Dungeons and Dragons
Zardoz wrote:
We will sleep soundly under the watchful gaze of my Owlbear(s).

Or in my tiny hut (https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Tiny%20Hut)
Dimrill wrote:
sdg wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
Reading up I'd really like to get a Wyvern. MIIIIIIISS! Is there an opportunity for a sexy Dorf without conventional genitalia to acquire such an beast?

Not outside the realms of possibility, although you’re not going to encounter them for sale in most locations. If you ask the right people the right questions, you might get a lead...

Hmm. Okay. Gill, where would I find a wyvern?

In a tyvern.
Mr Dave wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Yes! This was a plan of yore(s).
Please remind me to cast Enhance Ability when it comes to any checks especially in non combat situations, I keep forgetting I have it!

https://www.dndbeyond.com/spells/enhance-ability
I've taken Call Lightning & Sleet Storm as my extra lvl3 spells. I think we'll have more dealings with Fire baddies and Call Lighning is :metul:
Coming up next... frost giants.

(They'd damn better be wearing metal armour)
We can apply fire juice to our weapons!
As a bear, you could apply fire juice to your claws! Probably not to your teeth though, I doubt that would work too well.
It's just like a hot curry.
Fire juice is only available to people who request it from me and add it to their inventories.
Can I have two bags of fire juice please.

Here are some herbs.
I cannot help but feel, given it's only useful as a weapon buff for weapons made out of metal, that its usefulness is really only there for two members of the party.

Bear claws are not "a weapon made of metal" last I checked.
Mr Dave wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Tiny Hut is the best spell in D&D
Blimmin eck Everlong is MYULS away. No way are we going to get there unmolested. Very close to Silverymoon though which'd be nice to have a nosey around. Can we have map markers for the other things you mentioned on Monday, Miss?
We need a library :nerd: or tourist information centre so you can get tatt info.

Does anyone else need to find / research stuff they fancy? I'd like to find out where I can see an octopus and dinosaurs.
I’ll try and get the map updated in the next few days, I’m off work this week so I’ve had way less time at my computer than normal :ninja:

Once I’ve updated the map I’ll try and make entries for some of the new places as well but they might stay hidden if I put DM notes in them and then I’ll make them public once you’ve been there.
Mind and post in discord too so that Myp stays involved.
Cor Zymorphine Hall is right next to Silverymoon. I reckon I could go and pick up that giantslayer axe from there in the same sesh, eh? *cough*
Cras wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Tiny Hut is the best spell in D&D

Rope Trick ftw
Dimrill wrote:
Cor Zymorphine Hall is right next to Silverymoon. I reckon I could go and pick up that giantslayer axe from there in the same sesh, eh? *cough*

Map should be updated, I found an alt version that has more of the POIs noted on it along with roads that you’ll probably traverse :)
Oh, so you expect us to travel on roads, eh?!
Rummage Inc look into a giant's hole.
I look for Krung every time and I’m never disappointed.
Left it late this week!
I particularly like the shininess of Ivo's bonce.
He worked up a sweat fighting among burning buildings and villagers.

We haven’t agreed on where to go so sdg knows how to attack us on Monday.
Squirt's got it right in the discord chat: Everlong being our goal to reach with this wagon, but there's a few places/towns on the way that I'm sure Danger Mouse would want us to see. The big bad Silverymoon city sounds pleasant. And I _Really_ want that axe that's also nearby if giant encounters are going to become frequent.
is the axe the thing that involves stealing?
I hope it’s easier to draw.
Nah axe was a persuade.
LOOT!

180g each
Rod of metal - 2metres long with a button on the side.
Iron Pot
Potion of Greater Healing
2 broken hide armours
some fungi which is safe for eating
sleepy time nap nap herb

Does anyone mind if I take the potion?
Dimrill wrote:
LOOT!

180g each
Rod of metal - 2metres long with a button on the side.
Iron Pot
Potion of Greater Healing
2 broken hide armours
some fungi which is safe for eating
sleepy time nap nap herb

Does anyone mind if I take the potion?

I'd suggest you take the potion due to being front line an' all.
So strong it heals tattoos.
Good tactics again last night but we must remember not to stand next to danger doorways!
Carry on Rummage
Leomund's Tiny Hobbit House!
No smoking in the tiny hut!
And at the other end of the taste spectrum. I present, "The Battle of the Bulge".
I've enjoyed watching this all from (a plateau of ignorance) afar and z's illustrations have been absolutely outstanding. Demented and creative and seemingly effortless.
When this all becomes published that’s going on the slip cover x
Findus Fop wrote:
I've enjoyed watching this all from (a plateau of ignorance) afar and z's illustrations have been absolutely outstanding. Demented and creative and seemingly effortless.

This is definitely a fitting tagline for the campaign overall.
I really enjoyed this weeks session. A few days of travelling meant there was room for the characters to breathe a little bit and it was nice to see some of their personalities coming out, like the way they relaxed during their watch, or their attitude to meeting people on the road. Also some great uses of new and powerful spells and I enjoyed hearing the descriptions of how it looks when they're cast.

Poor Shuu is going to have to bleach his brain and eyeballs to cleanse himself of being unwillingly subjected to an upskirt view of a Hill Giant, and just when he thought it couldn't get any worse the Hill Giant was bitten by a poisonous spider.

We ended with the party arriving at the gates of a new city, a few days into a journey by road of almost two weeks.
It had a bit of everything.
I really liked the mental picture of Myptik scrabbling up the cliff face like Spiderman, and of Ermintrude's flying axe attack.
We're all certainly a lot handier than when we started out.

Your new Hypnotic Pattern worked a charm, even if it did make one of our spiders trip out... before Myptik murdered her.
Yeah, on a group of creature with low wisdom saves, like a pack of zombies, it would be awesome.
Do it in the pub when we're back in town.
sdg wrote:
I really enjoyed this weeks session. A few days of travelling meant there was room for the characters to breathe a little bit and it was nice to see some of their personalities coming out, like the way they relaxed during their watch, or their attitude to meeting people on the road. Also some great uses of new and powerful spells and I enjoyed hearing the descriptions of how it looks when they're cast.

Poor Shuu is going to have to bleach his brain and eyeballs to cleanse himself of being unwillingly subjected to an upskirt view of a Hill Giant, and just when he thought it couldn't get any worse the Hill Giant was bitten by a poisonous spider.

We ended with the party arriving at the gates of a new city, a few days into a journey by road of almost two weeks.

I'm still tickled about the idea of the halfling going on down the road and then suddenly receiving a message just saying "I'm Shuu" (I'm shoe?) in their mind.
Only to then an hour later have soon goon of a bard clasping a potato stride up to her and declare himself to be Shoe.
...are we still cancelled for Monday? :(
Page 66 of 69 [ 3449 posts ]