BITS AND BOBS 26
Hapless old tosser B&B shocker
oh oh

*does happy dance*

:)

Glad it is going well though...
*cough* ScumWars *cough* mod *cough*
Gang members could be banned from wearing distinctive colours or entering rival territory under new powers coming into force today.
:DD Do the powers that be think we live in LA or something?
It's really scary when they start dancing.
Still without internet. But a decision has been made on my case. I'll find out within a week if I'm allowed to stay in Sweden.
Wullie wrote:
Gang members could be banned from wearing distinctive colours or entering rival territory under new powers coming into force today.
:DD Do the powers that be think we live in LA or something?

So they can only wear Mauve, puece and teal?
nickachu wrote:
Still without internet. But a decision has been made on my case. I'll find out within a week if I'm allowed to stay in Sweden.

You're not in trouble over the internet thing are you?

Anyway, pls post more updates (when you can) on your adventures in Sweden.

Sick of snow yet? I bet you are.
Kern wrote:
Aye, it's not so much the dancing & weapon displays that scare me though, it's more the threats of violence from MaliA when I start laughing ;)
Good luck Nick, I hope everything works out well. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Nikachu's in Sweden?!

On a serious note though I hope your case review goes as you want it to.
No internet trouble. Just if we want it we've gotta pay for it... crazy I know.
I have a job as a dish monkey in an Italian restaurant. The snow is melting a bit at the moment, but apparently February is going to be mega cold. Snow I'd fun. Sweden is fun.
Best of luck Nickachu!
Wullie wrote:
Kern wrote:
Aye, it's not so much the dancing & weapon displays that scare me though, it's more the threats of violence from MaliA when I start laughing ;)

"A Mouse lived in a windmill" is the start of my mating ritual....
There's something wonderfully GK Chesteron-esque about this scare story in the Mail today:

Quote:
300 anarchists held secret meeting in Manchester to plot disruption
Anarchists are plotting to cause chaos at the Royal Wedding with smoke bombs, roadblocks and diversions on the big day.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... locks.html
Not very secret that secret meeting, was it?
Zardoz wrote:
Not very secret that secret meeting, was it?

The man who was Thursday wrote:
"Originally, of course, we met in a cell underground, just as your branch does. Then Sunday made us take a private room at an ordinary restaurant. He said that if you didn't seem to be hiding nobody hunted you out. Well, he is the only man on earth, I know; but sometimes I really think that his huge brain is going a little mad in its old age. For now we flaunt ourselves before the public. We have our breakfast on a balcony -- on a balcony, if you please -- overlooking Leicester Square."
"And what do the people say?" asked Syme.
"It's quite simple what they say," answered his guide.
"They say we are a lot of jolly gentlemen who pretend they are anarchists."
nickachu wrote:
No internet trouble. Just if we want it we've gotta pay for it... crazy I know.
I have a job as a dish monkey in an Italian restaurant. The snow is melting a bit at the moment, but apparently February is going to be mega cold. Snow I'd fun. Sweden is fun.

So what is the case for, is it to receive a visa or something?
nickachu wrote:

You need to take a leaf out of Nervous Pete's book. Stories, dammit! Elaboration, details which evoke the surroundings and people. Flights of whimsy referring to their unaccustomed ways!

Also: pictures of your girlfriend pls.
Are the streets paved with pickled fish?
Sweden is full of shivering 6ft blondes who smell of fish, right?
If it isn't and it turns out to be just like the UK but a bit different, I am disappoint.
Someone posted this screenshot from Fox news on Twitter yesterday.
Attachment:
x2_45e63d1.jpeg

If it's real, and it seems to be, then it's an inexcusable display of ignorance on their part.
Aren't Sweden in the EU?

Surely you have every right to be there.
Maybe they were being metaphorical, in that Egypt 'stands between' Israel and the Arab world

No, you're right, they're idiots.
DavPaz wrote:
Maybe they were being metaphorical, in that Egypt 'stands between' Israel and the Arab world

No, you're right, they're idiots.

That's from 2005, I think.

EDIT: 2009 according to Pliskken.
They renamed Iraq Egypt last week to confuse the Iranians.
You'd think, of all the countries they could have got wrong, they would know by now where Iraq is!
I saw that one Wullie. Apparently the teachers didn't believe he'd fallen all that way until they saw his belongings strewn in a line down the cliff behind him.

Lucky guy.
Mr Russell wrote:
Apparently the teachers didn't believe he'd fallen all that way...
That's no how you spell teuchters :DD
Mimi wrote:
Attachment:
x2_45e63d1.jpeg

Gates is secy.

But then again, so is Myleene Klass.
I just read the comments and now have to be sick.
Wullie wrote:
That's no how you spell teuchters :DD

Stupid phone. How you get that from 'rescuers' is stupid.
MaliA wrote:
[url="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1350976/Offside-Tailgate-pest-sends-woman-driver-edge.html"]Oh, my[/url]

You sent me to the Daily Mail site you cunt.

Fuck off with drivel stories and propaganda and popups to install your paid for app. Stupid Daily Mail.
I found out my girlfriend reads the Daily Mail.... I nearly dumped her, she has stopped... :)

edit:not dumped but disappointed
Only just seen this.

Quote:
The Dreamcast Collection includes the fan favourites Sonic Adventure™, Crazy Taxi™, SEGA Bass Fishing™ and Space Channel 5™: Part 2.

Hopefully it'll lead to more Dreamcast re-releases, although I suppose hoping for Seaman might be a bit too optimistic.

Also on the subject of Sega, I notice that Steam has Mega Drive Classics 4. Obviously you could just emulate it all but there are some bloody good games in there - Alien Soldier, Gunstar Heroes, Landstalker, Light Crusader, all three 'Shining' games, Streets of Rage 1 & 2 (although 3 would have been nice) and Wonder Boy III:Monster Lair. All for £5.50.
devilman wrote:
Only just seen this.

Quote:
The Dreamcast Collection includes the fan favourites Sonic Adventure™, Crazy Taxi™, SEGA Bass Fishing™ and Space Channel 5™: Part 2.

Hopefully it'll lead to more Dreamcast re-releases, although I suppose hoping for Seaman might be a bit too optimistic.

Jet Set Radio !!!
Oh dear...
Still, NHS dentist! Woo!
Typos/poor spelling and clip art are two things that you should always check for before choosing a dentist. If they spent all their time learning how to spell or making graphics then they'd have no time to learn proper dentistering.
Right, so I *may* have mentioned that I don't really like the place I'm working at. Well, I've just had a telephone call offering me an interview at another place just down the road, doing a more interesting job for more money!

Thing is, I was employed on a 12-month contract here, of which I am only 6-months in. That said, they've always talked about keeping me on here and the contract they actually gave me mentioned nothing about being for a fixed 12-month term. My HR Advisor newly ex-girlfriend went over it for me, and as far as she could see, it was actually a permanent contract they'd sent me with a 4-week notice period attached, should I resign.

So... does that mean if I get offered this job, I can just quit? They can't do anything to try and make me stay the full 12 months can they?
Zio wrote:
Right, so I *may* have mentioned that I don't really like the place I'm working at. Well, I've just had a telephone call offering me an interview at another place just down the road, doing a more interesting job for more money!

Thing is, I was employed on a 12-month contract here, of which I am only 6-months in. That said, they've always talked about keeping me on here and the contract they actually gave me mentioned nothing about being for a fixed 12-month term. My HR Advisor newly ex-girlfriend went over it for me, and as far as she could see, it was actually a permanent contract they'd sent me with a 4-week notice period attached, should I resign.

So... does that mean if I get offered this job, I can just quit? They can't do anything to try and make me stay the full 12 months can they?

It would be hard to say without seeing it, but I'm sure there is something that says something along the lines of: "If you are treated like a normal employee, then contract be damned you are considered in the eyes of the law to be a normal employee"

I don't know if that would apply to you though.

Malc
I used to always work on fixed term contracts when I worked at the power station and I could leave early despite being employed specifically for a very particular timeframe as long as I submitted the correct amount of notice.
Sorry to hear about your girlfriend, but hopefully this'll give you some time to figure out what you want :kiss:
gospvg wrote:
devilman wrote:
Only just seen this.

Quote:

Jet Set Radio !!!

I was never much for that. Shenmue I & II would be great though.
You'll be fine, if your contract states a notice period then you should stick to that, but in practice they are impossible to enforce.
Another meeting today. A noise was made by someone's mouth. It sounded exactly like "synergised". Exactly the same insinuations were trotted out yet again. I pointed out that they were bollocks yet again. I pointed out once again that I'm the only one who knows what oes on, and want to train other people so that this is no longer true. This was politely brushed aside again. Somehow the fact that for a year I've been singlehandedly doing the work of what should be a department was used as a point not in my favour, but as a veiled criticism.

I officially do not give a fuck anymore.
Yes it is EU, but to do anything, pay taxes, open bank accounts you need a national insurance number. Which is what I'll hopefully get.
Zio wrote:

Can't help you with the contract stuff, but go for it, chap.
sinister agent wrote:
A noise was made by someone's mouth. It sounded exactly like "synergised".

At my old place, I was forced to give the Technical Ops Manager a dressing down for using the phrase "touch base" in a meeting. He hadn't realised he'd said it, and looked utterly horrified when I was able to bring witnesses forward.

Also, adding to my previous post - I'd work the 4-week notice period, obviously. I even told the chap on the phone that I'd have to give 4 weeks notice. I was just worrying I could be sued for breach of contract or something for leaving before the 12 months are up.
Legality aside, I can't imagine any benefit to an employer in forcing an employee to work their full notice period against their will, especially if they already have a new offer and so can simply spend four weeks stealing office supplies and flicking paper darts at Neil in accounting until he flips out and puts his head through the wall.

Sure, it may be considered bad form to just leave, but if your new employer doesn't mind, well, whatever really.
devilman wrote:
gospvg wrote:
devilman wrote:
Only just seen this.

Quote:

Jet Set Radio !!!

I was never much for that. Shenmue I & II would be great though.

And III.

I can dream
Page 50 of 60 [ 2981 posts ]