Game Of Thrones (TV)
Spoilers after the 9pm show!
Giphy "three eyed raven":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o7bu5d1D28wKADty8/giphy-loop.mp4
Now it fucking works...
Y’know what annoyed me about the epilogue: no one reflected on what had happened or what they had been through: I wanted Jon to at least reflect or just brood on murdering Dany.
Nothing like a good bit of brooding to really bring the excitement to a finale.
A workmate who had recently blasted through all seasons to catch up to the last one reminded me that it was never explained why the White Walkers took babies... There was one particular season that ended with a baby being taken to an altar/font thing.
Zardoz wrote:
A workmate who had recently blasted through all seasons to catch up to the last one reminded me that it was never explained why the White Walkers took babies... There was one particular season that ended with a baby being taken to an altar/font thing.

Huh, was it really? I assumed it was to make more White Walkers (similarly to how we saq the Night King getting made) but perhaps that wasn't made explicit and I just read it somewhere.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Huh, was it really? I assumed it was to make more White Walkers (similarly to how we saq the Night King getting made) but perhaps that wasn't made explicit and I just read it somewhere.

I assumed this too but he's right. It was never explained in the show.
Also it would have been a baby white walker (or wight), what would be the point in that?
Grim... wrote:
Also it would have been a baby white walker (or wight), what would be the point in that?

Tunnels
Reading up says the scene where Craster's last son is taken to an alter does end with the Night King touching him and his eyes turning blue. So that's quite clear, I think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhyLKJgd8Zw

Grim... wrote:
I guess you wait a bit and then you have an adult White Walker. Being seemingly immortal probably makes it easier to plan long term.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Reading up says the scene where Craster's last son is taken to an alter does end with the Night King touching him and his eyes turning blue. So that's quite clear, I think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhyLKJgd8Zw

Grim... wrote:
I guess you wait a bit and then you have an adult White Walker. Being seemingly immortal probably makes it easier to plan long term.

That happened in, what Season 2? That kid would still only be a kid. Is there a White Walker school back in the far north? :)
We'll find out next season!
Did I miss a joke or something? I thought that was the final season.
Fancy reading the script for the final episode? Here you go.

https://m.emmys.com/sites/default/files ... one%20.pdf
Listening to the first Game of Thrones audiobook. Have never read the books, just watched the TV series.

I'm thoroughly enjoying listening to it, with the benefit of being able to put character faces to names having already watched the TV show (something I'm not typically comfortable with as I feel it sullies the role of one's imagination in the act of reading, but it helps here with so many characters knocking about).

The narrator is doing a good job on the whole, but I'm finding his voicing of Tyrion to be widely off the mark. He's made him sound like a country bumpkin, even when he's delivering sage aphorisms to those around him.

Which made me think: Those who had read the books, how well did you feel the TV versions brought the characters to life? Are there some that chimed exactly with what was in your head? Are there those that feel completely unrecognisable from the ones you imagined in the book?
Page 46 of 46 [ 2266 posts ]