Royal Mail/courier company moany moany thread
every forum's gotta have one
Or, if they call while you and Russell are both there, don't answer the door, but shout to each other something like this:

You: OUR IDIOT NEIGHBOURS ARE AT THE DOOR.

Russell: KEEP QUIET, THEY MAY JUST GO AWAY.

We did that with Jehovah's Witnesses a few years ago. Worked a treat.
If someone rolls their eyes or makes a fuss about taking a parcel for a neighbour I never ever ask them again.

I much more respect a flat out no.
DHL website: Your parcel is being delivered today, but there is a problem with the payment.
DHL person on the phone: Your parcel hasn't even cleared customs yet so won't be with your today, and you'll get an invoice after delivery if you owe any money. Your account doesn't have anything outstanding as far as I can tell.
Me: So why does your website say it is coming today, and that there is a problem with payment?
DHL person: Dunno, sorry.
Me: When is it going to arrive?
DHL person: Dunno, sorry.

Thanks DHL!
Mr Chonks wrote:
If someone rolls their eyes or makes a fuss about taking a parcel for a neighbour I never ever ask them again.

I much more respect a flat out no.

That’d be fine if we had the same postman. We used to have two we saw regularly often: Dog The Bounty Hunter and JBR, after the people they looked most like, but now it seems to be just random people.
Warhead wrote:
Or, if they call while you and Russell are both there, don't answer the door, but shout to each other something like this:

You: OUR IDIOT NEIGHBOURS ARE AT THE DOOR.

Russell: KEEP QUIET, THEY MAY JUST GO AWAY.

We did that with Jehovah's Witnesses a few years ago. Worked a treat.

The woman just came down an hour or so later and asked if I had a parcel. I just said yes, cheerfully, and handed it over. I wanted it to be the chap.
Page 6 of 6 [ 255 posts ]