DIY? GTFO!
Looks ace. So nice of you to do all that just so the neighbours can hear your music properly.
No, just resting on. The same square rubber feet I used on the amp are on the resting edge of the speakers too. Secure enough, the bench is pretty weighty too.
markg wrote:
Looks ace. So nice of you to do all that just so the neighbours can hear your music properly.

Mr Gammon next door opens his patio doors to play his shite so fuck him anyway :D
DBSnappa wrote:
Top skillz Z

:this:
I saved my washing machine today by managing to fish out of the filters 4 hair bobbles, an elastic band and a piece of wood.

Oh how I laughed when I realised the hair bobbles and elastic bands were tangled beyond all comprehension.
Finished off the cabinets and put some lights in them too. They're practically empty so I've got loads more space to take up!!

Lego/sewing room is very nearly complete now, still waiting on a furniture delivery to take some more Lego storage but hopefully that will come in the next 10-14 days.

We built a huge table too (2m x 1.8m) knocked it up outside and took it apart for rebuilding inside. We added a shelf underneath for additional storage. The top and shelf were made in a joinery workshop because I wanted a single surface without any joints in it, it's just chipboard but has a nice furniture grade melamine on - much better than old Conti board!
Well now I want a Lego room.
Lego rooms for all
I just want some leg room.
Think of all the jackets I could think about making on that table!
It's more a sewing machine repair room at the moment... I got the old Singer that's on top of the cabinet off Facebook and did it up, and now I think I addicted to it. I bought 4 more sewing machines at the weekend, ranging from 1920 to 1954.
I love the lights under the table. :)
Just spent an hour building a little table out of scrap wood for the printer to rest on. Was looking ok. Then, to prove how strong it was, I stood on on it.

Yeah, it broke.
You did prove how strong it was though, if you had stood on it and it hadn't broken, you wouldn't have proved anything.
Good test.
Version 2 was less fancy. And I didn't stand on it
How strong is it?
Grim... wrote:
How strong is it?

Untested. But breaking point is greater than weight of my printer
DavPaz wrote:
Grim... wrote:
How strong is it?

Untested. But breaking point is greater than weight of my printer

Don't print tonnes then, it is the heaviest word I know
Trooper wrote:
You did prove how strong it was though, if you had stood on it and it hadn't broken, you wouldn't have proved anything.
Good test.

I mean technically he proved how strong it wasn't.
Identified an upper boundary at least, the new table is currently infinitely strong.
Trooper wrote:
Identified an upper boundary at least, the new table is currently infinitely strong.

Isn't everything infinitely strong, until it is not.
Schroedinger's Scrap Wood Table
It's like me, I'm immortal because I haven't died yet.
Grim... wrote:
It's like me, I'm immortal because I haven't died yet.

Exactly. Scientific theory in action.
Current state of second bathroom:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Current state of second bathroom:

I'm hoping to turn it the right way up by the end of the week.
...or the shit will hit the fan.
And I thought our bathroom looked rough 8)
I quite like doing bathrooms, it feels even more rewarding. Everyone loves a nicely done bathroom!

What are you putting back in there?
flis wrote:
I quite like doing bathrooms, it feels even more rewarding. Everyone loves a nicely done bathroom!

A Lego room.
flis wrote:

Shower cubicle down the end. Some kind of toilet and sink along the left (or bottom) wall.

That means the current soil pipe needs relocating, which is proving... fun.
Attachment:
20200723_133858.jpg
Ooh, she's proper buried. Is this ground floor?
That's a load-bearing shite tunnel.
DavPaz wrote:
Ooh, she's proper buried. Is this ground floor?

Upstairs.

This is in the extension, so for most of that there's nothing on the other side of the wall.

Where the water pipe disappears into the wall is (approximately) where the soil stack is, and there's another bathroom on the other side of the wall there.

Those bricks look like they were thrown in after the fact, so if I can get them out without the whole thing collapsing, I'm hoping that's enough access to resite the soil pipe, and do something about all those cold water feeds.

But, yes, I'll leave the rest of the pipe in there as it's probably holding most of the wall up.
Joans wrote:
so if I can get them out without the whole thing collapsing

Quoting for future reference
TheVision wrote:
flis wrote:

A Lego room.

He's already got one of those. :P
krazywookie wrote:

Insert joke here about the loads it has had to bear.
DavPaz wrote:
Joans wrote:

The next picture I post, you'll probably be able to see outside.
DavPaz wrote:
Joans wrote:

:DD
Joans wrote:
krazywookie wrote:

Your turds are massive
Er, yay?
Attachment:
20200723_141154.jpg
Mr Chonks wrote:
Joans wrote:
krazywookie wrote:

Your turds are massive

That'll do.
Do you have wall? Do you want not wall? I can not your wall! Walls, notted since 1986.
Sweet new door!

Well done!
MaliA wrote:
Sweet new door!

BA BA BAAAA
Behold! I've fitted a new plug (socket) today.

I've also fitted some new skirting board but you'll have to wait until it's dark to see that so you can't see the joins.
That’s a socket.
That's exactly what I said.
Page 37 of 53 [ 2615 posts ]