Alien and Aliens
I know people like this here.
So... What, it's not Aliens? ;(
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mr Christmassyfur wrote:
Weeell, I guess they figured "in space, nobody can hear you GNGH"
I used to be merely annoyed by this error (and it was one I used to make myself occasionally), but since writing for TUAW caused me to tighten up my written English it's now like nails on a chalkboard to me.

We have small storage boxes on a shelf at work, that have been labelled with things like "syringe's" and "needle's".

Someone was annoyed enough about it to angrily cross out the apostrophes. Not annoyed enough to go and get the label printer and redo them though.

I'm too lazy to change them.
Far as I can tell Prometheus tells about the story preceeding Alien, how the aliens eggs came to be n the derelict space ship on lv426. If it succeeds in doing that without too much cgi,I'll be chuffed,

It's got wetland yutani in it, its got the space jockey seat in it, it's got peoples abdomens expanding, what more do people want? I predict it will be awesome, and if not,still many shades better than cannon raping alien vs predator et al.
LaceSensor wrote:
still many shades better than cannon raping alien vs predator et al.

I don't remember any cannons being in AvP - maybe you were watching Pirates of the Caribbean by mistake?
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
The suggestion that this will stop people feeling cheated may be the most charmingly naive thing said on Brex since Kissyfur invented perpetual motion.

It's not going to stop people feeling cheated - that was my point ;)
myps pies wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mr Christmassyfur wrote:
I used to be merely annoyed by this error (and it was one I used to make myself occasionally), but since writing for TUAW caused me to tighten up my written English it's now like nails on a chalkboard to me.

If people can't get that right, what hope is there with less/fewer?

I could care fewer.
Mr Christmassyfur wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mr Christmassyfur wrote:

Oh, me toom.

Unusual charity shop finds #1 (in a series of 1):

Attachment:
IMAG0400.jpg

It's a 24" stretched canvas picture. £3!
Prometheus trailer today.
GovernmentYard wrote:
Prometheus trailer today.

Trailer

And Empire have done a scene by scene breakdown of the trailer

http://www.empireonline.com/features/pr ... breakdown/
That's the trailer for a prequel to Alien. It might not have many aliens in it but certainly has everything else.
Zardoz wrote:
myps pies wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mr Christmassyfur wrote:

If people can't get that right, what hope is there with less/fewer?

I could care fewer.

I couldn't care fewer.
\
Get away from her, you bitch!
The battletech Mad Cat/Timber Wolf is better.
Not as good as a P-wing.
In space, no-one can hear you squeak...
Looks more and more like a prequel to Alien to me, which is no bad thing.
That trailer should come with a massive spoiler warning, it's another 'too much info' trailer. Wish I'd not seen it now. But then I remember the Phantom Menace trailer was entirely awesome and I thought I knew what I was getting there, too.
GovernmentYard wrote:
That trailer should come with a massive spoiler warning, it's another 'too much info' trailer. Wish I'd not seen it now. But then I remember the Phantom Menace trailer was entirely awesome and I thought I knew what I was getting there, too.

I never watch trailers before I watch a film these days, far too many of them have a habit of pretty much condensing the entire film down into 2 minutes.
So, Prometheus is out at the start of June.

Beex Meet at the iMax, anyone?
Under 1 minute.

Impressive.
I'm definitely going to see it at the IMAX but after my last experience I want seats in the middle nearer the back as the screen is so bloody huge.

I'm on the mailing list for the BFI but there was nothing on the site a week or so ago, so I assume they'll start taking bookings about a month in advance or thereabouts.
Curiosity wrote:
So, Prometheus is out at the start of June.

Beex Meet at the iMax, anyone?

Stupid lack of free weekends.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog ... gs-learned

And I've not seen that video before, but I admit I've been busy so it may have been around for a while.

I know Scott can be a bit hit and miss but I don't think he's ever made a rubbish film so I'm starting to get increasingly excited about this.
I'm starting to get excited about Prometheus, I think I've sort of worked out the main plot thread but I can't wait to see this at the Cinema.

It really does look like the Sci-Fi Film of 2012
Got an email from the BFI IMAX this morning. They're accepting bookings for Prometheus.

Does someone want to book these, I'm in but don't possess a credit card so I'm not booking loads of tickets on my switch card and waiting for you lot to pay!
Should we work out a date, time and who is going?
I haven't checked all dates, but the opening weekend and the following weekend are pretty much booked insofar that there are few decent seats available.

So, if people can wait, I suggest midweek of the week starting 11 June unless there are decent seats available the week before. The IMAX is so large you need to be central and close to the back to fully appreciate the experience, I believe.
ive got my tix for manchester 00:01am friday 1st June

Major geek out - commence
I guess a lot of people will be avoiding the trailers now for spoilers but if your not - latest one below

Amazon have just dispatched to me a new copy of the Aliens Colonial Marines Technical Manual!

Two thoughts:

1) Yay, they're reprinting it! It's no longer deleted! It has a new cover!

2) Is this going to make my original manual worth more, or less?
GazChap wrote:
Amazon have just dispatched to me a new copy of the Aliens Colonial Marines Technical Manual!

Two thoughts:

1) Yay, they're reprinting it! It's no longer deleted! It has a new cover!

2) Is this going to make my original manual worth more, or less?

Less.

Is it the same apart from the cover?
Any of you ever been here?

http://www.hrgigermuseum.com/index2.php?option=visit

Work has a site close by, you go to Gruyères (which makes the cheese of the same name)

The place looks like something out of a fairy tale and at the end of the main street is the museum. It has quite large Aliens in Bronze on the side of the wall.

There is a bar oposite that looks just like the egg ship inside.

First time I went I didn't know it was there and we pissed the night away on some team building fondue and everything was closed when we found the museum and bar.
I'd utterly love to go there. Big Giger fan, me. The Tokyo Giger Bar has shut down now, but they used to have some of his Harkonnen chairs there that he designed for an unfilmed adaption of Dune.
Dimrill wrote:
I'd utterly love to go there. Big Giger fan, me. The Tokyo Giger Bar has shut down now, but they used to have some of his Harkonnen chairs there that he designed for an unfilmed adaption of Dune.

Ah thats what they were then! Never got to go into the bar, just looked through the window
Booked, first showing (in uber groovey 2D...3D can go shite) on Friday.
London folk (and not-so London folk, of course) - outing to the O2?
It's nearly time! I'm gonna see it in regular 2D because I'm a poor poor scrote.
WTB wrote:
It's nearly time! I'm gonna see it in regular 2D because I'm a sensible moviegoer.

FETEO
Grim... wrote:
London folk (and not-so London folk, of course) - outing to the O2?

If by O2 you mean iMax, then yes.
O2 Sky screen > Imax.
Craster wrote:
O2 Sky screen > Imax.

Really? Then yes. We could even get a cheeky steak first...
Dimrill wrote:
I'd utterly love to go there. Big Ginger Fan, me.

We know :luv:

I'm going to see this now, at Edinbourg. Yay.
Page 9 of 21 [ 1046 posts ]