Stick your thumb up
Zard-art
Hi folks

More pictures that you've probably already seen but I'd appreciate the clicks at the bottom, ta.

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Scary-Mo ... eps/897038

Need to do some new stuff now, good job I started something yesterday.
Thumb on. I love the middle one, I don't think we've seen that before.
What do the clicks do? Is it a competition?
Grim... wrote:
What do the clicks do?

Enough will get my stuff pushed to the front, hopefully.
Grim... wrote:
Is it a competition?
No, just for my ego.
Clicked... they're ace!
Clicked! I really like that Haunted House one.
I really like them. Very well done.

Makes me feel very uncreative, given the most artistic thing I've ever done was that robot costume last week.
I'd like Glooper as a poster or t-shirt.
Ratfink Cthulu is awesome!
That stuff is awesome... I would some of that as prints in my office
OK, I clicked, where's my £12?
Done - excellent stuff!
Done - pretty awesome by the way mate!

(I envy you right hemisphere types. I'd be lucky to come up with a stick man drawing under my own steam, let alone using any kind of technology beyond an HB pencil)
Thumb duly stuck up, Zardoz.
(The comma is important here)
Thanks for all the comments folks. :kiss:

I'll finding out some prices for poster prints/delivery if anyone's interested. Remembered an old work colleague works at a large format printers.
Captain Caveman wrote:
Done - pretty awesome by the way mate!

(I envy you right hemisphere types. I'd be lucky to come up with a stick man drawing under my own steam, let alone using any kind of technology beyond an HB pencil)

Heh, maybe if I had a little more left hemisphere I could make money from it. :)

I can only draw my porkers, fireworks and coke. :DD
I smell the opportunity to leverage some synergy here, with the formation of Zardoz-Caveman Inc. Cavey's left brain handles the cash and the business stuff, Zardoz's right brain knocks out the art, and everyone retires in 5 years time a multi-millionaire. Or it works the other way around, and I really don't want to think about what that could result in.
Zardoz wrote:
Hi folks

More pictures that you've probably already seen but I'd appreciate the clicks at the bottom, ta.

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Scary-Mo ... eps/897038

Need to do some new stuff now, good job I started something yesterday.

It's a great and wonderful collection, Zardoz.

I clicked the thumb for you :p
Squirt wrote:
I smell the opportunity to leverage some synergy here, with the formation of Zardoz-Caveman Inc. Cavey's left brain handles the cash and the business stuff, Zardoz's right brain knocks out the art, and everyone retires in 5 years time a multi-millionaire. Or it works the other way around, and I really don't want to think about what that could result in.

LLOL. Mind you, it could be a winner! :D
I'll need a company car up front, Cate.

What have you got?
Zardoz wrote:
I'll need a company car up front, Cate.

What have you got?

Sold.

Brings back memories that.
Zardoz wrote:
I'll finding out some prices for poster prints/delivery if anyone's interested. Remembered an old work colleague works at a large format printers.
Yeah. I've a wee soft spot for Glooper :)

Also, your redesign over at paint & pixel looks pretty smart.
Thanks and thanks mate.
Anyone *not* considering giving Zardoz money for art should look at my office wall.
Maybe you should give him money for plaster.
I'll do anything if the money's right.
Zardoz wrote:
I'll do anything if the money's right.

*PM Sent*

Bring a trowel
Oh, I thought you said towel.

*lets it drop to the floor*
The Nursery + Sidney Pic by MrDavPaz, on Flickr

Zardoz's handiwork, hanging in MiniPaz's nursery.
Is that by Zardoz?

Where can I view such things online? I didn't see it on your portfolio, Z.
I commissioned an original based on a toy that I've bought for the babbie. Z hasn't added it to his portfolio yet but he has my blessing to do so
That is brilliant!
I don't know why you didn't just settle for one of Z's older classics for the nursery wall...
Attachment:
25ed6aa09c.jpg
It's exactly the kind of picture needed for a nursery.
DavPaz wrote:
The Nursery + Sidney Pic by MrDavPaz, on Flickr

Zardoz's handiwork, hanging in MiniPaz's nursery.

That is most excellent, and has got me wondering about asking for a similar thing but with a different toy obv - there is a baby due in our family and it would make a lovely gift.
Thanks for the comments, and yeah, hadn't included it anywhere online myself as it wasn't personal work. I'll be adding to my own site soon along with some other new stuff.
Recently finished two paintings that are now on the lounge wall. I'd been snapping away as I'd been doing these (and everything since) so you can see what I did yet as I went along. I started out only with an idea in my head, and began straight away with acrylic paint on unprimed canvases without making any sketches.

Priming and background:

Underpainting of flowers:

Giving them more form:

Adding in some pattern/background elements:

Now, I should have taken a couple more shots of a few more stages here, but I didn't.

Doing loads of mad shit and coating the petals in washes of really thinned down paint to glaze it:

You all owe me £12.
Shit, I've plonked this in Snappa thread, not my last one. :DD

Mods can you stick this in the "Stick your thumb up" thread plz?
Those are bloody excellent, Z.
Thanks Malc, really enjoyed working on these.
You know, while I like the finished product, the first photo is the picture I'd like to have on my wall.
Thanks, I liked it too at that stage.

...and I have high res photos available of it for prints. ;)
Could have saved yourself a lot of time ;)
Troglodyte!

Stick your thumb up again if you don't mind.

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Troglodyte/1211589
Thumbed. What do I win?
Page 1 of 5 [ 202 posts ]