Minecraft Server - Pazland!
Backup file in 1st post
Cookie197 wrote:
I vagually remember DavPaz saying i was rubbish at grammer
EDIT: Edited to fix Grammer

Comedy genius! :D
Cookie197 wrote:
Fifth Thing: :bulb: I vagually remember DavPaz saying i was rubbish at grammer, so: Hey DavPaz! You're Brilliant! Is that your house?

Post of the week!
Craster wrote:
Cookie197 wrote:
Third thing: HOW THE HELL DO I STOP ALL THESE E-MAILS SAYING THERE'S BEEN POSTS SINCE MY LAST VISIT?

Sounds like you've subscribed to the forum. Go to the User Control Panel (top right), then go to 'Manage Subscriptions' on the left, and see if there's anything in there.

Thanks!
Cookie197 wrote:
A few things,

First thing: The server is looking really good!, you seem to have built a lot! (from pazland video)

Second thing: cant remember who it was, but someone wanted a Minecraft demo

Third thing: HOW THE HELL DO I STOP ALL THESE E-MAILS SAYING THERE'S BEEN POSTS SINCE MY LAST VISIT?

Forth thing: Hello to all the people that i know out there! Nice to talk to you again!

Fifth Thing: :bulb: I vagually remember DavPaz saying i was rubbish at grammer, so: Hey DavPaz! You're Brilliant! Is that your house?

Thank you for listing to my mindless blabbing.

Cookie197

I couldn't click on the links.
Grim... wrote:
Cookie197 wrote:
A few things,

First thing: The server is looking really good!, you seem to have built a lot! (from pazland video)

Second thing: cant remember who it was, but someone wanted a Minecraft demo

Forth thing: Hello to all the people that i know out there! Nice to talk to you again!

Thank you for listing to my mindless blabbing.

Cookie197

I couldn't click on the links.

there's only one link :P http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/04/19/download-the-minecraft-demo/ have it again :DD
Quote:
I've had it close itself down with a message that it's run out of memory and it didn't want to corrupt my world (I was playing around with the graphics options).

This is on a PC with 12GB of RAM. (And yes I know it'll only use 1.5GB for itself, and yes I know it's probably some dreadful inefficiency in the Java engine. But even so.)

Had this repeatedly on a machine with "just" 4GB, reinstalled java but used the 64bit version, haven't had it since. Don't know if you already have it or not.
Is this server full these days, or is there space for a small one? :)
Back on GTAIV/DiRT3 now, ultimately Minecraft was lacking any kind of objective, I think I admire it far more than I like it.
AtrocityExhibition wrote:
Back on GTAIV/DiRT3 now, ultimately Minecraft was lacking any kind of objective, I think I admire it far more than I like it.
It's a toy, not a game. It requires the player to bring their own imagination.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
It's a toy, not a game. It requires the player to bring their own imagination.

Oh absolutely, ten years ago I'd have been all over this, and when I was a teenager, I don't think I'd have left the house.

There's a great deal in Minecraft I admire and am very drawn to, but ultimately it turns out I like my gaming time to be a bit more goal-focused these days.

(A younger me would have seen 'the goal' as making something brilliant, but for whatever reason it's not enough now.)
And when I was a teenager, I don't think I'd have left the house.

:this:

That's a perfect description of my life!
Pazland: A pictorial tour - Part 1

The Spawn

The first thing you see as you land in Pazland is the Spawn House. Hewn from stone, lapiz and wool, the Spawn is the hub of the town

All along the watchtower

Atop the Spawn House stands a Watch Tower, affording exquisite views of the surrounding area

Pazland Main Street

Leaving the Spawn to the South leads to Main Street, where can be found Hot Piss News and the Toboggan Shop.

Dimrill Gate Rail Bridge

Dimrill Gate Bridge spans the water gap and marks the beginning of the railway to Barad-Dim

Pazland Main Street

After a long journey, you may wish to relax in the Duck and Codpiece Bar
Pazland: A pictorial tour - Part 2
TheRevOwen Memorial Garden

Too much to drink? How about a peaceful sit in the RevOwen garden?

My house!

Those of you with the Golden Tour Package might consider a peek in the replica home of yours truly!

Anon-X's Brick and Sandstone House

Two examples of the fine housing on offer in Pazland, courtesy of Anon-X and MrPSB

MrPSB's Elite Wall and Redstone Piano

MrPSB also has provided visitors with a huge monument to 8bit gaming and a Giant Piano with working Redstone keys!

Craster's Crunchy Acres

Even the social housing of Pazland is well appointed, thanks to the care of friend Craster
Pazland: A pictorial tour - Part 3

Perkies' CRP Railway Entrance

Local Railway Nut, friend Perkies, has laboured hard to build a stunning overhead rail system. A later tour will share the delights within

Ballache Library

Need a guide book? Try Ballache Library!

Ballache Library's Music Librarian!

Inside the Library, you may see a few familiar faces ;)

The Yawning Donkey Coffee Shop

Stopping for lunch? You could do much worse than the Yawning Donkey Coffee Shop!

The Projects

If it's property you're after, there are still spaces available in the Projects
My god, that's incredible. I need to come on and check this out.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

:this: :this: :this:
Pazland: A pictorial tour - Part 4

Anon-X's Medieval Castle - Germanic, no?

Pazland is a modern city, but remembers the past. Visit Anon Castle for a taste of the old days!

It's him! Mario!

What's that? Why it's our local plumber, off to his next job!

Capitalism's iron face

Even the businessmen of Pazland live in beautiful surroundings

Perkies's CPR Cathedral Street Station

Another Branch of the CPR!

Pazways Supermarket

No need to drive out of town for shopping in Pazland!
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Keep watching...
Pazland: A pictorial tour - Part 5

The Pazland Sign

Hollywood, Schmollywood!

Dimrill's Stunning Cathedral

Feed your spiritual needs, thanks to Sir Dimrill

Inside Dimrill's Stunning Catherdral

Pazland Hall of Rekkids

The Hall of Rekkids - With Dimrill huge clock (ho ho)

Pazland Public Swimming Pool

Fancy a dip? Don't forget your towel!
I'm astonished at the vastly increased range of building materials too.
Pazland: A pictorial tour - Part 6

The Port Authority

Cruise Liners stop often here, bringing fresh faces every day!

Craster's Dock and sweet cranes

The docks keep the town well stocked

That concludes our brief tour of a few scant highlights of Pazland. Although you've seen the start, there is much more inside! Visit to see:

- Nickachu's Megacastle!
- MrPSB's Tower of Stuff
- Perkies' Mysterious Southern Project
- The Craster Railway epic tour (featuring a monstrous surprise!)
- Barad-Dim, a day out in itself
- and many, MANY MORE!

These posts are brought to you by the Pazland Tourist Board ©2011
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
I'm astonished at the vastly increased range of building materials too.

There's not a lot new really, just sandstone and Lapiz I think, but there are many more wool colours now, which helps.
I see Dimrill's been busy. 8) That cathedral is amazing.
I've never been particularly interested in Minecraft, but fuck that's impressive.
*Falls in love with map*
p.s.

Attachment:
2011-06-21_20.18.19.png
Haha. Lemmings, excellent. And a builder one at that. Very appropriate.
Oh god, the lemming monument is amazing.
That is incredible. I'll have to come back to Minecraft I think...
All of that is, it has to be said, absolutely gobsmackingly awesome.
I want to come see. TELL ME THE MAGIC CODES!
Fucking hell. Seeing Pazland after not having played for many months is like getting to Blackwater in Red Dead.
I may have just built a rollercoaster...
Aww, you can just see my wooden sea views residence going up in that boat shot. Hopefully I'll get the exterior polished off tonight at work. I'm slightly concerned though that I chose the spot for the views and went back 2 days later to extend on the foundations, only to find the town was twice as close as it was the day before. Might convert the building into a yacht club or something and head out into the hinterlands too find somewhere and build an even betterer cabin.
Things that seems miles away are definitely feeling a lot closer now!
Gilly wrote:
That is incredible. I'll have to come back to Minecraft I think...

GovernmentYard wrote:
Aww, you can just see my wooden sea views residence going up in that boat shot. Hopefully I'll get the exterior polished off tonight at work. I'm slightly concerned though that I chose the spot for the views and went back 2 days later to extend on the foundations, only to find the town was twice as close as it was the day before. Might convert the building into a yacht club or something and head out into the hinterlands too find somewhere and build an even betterer cabin.

Oops, sorry about that. I think the town will continue to expand, so indeed if looking for wilderness going a bit further out might be advisable.
devilman wrote:
I see Dimrill's been busy. 8) That cathedral is amazing.

Craster wrote:
GovernmentYard wrote:

Oops, sorry about that. I think the town will continue to expand, so indeed if looking for wilderness going a bit further out might be advisable.

Funnily enough, GY's house stands on the ruins of Dimrill's first settlement, which he moved out of as it was too close to the spawn. But yeah, the urban sprawl continues! Head for the hills!
There's plenty away from anything. Look at perkies land or craster land they are miles from anything!
I think I need someone to come and forcibly uninstall this from my PC.
New update is out.

Pistons. Gonna be so much fun!
Yes, updated last night. Running a dev build of bukkit for now, so expect flakiness.
That oilrig is fantastic
The haunted house is now open for business!
Craster wrote:
The haunted house is now open for business!

In the super fun land?
Page 3 of 22 [ 1067 posts ]