Dungeons and Dragons
Re-roll your Cha, la.
I’ve realised I’ve double booked myself and it’s going to be difficult to make the next few Mondays. If anyone wants to take my place feel free, otherwise I’ll see if I can miss my other thing tonight.
Mr Chonks wrote:
I’ve realised I’ve double booked myself and it’s going to be difficult to make the next few Mondays. If anyone wants to take my place feel free, otherwise I’ll see if I can miss my other thing tonight.

Not starting tonight, probably next Monday.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Squirt wrote:
Working bard or bardly working, am i right?

No

You're in a particularly Myp-y mood this morning
sdg wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

Not starting tonight, probably next Monday.

Ok, that might be doable! Will find out
DavPaz wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Squirt wrote:
Working bard or bardly working, am i right?

No

You're in a particularly Myp-y mood this morning

No you are
sdg wrote:
As a player, other nice to have accessories are dice (lots and lots of lots of dice! :luv:
laughs in Shadowrun
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
sdg wrote:
As a player, other nice to have accessories are dice (lots and lots of lots of dice! :luv:
laughs in Shadowrun

To give you some context around this, SR characters can easily be rolling 15-20d6 in their primary skills after chargen. If you’re a dedicated optimiser you can get that to 25d6 after some character advancement. Some rolls, like soak, can get to 30+ dice; I once saw a character sheet rolling almost 50d6.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
sdg wrote:
laughs in Shadowrun

To give you some context around this, SR characters can easily be rolling 15-20d6 in their primary skills after chargen. If you’re a dedicated optimiser you can get that to 25d6 after some character advancement. Some rolls, like soak, can get to 30+ dice; I once saw a character sheet rolling almost 50d6.

But what would I do with the other 500 d6s I have? *helicopter wangs*
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
sdg wrote:
laughs in Shadowrun

Wtf, that must take forever! I usually play with two sets but have four set out so that I can choose the one that takes my fancy at the time. Two are useful for rolling adv/disadv on d20s and for rolling damage since at the moment I usually do 2d8.
Rolling 50d6 and still not scoring high enough must be a pretty massive let-down.
Squirt wrote:
Rolling 50d6 and still not scoring high enough must be a pretty massive let-down.

How divergent from 175 does rolling 50 dice get?
Malc wrote:
Squirt wrote:

Somewhere between 0 and 125.
Bamba wrote:
Malc wrote:
Squirt wrote:

Thanks for that useful comment.

Don't worry I worked it out myself.
Malc wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Malc wrote:
Squirt wrote:

Thanks for that useful comment.

Don't worry I worked it out myself.

You've put my mind at ease.
i think Meteor Swarm is the most die you can roll at once in D&D - 40d6 damage roll in total.
Nah, use Wish to cast nine Meteor Swarms
Giphy "nerds":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/A40fNMnNPd9yU/giphy-loop.mp4
Squirt wrote:
i think Meteor Swarm is the most die you can roll at once in D&D - 40d6 damage roll in total.

If it were me, I'd take the 120 damage and move on!
I can’t make the next four Mondays. So unless you want to start mid-December I’m out. :(
Mr Chonks wrote:
I can’t make the next four Mondays. So unless you want to start mid-December I’m out. :(

If we're running fortnightly, you'll only miss a couple. If you want to roll a character, there are a couple of spots in the early adventure where coming across a new party member makes sense so I'm happy to have you join later when you're free and I'll just have you start at the current party level (i.e. if they've levelled up to 2, you'll start at 2.)

@Goddess Jasmine Same goes for you, if you get into a routine at work that makes this seem doable again then let me know and we'll introduce your character at a time that makes sense in the adventure. Or, if we decide to start a new adventure once this one is done (it's relatively short in D&D terms but that still means anything between four weeks to four months!) I'll give you first dibs on joining the party to bring us up to six.
I've just used an online Character creator. Can I whizz you over the PDF, SDG? Just to see if it's ok? I'm currently agonising over which two cantrips and Lv1 druid spells to choose :D
Zardoz wrote:
I've just used an online Character creator. Can I whizz you over the PDF, SDG? Just to see if it's ok? I'm currently agonising over which two cantrips and Lv1 druid spells to choose :D

Yeah, I'll PM you my email address.
And by my experience, after two sessions we won't even have got to the first spot, we'll still be arguing over the elaborate plan to steal the farmer's donkey that we've somehow fixated on and have convinced ourselves that it's vital to the plot.
@sdg ok, sounds good. What character creator do you suggest for a noob?
If it helps other folks choices I've gone for a Wood Elf, Chaotic Good, Druid.
Don't let me down you pointy eared shrub botherer!
Half-elf Great Old One Warlock! He's a good guy who thinks he's a cleric to a benevolent minor God, but no one in the cult has twigged that they're basically worshiping a cosmic random number generator from the outer planes that barely even knows they exist ( hence Warlock class rather than Cleric ).
Mr Chonks wrote:

I like the DnDBeyond walkthrough. https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/724-new ... -character

Or use a pregen, attached.

Or, if you have an idea of the sort of character you'd like to play, let me know and I can build something for you.
sdg wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

I like the DnDBeyond walkthrough. https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/724-new ... -character

Or use a pregen, attached.

Or, if you have an idea of the sort of character you'd like to play, let me know and I can build something for you.

DnDBeyond quick build tool is here https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/bu ... uick-build
Oooh back story...
Adolescent Zardoth, once a promising gardener in his village, grew bored and went off in search of fun. Alas, he lost everything after an evening consuming mystic mushrooms with a talking deer he befriended, he awoke in an unknown clearing with nothing but half his wits. Spending his time since that fateful night living as a wild man and swearing revenge on the rascal ruminant, he learned how to survive then thrive in the wilds for years before stumbling upon an old Gnomes hut. The Gnome, an elderly Druid, passed on all he could teach about the natural world to young Zardoth during his remaining years, and on his dying bed asked him for forgiveness for the night he transformed into a deer and tricked the young wood elf...
sdg wrote:

Bloody hell! That's got even more Cantrips and Spells to choose from that the generator I used... I'm drowning! :D
That might be including all the spells from all the various other source books - there are loads extra, but I think we're sticking with the PHB.

Also, your backstory kinda makes me think that Zardoth had sex with the deer / gnome that night.
Squirt wrote:
That might be including all the spells from all the various other source books - there are loads extra, but I think we're sticking with the PHB.

Also, your backstory kinda makes me think that Zardoth had sex with the deer / gnome that night.

Firstly: :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD

Secondly: yes, best to stick to PHB as sourcebook for spells, I think you can specify that at the start. Then build the character sheet and choose spells from what it presents you with at the end because I think it will only show you eligible spells based on level, spell slots etc.
I've just redone it all through the Character Gen link you mentioned above, SDG. Emailed you a new PDF.

It's headspinningly bewildering all the stuff there is. Be gentle with us!
Squirt wrote:

100%
We will never know...
sdg wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

If we're running fortnightly, you'll only miss a couple. If you want to roll a character, there are a couple of spots in the early adventure where coming across a new party member makes sense so I'm happy to have you join later when you're free and I'll just have you start at the current party level (i.e. if they've levelled up to 2, you'll start at 2.)

@Goddess Jasmine Same goes for you, if you get into a routine at work that makes this seem doable again then let me know and we'll introduce your character at a time that makes sense in the adventure. Or, if we decide to start a new adventure once this one is done (it's relatively short in D&D terms but that still means anything between four weeks to four months!) I'll give you first dibs on joining the party to bring us up to six.

Thank you, hopefully next year won't be as chaotic! :luv:
Ginyard I really would like to join in to this. Would it matter if once in a while I'm not around due to madness? Also Just audio only?
I would note that I've been playing a game all year purely on audio chat, it doesn't cause any issues at all
Cras wrote:
I would note that I've been playing a game all year purely on audio chat, it doesn't cause any issues at all

In fact, it’s orders of magnitudes better, they’ve told me.
I think I fancy being a wizard. Lo and behold, Mypdalf the Badger
That's an amazing photo and you're an incredible twat
I will put up two characters later, and let everyone decide which of the two they'd rather take on an adventure
Dimrill wrote:
Ginyard I really would like to join in to this. Would it matter if once in a while I'm not around due to madness? Also Just audio only?

I would be absolutely delighted to have you!
Mr Chonks wrote:
I think I fancy being a wizard. Lo and behold, Mypdalf the Badger

Giphy "you shall not pass":
https://media1.giphy.com/media/kStl0AHeUuEo0/giphy-loop.mp4
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
sdg wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

Thank you, hopefully next year won't be as chaotic! :luv:

I didn't play any D&D after Neve was born until recently other than a couple of one shots, when I'd bee playing previously every Thursday night. I didn't think I'd have any chance again for ages when I started a new role in November and my commute went up to 90mins+ each way but working from home has suddenly gifted me my evenings back. I know what it's like to suffer never ending FOMO so as soon as your schedule allows, let us know and we'll find a way to work you in :)
Could my players check if you can access the Roll 20 site please? I’m on my work laptop right now so I can’t access it but if it works for everyone else, I’ll switch to the other computer for playing. If others have it blocked I’ll look into alternatives.

https://roll20.net/
I’ve asked my boss and he says he’ll unblock it for me
Page 5 of 69 [ 3449 posts ]