Game Of Thrones (TV)
Spoilers after the 9pm show!
Curiosity wrote:
She said it and then walked out.

She could have just been going to the toilet. I don't think it's fair to assume everyone who leaves a scene is gone for ever :'(
Pod wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
She said it and then walked out.

She could have just been going to the toilet. I don't think it's fair to assume everyone who leaves a scene is gone for ever :'(

Though with the rate Martin gets through characters...
The wife has gone to see her mother, so I will be free to pig out on Game of Thrones and Fringe from Thursday night.

Have about 8 hours worth of both to get through.
Really loved this series but agree that it would have been better being a bit longer, even by a couple of episodes. I was confused by the things people have already mentioned, so thanks for clearing them up. The problem was I didn't know if we'd missed something or if they'd forgotten to tell us or if we weren't meant to know!

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Loved the bits with Kaleesay(?). She is amazing, and showed that she wasn't weak when she locked those two in the safe! That's the final episodes of series one and two had properly amazing scenes near the end of her and her dragons.
I think it's Khaleesi - and it's a title rather than her name, which is Danaerys.
Regarding the differences with the books and the whole thing of the series having big holes in it:

99% of people who watched Jackson's LotR hadn't the faintest fucking idea what was going on.
GovernmentYard wrote:
Regarding the differences with the books and the whole thing of the series having big holes in it:

99% of people who watched Jackson's LotR hadn't the faintest fucking idea what was going on.

Yeah but its battle were really, really cool.
Craster wrote:
I think it's Khaleesi - and it's a title rather than her name, which is Danaerys.

It basically means Queen, doesn't it? It would make for a cool name though.

Just watched episodes nine and ten! Fucking hell, it's just awesome. I've not read the books, mind you. I am tempted to read the first two before the third season starts but not any more than that as I'm really enjoying the show and would rather not know what happens throughout and spoil it for myself.

That being said, I spent this past weekend in Milton Keynes (horrid place) and amongst other things, had this done...

Josef Altin - Pyp
Finn Jones - Loras Tyrell
Jason Momoa - Drogo
David Bradley - Walder Frey
Natalia Tena - Osha
Roxanne McKee - Doreah
Roxanne McKee

I couldn't get a picture of Lena Headey as she wasn't allowing photos & Jason Momoa was wearing a fucking stupid hat. Not that I was gonna tell him that. Roxanne McKee might just be one of the most attractive people I have ever met. The show and pictures do not do her justice in any way at all.
Oooh, was it the annual nerdfest this weekend? I generally only realise when I see an abundance of black clothing in the centre!

I saw Katie Sackhoff there one year, she is another one that tv and pictures don't do justice to.
Old man-arms? She should be in that female Expendables thread.
markg wrote:

Or the male one.
Craster wrote:
markg wrote:

Or the male one.

I was of the exact same opinion, then I saw her in the flesh...
Oh yeah, I'd definitely never call her that to her face.
markg wrote:

EXPLAIN

Also
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gareth_mor ... otostream/

It would be more humourous if I could embed that in this post, but SOME DICK, not saying who, has done this: "The owner has disabled downloading of their photos" :'(
Pod wrote:
markg wrote:

EXPLAIN

Also
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gareth_mor ... otostream/

It would be more humourous if I could embed that in this post, but SOME DICK, not saying who, has done this: "The owner has disabled downloading of their photos" :'(

Like so... :D

He was fucking amazing. I just wish he would have been able to stand for a photo, I am quite short so it would've been brilliant to see.
Good job Flickr has that thing to stop you embedding pictures...

;)
Caught up last night, its really getting good now. I guess that S2e10 was the last one for the season? Or are they making more for S2?
asfish wrote:
Caught up last night, its really getting good now. I guess that S2e10 was the last one for the season? Or are they making more for S2?

nope thats it for S2
It seemed like a strange number to make, given the size of the source material.

Budget constraints?
Shame I thought this might be a bit like Walking Dead where they made a few epiosdes for S1, then increases the number in the next season
Curiosity wrote:
It seemed like a strange number to make, given the size of the source material.

Budget constraints?

I read that they are keeping it at 10 so that they don't water the plot and flow of each book down.
As an aside, I was listening to something on Radio 4 (it was on about 4pm, sometime last week) about Hit and Miss, and Paul Abbott said that SKY Atlantic was committed to purchasing longer dramas, so episode runs of 10 and more, rather than the 6 or so that the other channels seem to prefer. That's why he sold it to them, and it isn't on C4. He said he liked that form of dedication to the longer form drama.
asfish wrote:
Shame I thought this might be a bit like Walking Dead where they made a few epiosdes for S1, then increases the number in the next season

A lot of shows do this, and almost treat the entire first season as a pilot.
I'm watching this.

I'm also only posting this so it appears on my front page and I can read through 11 pages of comments at my leisure. So, no posting anything else for the time being. 'k, thanks.

I've only read as far as Myps moaning about the Lord of the Rings books so far. I'm sure he was only Tolkien the piss. *ahem*
Page 6 and people have already watched the entire first season. This topic has almost as many twists as the programme:

Lord of the rings is wack!
No it ain't!
Tom Fucking Bamballi!
Tits!
Flange!
Outrage!
It's Europe ain't it?
Racist!
Tits are good!
Tits are bad!
Racists!
TITS!
(cock)
And now we can add 'meta' to the list.
Ive never understood the use of 'meta', in things such as 'meta data' or meta gaming'.
MaliA wrote:
Ive never understood the use of 'meta', in things such as 'meta data' or meta gaming'.

It means self.
MaliA wrote:

It's "information about the [noun]".
So metadata is information about the data - who it was written by, or when, perhaps. Meta gaming is a bit different, and it means playing the game in a way that's not intended within the game. Sort of.
But it’s over- and mis-used. By hipsters.
Malabelm wrote:

:this:

Metahipsters.
Anyone know when the Second Season DVD boxset is coming out guys?

Got bought the first season boxset for my birthday by Teen Angel #2. Totally against expectation, I thoroughly enjoyed it, I must say.
Grim... wrote:
Malabelm wrote:

Metahipsters.

Indeed. It is commonly used to mean 'self-referential'.
Curiosity wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Malabelm wrote:

Metahipsters.

Indeed. It is commonly used to mean 'self-referential'.

Which is, from a tech point of view, the correct usage, is it not.
Goddamn this programme is awesome. Episode 9 done. Fuck, I don't think I can go bed until I've watched the last one.

Hnnngh. Oh fuck it, it's only work.
I shouldn't have stayed up till 1. Like Murtaugh, I'm too old for this shit.

Season one still rocked though; although, as someone who's never heard of the books let alone read them, I'd have preferred a conclusion to the story right there and then. It just seemed right to finish it rather than make it into a series. Still, I'm ready for more of the same when season two is released on sexy sexy Bloo Rayz.

Ain't it a shame that the Brits don't make awesome gorgeous series' like this. Where the hell is my tax money going BBC? Homes from Hell? Getthefuckouttahereyacants!
Ian Fairies wrote:
Ain't it a shame that the Brits don't make awesome gorgeous series' like this. Where the hell is my tax money going BBC? Homes from Hell? Getthefuckouttahereyacants!

Aren't the BBC involved with GoT, somehow?
Grim... wrote:
Ian Fairies wrote:

Chris Moyles plays Hordor
Grim... wrote:
Ian Fairies wrote:

Not AFAIK.
Where the fuck did I hear that if it wasn't here?

Hmm.
Mackenzie Crook is going to be in the third series.
MaliA wrote:

Ditto Diana Rigg.
Curiosity wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Ditto Diana Rigg.

That doesn't amuse me as much as the lad from The Office. Although he was very good in 'Accused', he'll still be the person from the Office.
MaliA wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Ditto Diana Rigg.

That doesn't amuse me as much as the lad from The Office. Although he was very good in 'Accused', he'll still be the person from the Office.

To be honest, I reckon he's more widely known worldwide as the chap from Pirates of the Caribbean.
Release the Blueray of the second season you spazzizz'z.
This and The Walking Dead are the only things I'm interested in watching these days. Season 2 has been fantabulous.

It looks gorgeous in super sexy Bloo Rayz-o vision.

The soundtrack is great.

The script is fabulous.

The characters all imbue me with loathing or the fear of what fate will befall them. There is no middle ground whatsoever.

I only wish they'd laid off with the number of whimsical folk. The fatty on The Wall was enough. The giant female knight is the only character that's a bit too silly. Not that having an ultra loyal female knight is silly it's just that she plays it like a lumbering buffoon.

Anyway, just settling down to episode 9...

...ooh, y'know who I like lots though? Jaqen. I loved his part in helping Arya.
"I will be there when the joy turns to ash in your mouth."

I should talk like this in real life.
So say we all.
Page 7 of 46 [ 2266 posts ]