iOS gaming thread
Game Center names in 1st post
Also, my record breaking game of 'Dungeon Raid' will today surpass the score at the very top of the Gamecenter leaderboard.

That's around 690k.

Given that at this point I'm basically invincible, how many points should I get before suiciding so I show up on the score table?
One single solitary point more than the current leader...
I've made my way into the top 5% on Dungeon Raid, and often get to the point of almost invincibility before cocking up and getting almost one-shot out of nowhere. I see it when I close my eyes.
Trooper wrote:
One single solitary point more than the current leader...

That would be very, very difficult.

If I have the patience to play for that long, I might go for the million...
Plants Vs Zombies is absolutely fantastic, it is arguably a bit easy but I really enjoy doing 'perfect' levels with it and making the most elegant defences possible. Plus I'm sure I remember there being endless/challenge levels on the PC version which can end up a total riot (I assume these are in the iOS version too).

Everything that was said about the PC/360 version of the game holds for the iOS version, basically. (This is running on the assumption it has the zen garden and extra levels and all that stuff, but even if it doesn't the adventure mode is well worth it for under two quid.)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3825&hilit=zombies

For £1.79p it's the sale of the century, and it's really funny too, the descriptions in the almanac are almost worth the price of entry alone.

And lest we forget the blatant anal sex reference in the almanac for the garlic plant.....
AtrocityExhibition wrote:
And lest we forget the blatant anal sex reference in the almanac for the garlic plant.....

Ha!
Money is free today. Haven't played it yet, but it's a card game from the maker of Lost Cities (and lots of other well thought off board games), so should be decent. Universal.
Hmmmm it appears that the iOS version of PvZ is missing survival mode, the zen garden, the challenge levels and suchlike.

It's basically adventure mode plus 'quickplay' once you've finished that (which is effectively just a choice of levels you've already played).

Still highly recommended for £1.79, but you'll need the PC or 360 version for the full experience.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
I'm up to the last mission of the second chapter of Highborn and by golly, it's a wonderful little slice of Advance Wars-me-do turn based strategy. Has some designers behind it who worked on the early Command and Conquer games, and it shows.

There's an iPhone version, but I'm on the (presumably preferable) iPad one. Free trial too.

Get this, this is awesome, thanks, DoccyG!
PvZ is great but yeah it takes far too long to get challenging.

The survival mode on the XBLA version is superb.

My fave TD game on iOS is The Creeps which is ace but just a tiny bit spoiled by some enforced tilting shit.

Game Dev Story almost maxed but I can't get anywhere near 100m sales. 76m is my record.
romanista wrote:

Looking forward to this. Here's hoping it in part fixes the rather mediocre Atari's Greatest Hits (with Gaming's Worst UI Design).
shouldn't this official topic start with a game centre list? i could really find that many forum gamecentre names... i'm Romanista345 ..
MaliA wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
I'm up to the last mission of the second chapter of Highborn and by golly, it's a wonderful little slice of Advance Wars-me-do turn based strategy. Has some designers behind it who worked on the early Command and Conquer games, and it shows.

There's an iPhone version, but I'm on the (presumably preferable) iPad one. Free trial too.

Get this, this is awesome, thanks, DoccyG!

Likewise tried it again on your positive comments, and seems ace. Cheers.
I'm such a mongtard. Turns out my record breaking game on Dungeon Raid was on easy level.

:belm:
Curiosity wrote:
I'm such a mongtard. Turns out my record breaking game on Dungeon Raid was on easy level.

It's still a pretty good feat, mind!
Malabelm wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

It's still a pretty good feat, mind!

I ended up 'quitting' on about 800k. I hadn't received any damage from skulls for about half a million points!

Still, at least it means I am still going to play the game to try and recreate the same effect at the normal level.
Curiosity wrote:
I ended up 'quitting' on about 800k. I hadn't received any damage from skulls for about half a million points!

Still, at least it means I am still going to play the game to try and recreate the same effect at the normal level.

You're still ahead of me on Normal, by about 7k, if I remember your score of ~23k accurately.
Curiosity wrote:

I was going to ask about that during your epic tale of awesomeness, because it happened to me. But I couldn't bring myself to rain on your parade. :D
Curiosity wrote:

I tried to do it on 'normal' , and things were going really well until i turned a level of mainly coins into skulls and had a meat shield , so although i could rack up enough damage to kill it the other enemies i spawned killed me quite quickly.

It does really change the game around playing as the rouge because your trying to keep the skulls around and get them into the correct position however the 'match 3 gives nothing' is a rubbish minus to have.

BTW not sure if they have changed the leveling system as I was playing as a rouge yesterday and unlocked the priest class (I thought you had to be playing as adventurer to unlock any new classes , I'm only missing one now)
romanista wrote:
shouldn't this official topic start with a game centre list? i could really find that many forum gamecentre names... i'm Romanista345 ..

That is, I think, a very good point, as even in the new threadmaking climate it would perhaps be rather silly to start a completely different thread for a list of Gamecenter names. I suppose it's up to Rich or one of the other mods if they want to keep editing the original post, though. If not, I'll happily start a completely separate Gamecenter ID thread if needs be.
Ideally, we need to hassle Grim... into making room in the database. I'm happy to put it at the top of the thread though.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Ideally, we need to hassle Grim... into making room in the database. I'm happy to put it at the top of the thread though.

Rather than change the DB can you rename one item ?

From what I can see virtually no-one uses the Wii friend code , if you could rename that gamecentre we could use that ?

BTW Curio I had a good run earlier on 'normal' but just hit a bad set of new tiles , I was up to around 80 defence points and my base damage was about 45 but you really do need to be careful and you do get into a point where every move could be your last (I also unlocked the final class Elf / Ranger)

** edit - if you want to add mine I'm Zaphod79

And I didnt realise it gives out names rather than nic's by default (so on Dungeon Raid the scores show me as 4th behind <Curio's real name> / <Malablem's real name> / <Lave's real name>
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Cool! I am MalcSeventyFour.
I've added Malc74 and Romanista.

My tag is Malabar Front.
I am trooperlooper2, as I always am on every game thing ever :D
GC tag = blucey
I jut tried to add everyone on this list (and was adding Malc74 as he was adding me). However, it refused to accept the names trooperlooper2 and MalabarFront :shrug:
Mimi wrote:
I jut tried to add everyone on this list (and was adding Malc74 as he was adding me). However, it refused to accept the names trooperlooper2 and MalabarFront :shrug:

Oh, it might have a space in there. I can't quite tell on the GameCenter font :shrug:

It rejected trooperlooper2 for me, too.
Mimi wrote:

Yeah, I can't add Trooper either.
And I think it is indeed Malabar Front, as that's how it shows up on my friends list.
Trooper wrote:

I have Trooperlooper (without the 2) do I have the wrong person ?
zaphod79 wrote:
Trooper wrote:

I have Trooperlooper (without the 2) do I have the wrong person ?

Doh! No you have the right person, I am trooperlooper.

Wonder why I did that? I purposely use trooperlooper2 for everything these days, after Microsoft stole trooperlooper from me on xbox live a few years back :D
I am 'Chopley Turnip' - what does Game Center do then?
It mostly provides leaderboards and achievements. Occasionally, it backs up game data and populates fresh installs with it, and it's also now and then used for multiplayer.

I'm Craig Grannell, as you might expect (both on Game Center and in real life).
CraigGrannell wrote:
It mostly provides leaderboards and achievements. Occasionally, it backs up game data and populates fresh installs with it, and it's also now and then used for multiplayer.

I'm Craig Grannell, as you might expect (both on Game Center and in real life).

Unable to verify , is there maybe an underscore or some other character in there ?
Craig is without space ithink

Eskimimi, what's a spare Oom (your gc status). In dutch it would mean spare Uncle..
romanista wrote:

Eskimimi, what's a spare Oom (your gc status). In dutch it would mean spare Uncle..

It's from Narnia, the Land of Spare Oom (spare room)
That Openfeint thingy seems to be more prevalent than Game Center, does one require an account with both for full functionality and leaderboard shenanigans?
AtrocityExhibition wrote:
That Openfeint thingy seems to be more prevalent than Game Center, does one require an account with both for full functionality and leaderboard shenanigans?

Yep, but neither are any hassle.
I am trouserphone on both thingummy bobs.
Mr Russell wrote:
romanista wrote:

It's from Narnia, the Land of Spare Oom (spare room)

Yep, that's it.

Mr Tumnus misunderstands 'Spare Room' (where the wardrobe is kept) to be a land called Spare Oom.

It was just the first thing that cam into my head when I noticed the status window. I often set it as my location on things that will allow me to. That, or Button Moon, sometimes Wonderland.
romanista wrote:
Craig is without space ithin

Sorry, yes—I am 'CraigGrannell'. Apple were all out of spaces when I signed up to the service.
Weird how it asks for a nickname, and then shows real names in the list...

and i suppose you get a weird dutch/english mix when you get my friend request?

@mimi, thanks for explaining, although i do think you would be a good spare uncle for my kids, i'll call you when one of their uncles is on holiday ;)
romanista wrote:
Weird how it asks for a nickname, and then shows real names in the list...

and i suppose you get a weird dutch/english mix when you get my friend request?

@mimi, thanks for explaining, although i do think you would be a good spare uncle for my kids, i'll call you when one of their uncles is on holiday ;)

I shall keep my moustache in my purse just in case of emergencies.
So now I have the famous infinity blade. It's fruit ninja isn't it?

@mimi, should do. Both uncles resemble hercule poirot
Page 3 of 28 [ 1371 posts ]