Rasslin'
Ciampa vs Gargano is supposed to be a legit Match of the Year candidate. Haven't seen it myself (yet).
Pundabaya wrote:
Cosmos vs Gargano is supposed to be a legit Match of the Year candidate. Haven't seen it myself (yet).

It was very good. Ridiculously hard striking in it. Not sure I would go as far as MotY candidate, but lots of people disagree with me.
Pro Tip : When attempting to hold up a petrol station, first ensure there are no WWE Wrestlers in the immediate area.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38320672
Speaking of wrestling... Does anyone still watch TNA?

Last week, TNA hosted Total Nonstop Deletion which was a sort of wrestling show filmed within the Hardys estate. It was weird.

It contained a bit of wrestling but mostly weird stuff involving Matt and Jeff Hardy. It was nicely filmed and I bet the cast and crew had a great time while doing it but it wasn't anything like a regular wrestling show.
Given the origins of this place, it is amusing to see WoS returning to television on New Year's Eve.

That's World of Sport, of course.

Yeah, British wrestling on ITV! 5pm on NYE.

Also, WWE have decided to crown a UK champion too. It's all kicking off.
I just read this and thought "I wonder if my old friend Dave Mastiff will be on this?" and there he is on the ITV page for it!

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week1 ... -wrestling

I say old friend, I haven't spoke to him in a few years but he's local to where I live so that's good enough for me.
Pretty cool that they've got Jim Ross on commentary.

Just a shame that a lot of the talent has been poached by WWE, but I'm sure there will be some good stuff there, and often in a different kind of style to the 'big league'.
I got a respectable score on the "WWE in the 90s" Celebrity Mastermind subject, so that was nice.
Cor, WWE entrances are pretty flat now without the fireworks and stuff. When did they stop that?
Sir Taxalot wrote:
Cor, WWE entrances are pretty flat now without the fireworks and stuff. When did they stop that?

They still have some for the big events.
Curiosity wrote:
Sir Taxalot wrote:

They still have some for the big events.

Like the PPVs?

I really think the entrances on the regular shows are lacking without the pyrotechnics. The lighting and animated projections (not sure how best to describe things like the patterns on the floor), and the ring posts/apron are neat and all, but lack that ooomph. Feels a bit like wrestling has got a bit lame.
New Japan Pro Wrestling has made Okada vs Omega 4 available for free, so if you've got an hour and a half to kill over the holidays:

click here

Notes: the commentary is in Japanese, it's a 2 out of 3 falls match, Japanese wrestling uses a 20 count when they're out of the ring. Kota Ibushi is Omega's cornerman, Gedo is Okada's. Omega represents the Bullet Club stable, Okada represents the Chaos stable (doesn't come up much, but in case you're wondering why those words pop up occasionally.
Has anyone else been watching the Vice Dark Side of the Ring series? I got around to watching the Bruiser Brody episode today and it was amazingly good. I've always viewed Tony Atlas as a bit of a joke due to other shoot interviews. No longer. Listening to the details from his own mouth made me coldly furious.
Anyone else enjoying All Elite Wrestling?

It's on ITV4 on Friday nights at 11pm and their B-show AEW Dark is on Youtube.

Well worth a watch, Chris Jericho, Jon Moxley (formerly Dean Ambrose), Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks and Cody and Dustin (Goldust) Rhodes are the 'big names' but theres a whole lot of other great guys and girls. Really good. Obviously its a bit weird at the moment, but still great.

Also features Good Ole JR, Taz and Tony Schiavone on commentary.
I've watched every episode so far and I love it.

I'm not sure I'll be able to get used to the empty arenas but that'll only be temporary... Hopefully.
Cody's really good on commentary though, I hope he continues to do a little when things are back to normal.
I think you'll find the star of the show is Vanguard 1.
Sugar Dunkerton was on AEW Dark, which immediately makes it worth watching.
I'm loving Orange Cassidy at the moment. His dive is amazing.
The arm drag he does with his hands in his pockets is just amazing. And his superman punch is 100x better than Roman's.
Double or Nothing last night was excellent, the Stadium Stampede was a 40 minute long work of loopy genius.
So far I've watched the first match which was good.. But not great. I struggle with there being no crowd and the fact it's the same arena as Dynamite.

Still, looking forward to the main event.
MJF versus Jungle Boy was awesome. I liked both the title matches too.

But the Stadium Stampede was indeed excellent.
Page 26 of 26 [ 1274 posts ]