Census
I thought the jedi bit was obvious...
sinister agent wrote:
Re: religion. Whose genius idea was it to include no subdivisions of, say, Islam, but even to lump all christian churches in together?

I agree. At the very least options to identity oneself as Roman Catholic or Anglican/Protestant would have been welcome.
I can sort of see their point on that one. If they just included the 'main' religions there would be howls of protest from all the lunatic sects which didn't get mentioned.
Alarm wrote:
I agree. At the very least options to identity oneself as Roman Catholic or Anglican/Protestant would have been welcome.

And are Mormons Christians?

(lights blue touch paper, runs)
Might get a better picture up here by just having Christian, there's no chance of mongs up here ticking Protestant/Catholic because they hate Catholics/Protestants/Celtic/Rangers/Neil Lennon/The Pope/The IRA/The UVF/Masons/Whateverthefuckotherirrelevantisgettingdraggedupthesedays and not because they are religious.

In other news I've still no got mine yet.
Kern wrote:
Alarm wrote:

And are Mormons Christians?

(lights blue touch paper, runs)

They would say they are. I would disagree.
The Jedi bit is important if silly. There are more Jedi's than Jews in the UK. 400k odd,
Was anyone else hoping that the answers to "what is your religion?" and "what is your job title?" bits would also be "Other (Cornish)"?
We got our form hand delivered and the man wrote the name of the head of the household on the top, they're coming this week to collect them. I believe everyones got hand delivered, from what others have said, so they should have no trouble fining people who don't fill them in over here!

As Ramsea proclaimed himself head of the household, I made him fill the form in. I should have checked it really, as god only knows what he's written in it....
Grim... wrote:
:)

Thought you'd like that ;)
Little Bobby Tables :)
Where's that from, Davpaz? I'd like to blog it.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Where's that from, Davpaz? I'd like to blog it.

Not too helpfully, it's from reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/com ... nsus_they/
Grim... wrote:
I thought the jedi bit was obvious...

I thought it was A TRAP!
Job title:
Scientist.
Briefly describe what you do:
Science.
Gilly wrote:
We filled ours out online at the back of eleven on the day they were due to be done.

Wild.
Bobbyaro wrote:
Job title:
Scientist.
Science.
Hel is a scientist by job title and point blank refused to do that (even without the trailing ! on SCIENCE), the spoilsport.

Whereas I put "Software engineer" and "Engineer software." Which isn't anywhere near as good, but is at least pleasingly symmetrical.
I put: IT Administrator
Administration of IT.
BikNorton wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
Job title:
Scientist.
Science.
Hel is a scientist by job title and point blank refused to do that (even without the trailing ! on SCIENCE), the spoilsport.

Whereas I put "Software engineer" and "Engineer software." Which isn't anywhere near as good, but is at least pleasingly symmetrical.

What else did they expect me to put in a 20 character box, FFS?
In ten years time I'll be putting:

Retired
Optimising laurel resting position
I will go for:

Risk Manager
Manage Risks

Though it would be tempting to put 'very little' for the second bit.
Curiosity wrote:
I will go for:

Airport Security Manager
Manage Frisks

Though it would be tempting to put 'very little' for the second bit.

FTFY
I had to put Darryl on ours.

Brief Description: Soldiering.

(I actually put 'Protecting the Empire' :P)
Title: Research admin person

Does: Bloody everything.
I wrote 'Awesome' in the bits I had to think about.
When I tried doing it online, the key code for it wouldn't work in Chrome. The second entry box would only allow 3 letters.
Nirejhenge wrote:
When I tried doing it online, the key code for it wouldn't work in Chrome. The second entry box would only allow 3 letters.

No problems on chrome here :)
I did mine on Chrome too.
I cut letters from potatoes and pressed them into the blood of a virgin crow before marking the paper. Except for the letter S. And I had to make my C onto an E as I was struggling with curves and ran out of spuds.
MaliA wrote:
I cut letters from potatoes and pressed them into the blood of a virgin crow before marking the paper. Except for the letter S. And I had to make my C onto an E as I was struggling with curves and ran out of spuds.

"and ran out of pud", surely?
Turns out Emily Davidson, the suffragette, was a mad vampire woman that lived in the Houses of Parliament crypt or something ;)

http://blog.findmypast.co.uk/2010/04/as ... nts-crypt/
We got too Census forms. One addressed to Flat 9F, one addressed to Flat F, 9-11.

Our address is flat 9F so I completed that form and sent it in. Other, not completed. May have been recycled. Have now had 3 chasers of increasing threat level for the 9-11 form. However, they always visit when we're at work. Looking forward to actually meeting them and explaining the very basic error being made here.
This will soon be a thing again!

What witty entry under "religion" will the Internet insist we enter this time round?

Except for viewers in Scotland.
It's just occurred to me that the stats on where people work and how they get there might be very different this time round due to the Event.
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
We got too Census forms. One addressed to Flat 9F, one addressed to Flat F, 9-11.

Our address is flat 9F so I completed that form and sent it in. Other, not completed. May have been recycled. Have now had 3 chasers of increasing threat level for the 9-11 form. However, they always visit when we're at work. Looking forward to actually meeting them and explaining the very basic error being made here.

Wow, Nelson Mandela House feels like æons ago.
Mrs Squirt has answered the call and is now an official Census Officer. Yesterday she drove to a Top Secret Secure Location ( a hotel conference room ) where she was issued with her badge, a super secure smartphone, her lanyard and her service revolver. She's now an Agent of Her Majesty, and is ready to drive arounf rural Somerset helping old people fill out their forms.
Squirt wrote:
Mrs Squirt has answered the call and is now an official Census Officer. Yesterday she drove to a Top Secret Secure Location ( a hotel conference room ) where she was issued with her badge, a super secure smartphone, her lanyard and her service revolver. She's now an Agent of Her Majesty, and is ready to drive arounf rural Somerset helping old people fill out their forms.

Does she have a License to Kill threaten with fine?
Squirt wrote:

Giphy "i'm doing my bit":
https://media3.giphy.com/media/jnKnVI7mORTROgPl9E/giphy-loop.mp4
Kern wrote:

What witty entry under "religion" will the Internet insist we enter this time round?

Warrior of Sunlight!
Giphy "grossly incandescent":
https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o7aCQTyoPLEVwVtZK/giphy-loop.mp4
Kern wrote:

Worshipper of Xunt! All hail Xunt, and bask in his endless mercy!
DavPaz wrote:
Squirt wrote:

She can deploy any force she deems necessary, up to and including "Stern Words".
Squirt wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Squirt wrote:

She can deploy any force she deems necessary, up to and including "Stern Words".

Blimey. Has she been trained for that?
She's been given a very informative pamphlet, and she's read most of it!
Just be careful what you say and do around her now.
Well, that was fun.
Enjoy making sense of it, future generations!
There was no non-binary gender option. I imagine a lot of people will be unhappy about that.
Page 3 of 4 [ 166 posts ]