Game Of Thrones (TV)
Spoilers after the 9pm show!
Seriously, yes, it has been good.
Saturnalian wrote:
This and The Walking Dead are the only things I'm interested in watching these days. Season 2 has been fantabulous.

It looks gorgeous in super sexy Bloo Rayz-o vision.

The soundtrack is great.

The script is fabulous.

The characters all imbue me with loathing or the fear of what fate will befall them. There is no middle ground whatsoever.

I only wish they'd laid off with the number of whimsical folk. The fatty on The Wall was enough. The giant female knight is the only character that's a bit too silly. Not that having an ultra loyal female knight is silly it's just that she plays it like a lumbering buffoon.

Anyway, just settling down to episode 9...

...ooh, y'know who I like lots though? Jaqen. I loved his part in helping Arya.

Whimsical, is he? Silly, is she?

Read on, or watch on if you prefer. Martin doesn't add characters for comic effect.
It's amazing to think that people watching the series...

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Think they know Jaime, or Varys... and that things will improve even slightly for at least one Stark. There's so much this series has to convey, I predict a thread full of squeals for the next ten or so weeks.
I've finished the last episode of season 2 and I am sad. That was a-fricking-mazing. I didn't love it as much as the first season, but so what, it was utterly fascinating from the first minute to the last.

It probably helps that it looks the business in super-duper-sexy HD.

Now, I just need to wait another year for the next season to come on Bloo Rayz. Fuck my life. And fuck Sky Atlantic not being on Virgin.
Saturnalian wrote:
Now, I just need to wait another year for the next season to come on Bloo Rayz. Fuck my life. And fuck Sky Atlantic not being on Virgin.

Are you not interested in, um, other distribution methods?
It's not on Netflix

MR INNOCENT FACE
We could act out the next book on youtube for him?
Bagsy not [redacted]!
I'll be Gregor!
I'll be [redacted], I get to act out [redacted] to [redacted] in the [redacted] while [redacted] [redacted]
Trooper wrote:
I'll be [redacted], I get to act out [redacted] to [redacted] in the [redacted] while [redacted] [redacted]

Sounds thrilling!
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Sounds thrilling!

It's better if you realise that [redacted] is actually [redacted]'s [redacted].
Curiosity wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Sounds thrilling!

It's better if you realise that [redacted] is actually [redacted]'s [redacted].

8)

Wow!
Grim... wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:

Are you not interested in, um, other distribution methods?

I haven't found a nice site for that type of thing. In fact , I only ever use yifi-torrents for movies as I can play them on my phone.
Bamba wrote:
Http://torrentz.eu

I use this for practically everything. Don't need any of this elitist invite only tracker stuff ;)
I'll check this out come April. Cheers dude! :kiss:
Saturnalian wrote:
I only ever use yifi-torrents for movies as I can play them on my phone.
8)

Saturnalian wrote:
I'll check this out come April. Cheers dude! :kiss:

Just out of curiosity, have you never heard of even, for example, the Pirate Bay? I just assumed you were holding out for Bluray discs on purpose, the idea that you were happy to download this kind of stuff but literally didn't know where to go never even occurred to me.
S03e01 on the NG today!
I found an allegedly 1080i version of this which I'm downloading to see what it's all about. I don't really understand the 'i' and 'p' part of these things (I've Googled and read up on it loads of times but it's one of those subjects where the information just never seems to stick in my head) so it's probably just nonsense but I'm grabbing a trusty 720p version as well anyway.
1080i and 720p are subjectively very similar. The i refers to 'interlaced' meaning that the vertical resolution is effectively halved. Given the choice, I'd go with 720p
DavPaz wrote:
1080i and 720p are subjectively very similar. The i refers to 'interlaced' meaning that the vertical resolution is effectively halved. Given the choice, I'd go with 720p

Assuming the 1080 version converts for the PS3 okay I'll give them both a shot and see if I can see a difference. What resolution are these things originally broadcast in?
Some stuff on Sky HD is in 720p (their live football is), some is 1080i.

720p will be plenty for good viewing.
Grim... wrote:
Some stuff on ky HD is in 720p (their live football is), some is 1080i.720p will be plenty for good viewing.

Oh aye, everything else we watch is 720p and looks plenty nice on the big tv; I was just curious as I saw the 1080 version pop up in the search results.
To that torrenting thing!
Non-spoilery comments on ep in tags for safety:

Meh. It was ok. I found the pre-credits intro very underwhelming for the first ep of the season. The plot meandered along and then the episode ended. No great revelations yet. I'll keep watching though, obv.
I was a little disappointed with that. A bit too much scene setting.
I've just watched this! In HD! From a torrentz! On my PS3!

I couldn't be happier since I won't have to wait twelve months. Cor blimey govnah, I ain't 'arf happy. Whoop de whoop.

Anyway, it felt more like a continuation of season 2 than a start to a new season. I've not long finished so it didn't bother me in the slightest but if I hadn't watched it in a while I might have forgotten who everyone was and what was going on. Mind you, I did wonder who the guy on the sea rocks was momentarily.

I thought season 2 had too many of these kinds of episodes though where not much happens whereas season 1 was a roller coaster on excellence.

I did have a hearty chuckle when they were buying slave soldiers. "Tell this western whore I ain't got all day, it's hot" "What did he say" "You must choose quickly as there are other buyers" "oh right, coolio".
Could someone do me a favour and post in a spoiler what happened at the end of season two with what his face Lannister (the dwarf((is that offensive?!))) and his dad and everyone else? I have forgotten why he is in the situation he is in.
His dad hates him
sdg wrote:
Could someone do me a favour and post in a spoiler what happened at the end of season two with what his face Lannister (the dwarf((is that offensive?!))) and his dad and everyone else? I have forgotten why he is in the situation he is in.

His dad send him to be something like the PM in Kings Landing, because Jeoffery is a idiot/evil and Cersei is a dick. So he did, and whored it up a bit. But also RULED JUSTLY. Then when Stannis attacked he took care of defending, even leading a sortee to the gates. He then suddenly got bashed in the face by one of the LOYAL KINGS GUARDS.

Now poppa's back in Kings Landing and he's taking the job of being PM back and dwarfy has been put in some crappy guest quarters.

Also: They hate each other, because pops despises Tyrion for a) being a dwarf, which dishourns the family b) causing the mother to die in childbirth c) whoring and drinking loads.
The T&A is very much dialed down this season, isn't it? I guess they have their audience now ;)
It seems to be a bit less fighty so far as well

Although I seem to remember EVERYONE DIES pretty soon.
Isn't JL meant to be missing a hand by now? I thougtnwhen he had a fight with Brioche on the bridge there was some comment about how he was pretty decent and she was impressed
MaliA wrote:
Isn't JL meant to be missing a hand by now? I thougtnwhen he had a fight with Brioche on the bridge there was some comment about how he was pretty decent and she was impressed

His hand is removed by Vargo Loach, whom I presume is the Bolton bannered chap who rocked up at the end of the episode.
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

His hand is removed by Vargo Loach, whom I presume is the Bolton bannered chap who rocked up at the end of the episode.

Ah, yeah. I vaguely recall. Too many people. <standard grumble>
MaliA wrote:

From memory: They're fighting and Briennenenene comments that he's impressed, even when shackled and hungry. Then they get caught by Vargos. Vargo chops off hand. They 'escape'
Pod wrote:
MaliA wrote:

From memory: They're fighting and Briennenenene comments that he's impressed, even when shackled and hungry. Then they get caught by Vargos. Vargo chops off hand. They 'escape'

Ah that might be it, too. I like JL.
If I haven't seen episode 2 of the new season or read the books yet, can I open those spoilers?
Saturnalian wrote:
If I haven't seen episode 2 of the new season or read the books yet, can I open those spoilers?

No.
Saturnalian wrote:

Best not.
I'm a season behind, but I have to note my amusement at the point where Stannis Baratheon corrects his mate on the proper usage of 'less' and 'fewer' towards the start of S2.
Cras wrote:
I'm a season behind, but I have to note my amusement at the point where Stannis Baratheon corrects his mate on the proper usage of 'less' and 'fewer' towards the start of S2.

He and Myp share many traits
DavPaz wrote:
Cras wrote:

He and Myp share many traits

I dunno.

I quite like Stannis.
The scene with
Marjorie and Joffrey
was excellently done. He portrayed
his horrible side
brilliantly, and she did well
to use that to her advantage
. it was brilliantly unsettling, creepy and well acted.
Actually, it was all good this week. Even the bits with Sansa. mostly as other people were being brilliant whilst the actress sat there and wondered why people were dressed funny and occasionally begin to talk nonsense at her, often repeating the same thing several times as an increasinly angry man shouts "CUT"! and then it gets dark and they all go home. not knowing what to do, she sits there and waits.
I enjoyed the part with Catelyn and Robb's wife. It added an extra layer to Jon's story very nicely.
MaliA wrote:
Pod wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Ah that might be it, too. I like JL.

Tywin is my favourite character from both books and film. He's clearly the best leader. He's also unsentimental and knows how to get shit done. The country previously did fine with him in charge for 20+ years, so they could do with more of that sort of leadership.

Plus, he's meant to shit gold.
Page 8 of 46 [ 2266 posts ]