Spring Forwards!
As it is now BST. So set everything an hour forward if it hasn't already.

http://www.greenwichmeantime.com

Note, Dimrill and pundabaya, that it wasn't really 0215, but 0115. We could have carried on our fruitless struggle for a while yet!
Bah! One hour closer to Monday :(
Great, one hour closer to home time.
MetalAngel wrote:
Note, Dimrill and pundabaya, that it wasn't really 0215, but 0115. We could have carried on our fruitless struggle for a while yet!

I realised this as I was going to bed. Hell's Bells was still awake and watching films.
And now I get up and it's 1115 and it SHOULD BE a more reasonable 1015. Grrr.
As I'm working both days this weekend, I got an hour less sleep between shifts and so had to get up at what would have been 4am this morning. And the shorter night meant pissheads were on the streets an hour later than normal and that I got attacked by a drunken nutter with a bottle while waiting for a bus this morning.

Thanks for that, British so-called Summer Time!!!!!1
I never turned my clock back in the autumn, so this is convenient.
So does the forum display the right time?

[edit]Bah!
I really, really hate BST.

I find it difficult enough getting to sleep as it is; going to bed when it's not even properly dark really is often the way to No Sleep That Night. Especially come May or June, when it then starts to get light again around three or four in the morning.

Fucking farmers.
And then in winter, it's pitch fucking black at 4pm.
I prefer it pitch black at 4pm if the trade off means I can regularly get more than three hours of uninterrupted sleep.
I hope at least someone has an amusing 'the time I forgot to set my clock back' story.
Despite actually living within spitting distance of Greenwich observatory, I forgot to put my clock forward last night. Decided to have a big lie-in until 11, and only realised that it's half twelve when I read this thread!

Not so bad for me, but worse for the girlfriend who told me to wake her up at half eleven because she needs to leave the house to go to work at one, and she has a bunch of stuff to do.

Oops.

I really should remember as it's pretty much always on the weekend closest to my birthday that this happens. It has led to some confusing times where a load of us have been sat together, hung over, on a Sunday wondering why there's an hour missing from what we can remember of the party chronology...
I hate BST.There's something lovely and cosy about it getting dark early.

*starts counting down the days until winter*
Mimi wrote:
I hope at least someone has an amusing 'the time I forgot to set my clock back' story.

Well, I just arrived at Morrisons 15 minutes after they closed because I went on a little car journey and used my car's clock for a time reference. Of course, I forgot to put it forward when I got in the car so it was telling me it was 15:15 when it was actually 16:15.

Fucking shops, closing early on Sundays. Forced me to go to the local convenience store (convenient for access, inconvenient on your wallet) and paid £5.44 for a cottage pie and carton of Tropicana.
Mimi wrote:

I put mine the wrong way at college once, had a fairly 'eventful' Saturday night, and then decided to have a leisurely Sunday. I got up around 1, was surprised to find the papers sold out in the local newsagent and that the local café (where I usually grabbed Sunday lunch) was closed. I went home and got mildly freaked out that all the wrong shows were on, before it dawned on me that I'd actually slept in until 3, rather than 1.

Clearly, lots of Welsh beer doesn't result in clock-altering abilities.

As for BST in general: YAY! Light evenings, during which to walk the dog. Slightly darker mornings for a while, which stops the birds being noisy bastards at 4am. Here's to seven months before the inevitable 'we should just stay on BST all year' arguments. (And, cue: Dudley!)
I like it being light when I get home from work, so I can see what new and exciting things have happened in my garden.
Craster wrote:
I like it being light when I get home from work, so I can see what new and exciting things have happened in my garden.

Show-off!
GazChap wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Well, I just arrived at Morrisons 15 minutes after they closed because I went on a little car journey and used my car's clock for a time reference. Of course, I forgot to put it forward when I got in the car so it was telling me it was 15:15 when it was actually 16:15.

Fucking shops, closing early on Sundays. Forced me to go to the local convenience store (convenient for access, inconvenient on your wallet) and paid £5.44 for a cottage pie and carton of Tropicana.

Blame religion.
Me and the lady friend were due to invite my mom and dad round for dinner. We were woken up with a phone call at 11 from my mom telling me it was now 12.

I didn't believe her.

.... What a rubbish story!
If the forum is displaying the wrong time (and this also applies to Johnny Foreigners who may be several hours out) visit this page and change the timezone or make sure that the 'Summertime is in effect' is 'on'.
BOO: I had to get up even earlier in the morning yesterday to haul my sorry self down to Brands Hatch for the opening round of the BTCC.

YAY: It'll still be light when I get home so I can wash all the mud off my car from parking at the aforementioned Brands Hatch.

Actually, that's really two BOOs really, isn't it?
As Mr Chris Junior Mk 1 had been deciding that 5.30 am was a swello time to awaken and get his dad in for some quality playing-with-blocks, I was muchly looking forward to the clocks going forward on the basis that I would get to sleep in until the frankly decadent hour of 6.30am.

Sadly, no. The little so and so's body clock has switched to BST and woke up at 5.30 again.
I think romanista jr thought we were switching to winter time, as he got up even earlier than usual
Man, kids need a reset button.

And pause. And mute.

No, not really.
Grim... wrote:
Yes, really.

I was worried that would make me sound uncaring. But actually yes, really. Pause, stop and mute, please.

People tell you how much hard work they're going to be, but no description can really quite match the reality.

5.30am again today, after a 2am pitstop. He's 15 months old, for chrissakes, and had, until two weeks ago, been sleeping through from 6pm to 7am.

I may have to build a summerhouse at the top of the garden and go sleep there.
Page 1 of 1 [ 27 posts ]