Alien and Aliens
I know people like this here.
No, the Halo movie was cancelled.
I know there's a few alien fans here so I thought I would shamelessly plug my wares on eBay.

I'm selling some limited edition Facehugger beanies. They're proving quite popular so far so check them out here!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150560589756&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

If any forum members buy one, I'll send them recorded delivery at no extra cost. How does that sound?
I bought one about half an hour ago ;)
Slacker - I bought mine last night ;)

Where did you get them?
I did wonder whether you were the other buyer ;)
I'd have a Beanie John Hurt if you have any.
Grim... wrote:
Slacker - I bought mine last night ;)

Where did you get them?

I got them when I used to work at GAME I think. Something to do with the rep's that used to come in the store to promote games.

I also have a life sized plastic/flexi Facehugger but that's not for sale. Well, unless someone makes me a really good offer.
Should've charged more for Beanies. Suckers will pay much more
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
No, the Halo movie was cancelled.

Oh well done :DD
Ok, Here's the Alien Facehugger I have. It's massive.. as in, life sized.

I may be interested in selling it but the offer would have to be right. What do you think?

My Alien Facehugger

I'm sure it's right but its arms look properly weird, I never noticed they were just like elongated human fingers, with nails and everything.
Yeah, that's right enough.
I'd say the scale is wrong, especially on the fingers:

It's still fucking awesome though.
I've measured the fingers and they're about 20.5 cms. It seems about right to me (or as close as anyway)
What offers have you had PMed then?
Zardoz wrote:
What offers have you had PMed then?

Let me check... Hmmm... The first offer is from a Mr Zardoz who pledges £350 and a Wavebird.

Deal! :D

Seriously... my inbox must be broken. I'll check again in a second.
TheVision wrote:
I've measured the fingers and they're about 20.5 cms. It seems about right to me (or as close as anyway)

Yeah, I was more on about the distance between the knuckles.

Is it posable? By which I mean, of course, is can you wrap it around your head?
Grim... wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Yeah, I was more on about the distance between the knuckles.

Is it posable? By which I mean, of course, is can you wrap it around your head?

It's a little stiff to do that I reckon. Even though it's made of soft, bendy plastic... I wouldn't want it to break.
Is it big and bendy enough to stick one of the fingers up your bum and wrap the tail around your throat? Can you take some more pictures?
Zardoz wrote:
Is it big and bendy enough to stick one of the fingers up your bum and wrap the tail around your throat? Can you take some more pictures?

But not of you demonstrating the above pose, please.
Don't listen to him. I have cash waiting.
I got the Blu Ray Anthology of these the other day. Not watched any yet as my nephew is coming up next week, he's never seen any of them so I thought we'd sit down and watch them over a few evenings. I'm quite jealous of someone getting to see them for the first time but I also wonder if they'll have lost any of their impact by having had so much of the stuff in them so tirelessly ripped off by games and other films over the years.
I'm sure they're still awesome to fresh eyes. Just let him know it's where a lot of other stuff got there ideas from. And it's all based on fear of cock.
I'm quite interested to see what he makes of them as he's just the sort of age we were when we first saw them. I reckon he'll shit bricks at the chestburster :DD
markg wrote:
I'm quite interested to see what he makes of them as he's just the sort of age we were when we first saw them. I reckon he'll shit bricks at the chestburster :DD

I never felt scared by the films even as a kid. I just felt like they were the coolest thing I'd ever seen.
Blucey wrote:
markg wrote:

I never felt scared by the films even as a kid. I just felt like they were the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

Not having nightmares sort of scared, but I do remember that scene as being fairly shocking.
The only thing about them that scared me as a nipper was the fingers of the alien wrapping around the door during the initial escape attempt in Aliens. For some reason that seriously shit me up.
What versions should we watch? The set seems to have original version and director's cut of Alien and original versions and special editions of all the others.
Original, Special Edition, Special Edition.
You think it would ruin things a bit to show Alien Resurrection?
No, but Sunshine and Event Horizon are better.

The second "Subliminal Frame" bit on Sunshine is one of the best movie moments ever, I reckon.
Alien Directors Cut
Aliens Normal (then the SE after, as I agree with some that seeing what happens to Newts parents ruins some of the tension)
Alien 3 and Res - either, not a lot in them to be honest imo. Probably the SEs.
LaceSensor wrote:
Aliens Normal (then the SE after, as I agree with some that seeing what happens to Newts parents ruins some of the tension)

If you just cut the bit about Ripley's daughter and the sentry guns into the normal film, that's be perfect. And Hicks listing off the weapons they have.

LaceSensor wrote:
Alien 3 and Res - either, not a lot in them to be honest imo.

:o
The Directors Cut (which I think is the special edition) of Alien³ is a much better film!
Grim... wrote:
And Hicks listing off the weapons they have.

Hudson, sir. He's Hicks.

(assuming you mean the bit in the APC with the "knives, sharp sticks!", and not the bit after the dropship crash where they're salvaging from the APC wreckage)

Quote:
The Directors Cut (which I think is the special edition) of Alien³ is a much better film!

Yes, it is. So much so that I almost can't bring myself to watch the theatrical cut of Alien³ any more.
GazChap wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Hudson, sir. He's Hicks.

o/
Get a room dropship.
Grim... wrote:
GazChap wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Hudson, sir. He's Hicks.

o/

What does that smiley actually mean?
Hi5, innit. It's a man with his hand up. Either that you have said something at the same time as someone else, or you've set something up and someone else picked up on it.
I swapped Hicks and Hudson over near the start of the thread but no-one noticed.

This is the DavPaz version:

O/
I havent watched Alien3 theatrical in a while...ok SE it is.

Agree on the Aliens DC, there was loads of cool bits that were absolutely fine to cut in, but seeing the Jordans demise, even though you know its gonna happen, takes away something, particularly for a first time viewer. If they love the movie, by all means watch the DC again later, but I feel the original should be watched first.
Grim... wrote:
This is the DavPaz version:

O/

:DD

What was the subliminal frame in Sunshine you referred to? Been a while since I saw it.
The final third of Sushine was the most disappointing thing I've seen since Dizzy's knockers in Starship Troopers. It was just so...generic.
Craster wrote:
The final third of Sushine was the most disappointing thing I've seen since Dizzy's knockers in Starship Troopers. It was just so...generic.

:this:

Before that it's amazing!
Sunshine was beautiful until the shitty slasher movie bit at the end.

Event HLOLrizon mer like.

Alien Resurrection is good.
Craster wrote:

Agree. You know what it reminded me of? The last third of Adaptation, the Charlie Kaufman film, where he lets his alter ego right the ending and it turns into car chases and shoot outs.

"How shall we finish this cool, stunning, though provoking sci-fi masterpiece?"
"Jump scares and air vent chase?"
"Sorted. Lunch?"
This is true. It's more like the final 1/5th, though.

Subliminal frames:
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
When they board the Icarus 1, you get little flashes of the old crew in happy "about to set off" pictures, and it works fantastically well.
When, er, Physicist Bloke is asking Icarus 2 about the number of people on board, you get frames of the light monster thing. It's superb.

And then it stops being superb, and become average. It's not a bad ending in general, but compared to the rest of the film, it is.
DavPaz wrote:
Agree. You know what it reminded me of? The last third of Adaptation, the Charlie Kaufman film, where he lets his alter ego right the ending and it turns into car chases and shoot outs.
You know that's a deliberate piss-take of tacked-on Hollywood endings, right?
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
You know that's a deliberate piss-take of tacked-on Hollywood endings, right?

Yup. Otherwise the film kinda makes no sense, innit.
Page 6 of 21 [ 1046 posts ]