Dungeons and Dragons
I'm dying to read the other backstory bits of everyone else, but understand it's best to have the details emerge (possibly) as the adventure continues!

Or we all die tonight.
I remember the early days when it was so challenging.
Zardoz wrote:

If I’d died I would have killed you
Druidic exploration makes for great progress again :metul:
myp wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

If I’d died I would have killed you

I'd have dragged you back to Sister Wendy x
I'm guessing we've done this 'dungeon' backwards?
I still smell a faint odour of sausage...
I think Shuu did pretty well out of this week, with his Magical Dragon-proof Breastplate and Gloves of Punching You Really Hard in The Face.
LOOT!

500g minerals (glittery) -erm
Breastplate of Shiney Paths - Dragonguard - SHUUU
4 empty vials - erm
Dead flaming skull - erm
Doppel Skullx1 -erm
1 vial shapeshifter blood -erm
3 sets broken hide armour
3 broken morningstars
6 ears of bugbears - erm
Gauntlets of Ogre Power - SHUUU
I can't believe he did it a-fuckin-gain. You could at least mitigate it by saying "I am stealthing Gill! Do I roll!?" instead of "WOW! THOSE ARE SOME REALLY NICE BELLOWS!"
He made the Not-Beholder go home.
Zardoz wrote:
I'm guessing we've done this 'dungeon' backwards?

There’s a few different routes through it and I didn’t expect you to take this one but its the only way you get the benefit of the forge for the rest of the dungeon so it’s not a bad thing.
Dimrill wrote:
I can't believe he did it a-fuckin-gain. You could at least mitigate it by saying "I am stealthing Gill! Do I roll!?" instead of "WOW! THOSE ARE SOME REALLY NICE BELLOWS!"

:DD :DD :DD
Dimrill wrote:

I wasn't in the room! It was on an accident!
I think we lucked out on that fireball with our saving throws. Ivo would have gone down if he failed, and Schuu and Ermintrude would have been pretty badly hurt.
I did my Druidic duty of destroying the Undead.

I don't like the un-real cat. *WOOF*

It was nice to be fighting alongside Ermintrude as a Brown Bear again x
Ivo got 3(?) Natural 20's tonight too!
Yeah, Ivo feels he has done Xunt's work by de-undeading a few zombos.
Have you considered becoming a Druid my friend?

You don't need a house!
Dimrill wrote:

Those weren’t the only bellows in that cavern
We should probably put a little effort into hiding these corpses once we're back in again. I really thought that was the spider Nazzar guy :( Bonus having another Dopply skull though. What can I make with this one?
myp wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

you've got a hard stop at 10:30, remember.
Dimrill wrote:
We should probably put a little effort into hiding these corpses once we're back in again. I really thought that was the spider Nazzar guy :( Bonus having another Dopply skull though. What can I make with this one?

Doppleganger Skull Codpiece.
Fanatical has the enhanced edition of Icewind Dale for 3 quid at the mo.
Things Shuu has observed Ermintrude does not like. A list...

1) Sausages
2) Myptik
3) Doors
4) Prancing Druids
He’s shit at doors! Can’t reach the handles.
See these shins? *CLATTERCLATTER* Not a single trap has been sprung from them. Suck on that, sap-boy.
Dimrill wrote:
myp wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

you've got a hard stop at 10:30, remember.

I didn’t realise you were my boss irl too. I’ll make sure I jump straight into bed as soon as my turn my webcam off next week, dad
Things will be different now Myptik can CAT Scan ahead of us.
Too much parsive agrassiveness in the party! :'(
Zardoz wrote:
Too much parsive agrassiveness in the party! :'(

That’s ok, I’ll make sure I’m less passive-aggressive next week. Is that ok with you? *thin smile*
Zardoz wrote:
Things will be different now Myptik can CAT Scan ahead of us.

Call him by his full name: Diggory Pokery the Celestial Voidling
Attachment:
1FF25B3D-D0C0-4897-B036-59BDB9DC8B73.jpeg
Dimrill wrote:

I played in a Tomb of Horrors one shot at the games shop in Dundee a couple of years ago. Tomb of Horrors is legendary for being the dungeon Gary Gygax created to purposefully try to kill his players. The shop ran it as a competition, multiple tables playing the same adventure and the group who made it furthest before dying would be the winners. Almost every single player was stealthing anytime they were moving and checking for traps before moving along any corridor or interacting with any door or object.

Zardoth is basically the exact opposite of that :DD
Sdg, could I use Animal Messenger on Diggory Pokery the Celestial Voidling like a ‘real’ animal?

Could be handy at times to get word back to the towns folk etc.

Also: could we fashion an leather strap top for Krung and a tiny helmet and saddle for Diggory Pokery the Celestial Voidling so they can scout forwards of the party as a mini He-Man and Battlecat?
sdg wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

I played in a Tomb of Horrors one shot at the games... Zardoth is basically the exact opposite of that :DD

The trouble is from a role playing g perspective he really does feel blessed / unbeatable at the moment, 3 missed life drains! 2 missed eyeball fire things! Zombies flailing in front and not landing their hits!

I tried being a bit more cautious but it’s too exciting :D There wasn’t a door and I was looking far ahead, they came for me. It was just unlucky that Myptik nearly died but I knew he’d be ok x
I should have a small group of rodents and bugs following me around clapping and whooping really.
This game has done the best PR for Monday's they've ever had. Actually finding myself looking forward to Monday morning because it means it's D&D day :metul:
Even though it was Tuesday. :attitude: :luv:
Zardoz wrote:
Even though it was Tuesday. :attitude: :luv:

See you next Tuesday!
Squirt wrote:
I think Shuu did pretty well out of this week, with his Magical Dragon-proof Breastplate and Gloves of Punching You Really Hard in The Face.

Indeed. Shuu is becoming a bit if a unit.
Able to insult goblins to death
Able to get beholders spectators to blink out of existence
able to take some damage
(after a short rest will be) able to weapon well
able to pick up injured wizards and warlocks
able to make pesky druids smell of sausage
able to give people advantages in combat that they then forget to use.
Unable to function without a potato.
I’m glad you get your instant gratification even if it involves throwing your colleagues under the bus. ;)

How about a bit slower and steadier and we’ll get long-term pleasure from these characters? We’ll be rerolling once every 3mo at this rate! Myptik was very glad he had a healy bard nearby or he could have very well carked it last night, through no fault of his own (he was right at the back being sensible).

Feel free to gad about off ahead to your heart’s content when we’re not in a dungeon potentially full of traps and enemies. :D

Hopefully now we have a way of easily scouting ahead it won’t be so much of an issue in future.
myp wrote:
We’ll be rerolling once every 3mo at this rate!.

It's been twice that long and we're all alive AND better than ever!

Git Gud

x
myp wrote:
Hopefully now we have a way of easily scouting ahead it won’t be so much of an issue in future.

I used to spider scout for the party but all the eyerolling put me off :'(

You don't want me you just want The Bear :'(

...and my Parss Without Trarce.
Zardoz wrote:
myp wrote:
We’ll be rerolling once every 3mo at this rate!.

It's been twice that long and we're all alive AND better than ever!

Git Gud

x

I mean 3mo of game time obviously
Zardoz wrote:
myp wrote:

I used to spider scout for the party but all the eyerolling put me off :'(

You don't want me you just want The Bear :'(

...and my Parss Without Trarce.

If you didn’t stink of piss and bear shit we might like you more
Dimrill wrote:
We should probably put a little effort into hiding these corpses once we're back in again.

Yeah, plenty of rocks in this room to cover them with. And Shuu can 'Magic Tree' the crime scene.
Shuu, please can you make Myptiks goggles smell of dog fart x
Zardoz wrote:
Shuu, please can you make Myptiks goggles smell of dog fart x

It’ll be a refreshing change after being in your company for so long x
Zardoz wrote:
Sdg, could I use Animal Messenger on Diggory Pokery the Celestial Voidling like a ‘real’ animal?

Could be handy at times to get word back to the towns folk etc.

No, he's a Celestial being not a beast.

Zardoz wrote:
Also: could we fashion an leather strap top for Krung and a tiny helmet and saddle for Diggory Pokery the Celestial Voidling so they can scout forwards of the party as a mini He-Man and Battlecat?

Yes, because this would be hilarious.
Page 53 of 69 [ 3449 posts ]