself spending so much less time browsing the net (but consuming the same content) that you'll just sit in front of your computer feeling lost for the first week or so.

I sync it with NewsGator Online (which isn't great, but good enough) so I can keep track of all my feeds at work, then when I get home it knows what I've read. I can also flag things (like apps from my MacUpdate feed - BetterZip update today!) to be highlighted when I get home.

Sounds confusing at first, but it genuinely is Really Simple Syndication, and it's massively useful.
OOps, I just posted this question elsewhere! Thankyou for the info!

I will download what you suggest and give it a go, certainly.

Thanks, again.
I 2nd NetNewsWire. It's ace.
Mr Chris wrote:
Craster can come as Hoggle. As he is.

Clearly Hoggle is Lou Carpenter
Ha!

I'd like to see Grim.. and his chums try and chase down this little fellow:

"So, had enough, eh? All right then, throw down your weapons, and I'll see that you're well-treated."
Sir Didymus is one of the best characters in anything, ever. He's one of the biggest presences in that film (him, and Bowie's ever present, in-your-face, penis bulge...)
Mimi wrote:
Sir Didymus is one of the best characters in anything, ever. He's one of the biggest presences in that film

Isn't he just, though? And he rides around on a Dulux dog. What's not to like?

Quote:
(him, and Bowie's ever present, in-your-face, penis bulge...)

Try as I might, I don't seem to be able to recall ever having Bowie's penis bulge in my face. Has the trauma caused my mind to block out the terrible memories?
Hehe, you really can't miss it in that film, though. The way he so casually drops his hip and leans back doesn't help. It is funny, though.
Mimi wrote:
I will download what you suggest and give it a go, certainly.

Note that if you're running Leopard and Mail 3.0, Mail now has RSS capabilities built-in.
Have you guys increased the font size in the last few hours, or is the combination of weird-settings and this specific lcd monitor causing this forum to be brilliantly readable?
Mr Chris wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Quote:
(him, and Bowie's ever present, in-your-face, penis bulge...)

Try as I might, I don't seem to be able to recall ever having Bowie's penis bulge in my face. Has the trauma caused my mind to block out the terrible memories?

I have seen labyrinth many times (and many a lecture was spent with me and my friend Tim doing Ludo impressions rather than listening), but never have I noticed any penis bulge.

I think Mimi must have been looking specifically at that area.
Pod wrote:
Have you guys increased the font size in the last few hours, or is the combination of weird-settings and this specific lcd monitor causing this forum to be brilliantly readable?

Looks the same as ever here.
Pod - Have you accidentally moved your scroll wheel and zoomed in?
Mr Chris wrote:
Pod - Have you accidentally moved your scroll wheel and zoomed in?

Nope. I've even Ctrl-0'd a few times.
I shall take a screen-o-shot. It might just be linux being brillant with fonts though.
Can somone make me a sig that is like the one I has now, but larger, if I supply the original source image, please? I've been mucking baout in photoshop, but can't seem to get it right, as my face is alll stretttched.
Pod wrote:
linux being brillant

Splutter
Mr Dave wrote:
never have I noticed any penis bulge.

I think Mimi must have been looking specifically at that area.

Can I say from the outset that I have just googled 'Bowie Labyrinth' and this picture popped up, so it was not me that added the ring to highligh the bulge, but it proves that I am not the only person to notice
Mr Chris wrote:
Pod wrote:
linux being brillant

Splutter

http://www2.cs.man.ac.uk/~griffil5/imag ... o_shot.jpg

Only being able to read two (small) posts at once is a bit limiting, but it is readable. I think I might have just changed the default text size ages ago. I can't remember. I like being able to read things nice and big, you see. These squishy lcd's help with that as well. (Though mine at home is bettttttter, just my room isn't as well lit as this lab)
Also, how hilariously crap is this?
That is some quality tat, Mimi.

He looks incredibly frightening there, though.
Page 3 of 4 [ 155 posts ]