iOS gaming thread
Game Center names in 1st post
Saturnalian wrote:
Super Mario iPhone releases 15 December. Free to play with some "elements" behind a paywall that requires a one time payment of TEN FUCKING POUNDS.

Fuck that. Fuck Mario.

Probably a load of shit anyway.

That's only a fifth of the price of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
I can't stop playing FIFA mobile. Refuse to pay for it though so may be short lived (but now at three weeks)
Lonewolves wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:
Super Mario iPhone releases 15 December. Free to play with some "elements" behind a paywall that requires a one time payment of TEN FUCKING POUNDS.

Fuck that. Fuck Mario.

Probably a load of shit anyway.

That's only a fifth of the price of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

It's £8.

It's a demo, with the full game being all 6 worlds (4 stages each) and two other game modes.

It's Mario.

It (looks) polished as fuck.

I'm totally buying it.

EDIT: The race to the bottom and F2P has killed the App Store, I haven't bought anything other than Reigns in a year. This is a breath of fresh air.
I definitely need some new offline games to play on my phone. Recommendations welcome, don't mind if they cost money, and I particularly like good versions of board/card games, like Star Realms, Dominion, etc
Yep, I don't mind dropping £4-8 on a mobile game if they're going to be good value. F2P games don't tend to take up a lot of my time (Pokémon GO excepted).
Curiosity wrote:
I definitely need some new offline games to play on my phone. Recommendations welcome, don't mind if they cost money, and I particularly like good versions of board/card games, like Star Realms, Dominion, etc

Solomon's Keep is a great fun wizard shooter RPG-type thing.
Grim... wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

:this:

I played this for ages
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.
Grim... wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Yeah, I finished that a while back. Very fun game.
My main concern with Mario is that 24 levels isn't very much for a Mario game, but obviously just that number on its own doesn't tell you very much.

If it's comparably meaty as other Mario games, £8 is a bargain.

I reckon that they'd probably sell more without have a demo and just making it £8 up front, and sales data on mobile tends to agree. But then none of the other games on iOS are Mario.

Closest comparison is probably Minecraft, GTA and Final Fantasy, all which do very well on iOS. Also this is already getting a huge push from Apple. Apple obviously don't care about games as anything more than a means to an end, but Mario and Nintendo has a degree of prestige that no one else can really match.
Curiosity wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Yeah, I finished that a while back. Very fun game.

Solomon's Graveyard us a great fun wizard shooter endless-type thing.
Solomon's Boneyard is a great fun wizard shooter endless-type thing.
Anyone got any games to suggest that do not contain the word Solomon?
Really Bad Chess (Chess where all the pieces are randomised)
Bug Princess (bullet hell greatness)
Sonic CD (Sonic CD) (with adverts)

Not really what you're looking for but what you should be looking for. Maybe.
Findus Fop wrote:
Solomon's Boneyard is a great fun wizard shooter endless-type thing.

Ah yes, indeed.
Saturnalian wrote:
Really Bad Chess (Chess where all the pieces are randomised)
Bug Princess (bullet hell greatness)
Sonic CD (Sonic CD) (with adverts)

Not really what you're looking for but what you should be looking for. Maybe.

Cheers. The chess one sounds fun as I love chess.
I'm a big fan of Bug Princess (Treasure's bullet hell shooter).

I'm not so keen on Bug Princess 2 - the graphics aren't as good. Boo!

So I'm super happy to report that Espgaluda II is more Bug Princess 1 than 2. And by that I mean it's awesome.

I've played a few more of the free trials for Treasure shooters and I rather dislike that DoDonPatchi game. Ain't that supposed to be brilliant. It's gash.
which one, that 'pure game'' or resurrection (day ou you)
New Star Soccer is back. Yay!

It's an IAP-ridden mess, looking at its App Store page. Nay.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/new-star-soccer-manager/id1360417684?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

I loved the original (before that too got IAP'ed to buggery).

Trooper, did your school pal also work on this one?
Page 28 of 28 [ 1371 posts ]