Game Of Thrones (TV)
Spoilers after the 9pm show!
Was the only one that hated the resolution of Littlefinger storyline? It felt cheap and stupid, straight out of a brazilian soap opera.

When the twist happened...both me and my wife facepalmed at the same time.
I saw it coming, but it was great. He spends six series manipulating only to find out that the stark sisters together are more than he can deal with. The perfect comeuppance that's been so long overdue
RuySan wrote:
Was I the only one that hated the resolution of Littlefinger storyline?

No, your wife did too.
Apparently there was a scene filmed when the Stark gals go to visit Bran such that the gals were beefing but then Bran clues them in. Fuck knows why it was cut because it really did needed the subplot tying together properly.
Satsuma wrote:
Apparently there was a scene filmed when the Stark gals go to visit Bran such that the gals were beefing but then Bran clues them in. Fuck knows why it was cut because it really did needed the subplot tying together properly.

I disagree. I think it works much better if you have to imply that they have done that, or else you get to the exact same conclusion without the fun twist, and you get a boring scene with Bran doing a shitload of exposition.
Curiosity wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

I disagree. I think it works much better if you have to imply that they have done that, or else you get to the exact same conclusion without the fun twist, and you get a boring scene with Bran doing a shitload of exposition.

Once again, "apparently" it was just the girls walking into his room together (or similar) rather than a scene where he sits them down and spells it out which wouldn't be in keeping with show anyway.
Satsuma wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

Once again, "apparently" it was just the girls walking into his room together (or similar) rather than a scene where he sits them down and spells it out which wouldn't be in keeping with show anyway.

But does that add anything, really? Isn't the other way more fun?
Curiosity wrote:

There's no way you keep that exposition and also have the cool moment where Sansa says "how do you plead... Lord Baelish?" And I liked that moment. I was OK not to have the exposition, it seemed obvious enough to me that Baelish had gambled and lost that he could divide the sisters.
Zardoz wrote:
RuySan wrote:
Was I the only one that hated the resolution of Littlefinger storyline?

No, your wife did too.

:DD .

This show is still so massively entertaining but it's nowhere near the quality of the first four seasons. Episode 6 of this season was the ultimate nadir of the show. And for some reason i stop giving a crap about daenarys. And she and Jon have no chemistry whatsoever. I'm in team Cercei now.
Disagree. S7 was fanservice in a show that desperately needed some fanservice
Curiosity wrote:
Satsuma wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

The Sansa/Arya conflict runs across some 3 episodes. There's no exposition needed, you just need one scene to link the conflict to the reveal. Had the episode opened with Sansa, say, opening her bedroom door and Bran is in there fingering her knife (or whatever) would be enough for the viewer to be able to look back after all the action in the dragonpit has adequately distracted them and go "aww right. Bran had a pow wow with her AND the Stark girl were actually beefing".

There's so many people disappointed with the littlefinger reveal that it was obvious the conflict and resolution was poorly done. We all enjoyed him getting his comeuppance, but how we got there was not finessed with the same policitial wibbling as earlier Thrones seasons.
There are many people delighted at the brexit vote. Other people's opinions are no barometer
Satsuma wrote:
fingering her knife (or whatever)

:hat:
This post came by on my IG and I wondered if you’d all seen the Bayeaux Tapestry style GOT piece: https://instagram.com/p/Bajg3SfAZId/
3 seconds of the final season! SQUEE!

Also BARRY!
I know it's kinda cool to not be excited by stuff these days but... FUCK YES! CAN'T WAIT!

...for some Bud Light! Lovely piss taste!
Giphy "i see what you did there":
https://media1.giphy.com/media/ohMtDzrhrWgnK/giphy-loop.mp4
Satsuma wrote:

Can’t read it as that site won’t easily let me opt out of their ad cookies.
Lonewolves wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

Says the man that delivers junk mail for a living.
Don't the Royal Mail make a shit load of money off junk mail?
Lonewolves wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

private mode?
It contains major spoilers about the death of a much loved character in an upcoming season, so be warned.
Curiosity wrote:
It contains major spoilers about the death of a much loved character in an upcoming season, so be warned.

He’s already dead so if you’re up to date on your Thrones, you’ll be fine.
Grim... wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

You can easily opt out using the mailing preference service. ;)

Seriously though, I don’t like doing it. Last week I had to deliver 3,000 Wetherspoon Brexit propaganda pamphlets. It’s definitely one of the worst aspects of the job.
Lonewolves wrote:

Quote:
If you have suffered a bereavement or just want to stop unsolicited mail register with the MPS.

Wut
Jesus, that was a terrible website.

If I get more junk mail can I burn down the Post Office?
Lonewolves wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

Seriously though, I don’t like doing it. Last week I had to deliver 3,000 Wetherspoon Brexit propaganda pamphlets. It’s definitely one of the worst aspects of the job.

How does that work in practice? Do you get a list of everyone on your route to avoid spamming?
Grim... wrote:

Try making any sense out of this bullshit page

https://www.mpsonline.org.uk/consumer/your_choice
Such a shit website.
Grim... wrote:

You can if you like, but would be weird. The Post Office is nothing to do with Royal Mail, and hasn’t been for a long time.
Nothing to do with? Seem pretty pally to me.
FUCKING FUCK YEAH!

And I’m spent.
Not watching! No spoils!

Someone tell me the start date, though.
GAH I'M OUT OF THE COUNTRY FOR THE FINAL EP
Grim... wrote:

To somewhere with no internet?
DavPaz wrote:
Grim... wrote:

To somewhere with no Mrs Grim..., so I won't be watching it.
Grim... wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Unlucky. Good luck avoiding spoilers!
That reminds me.. How would someone watch this? Say if that person doesn't have fancy sky or anything like that.
TheVision wrote:
That reminds me.. How would someone watch this? Say if that person doesn't have fancy sky or anything like that.

Plex and a friendly host
3 month nowtv pass would do it, if you have a way to watch that.
You could buy the DVDs!
Sorry, I mean I've seen them all up to date.. I was just thinking about the new season when it starts.

NowTV could be an idea. I've only got a Fire Stick at the moment. I'll have to see if I can get it through that.
DavPaz wrote:
Grim... wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Unlucky. Good luck avoiding spoilers!

I have his mobile number. I shall manfully resist the urge to live text the season finale...
Two seasons done in a week, 5 more to go before the next season starts...can I do it? Yes I can.
Page 36 of 46 [ 2266 posts ]