The 'Yay!' thread
post about good things
TheVision wrote:
I had a last minute job come in on Thursday for Friday. I couldn't do it as I was at EGX but I managed to convince them to do it over the weekend instead. I've just finished it and put the invoice in so that's covered the mini Pac-man arcade machine I bought during EGX and more! Brilliant. It's like free money!

Nice!
Today I went to the first same sex wedding I've ever been to. My cousin Mark married a lovely guy called Paul. It was fantastic. They had a steel drum band, and they handed out percussion instruments to us and got us all involved. Brilliant, one of the best days ever.
JohnCoffey wrote:
Today I went to the first same sex wedding I've ever been to. My cousin Mark married a lovely guy called Paul. It was fantastic. They had a steel drum band, and they handed out percussion instruments to us and got us all involved. Brilliant, one of the best days ever.

:luv:
Gaywood and I, entirely by accident, saw the very first same sex wedding in the UK.
That's two things off my bucket list this year. Same sex wedding, and ride a concrete skate bowl. Has been a fantastic year all told.

Last year was minging in comparison. Lost my uncle to cancer, an aunt to old age and split up with my wife. Having said that the latter was definitely for the best. Two people suffering from major depression does not a good mix make.
Grim... wrote:
Gaywood and I, entirely by accident, saw the very first same sex wedding in the UK.

Oh! I totally forgot about that!
Grim... wrote:

More details pls?
We were out drinking, and left the bar a bit after midnight. As we were walking to the tube the couple was coming out of the venue for photos, having got hitched at the stroke of midnight.

Stephen Fry was there, too.
Wasn’t there a couple of news crews as well?
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Wasn’t there a couple of news crews as well?

Yeah, think so.
I’ve had a 4K TV for all of thirty minutes and now you can give me HDR or you can give me death.
Who gets to choose?
Everyone! Meet Mack. He lives with us now. He is a retired racer, almost three years old. We brought him home yesterday, and he has been amazingly well behaved so far, especially considering he's almost certainly never been in a house before. He thinks stairs are very weird (won't go up or down them; looks at you as if to say "WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU COME FROM, ARE YOU A WIZARD" when you walk down them.) He is also highly disturbed by TVs.

Here is his racing record, he raced under the rather excellent name Mustang Elite: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?whobeat ... 2uC2YpAaMY
Aww. He's awesome! I love greyhounds and whippets, they're always just so gentle and quiet. In fact I'm not sure I ever even saw one bark.
markg wrote:
Aww. He's awesome! I love greyhounds and whippets, they're always just so gentle and quiet. In fact I'm not sure I ever even saw one bark.

They "boof"
He looks a very handsome and happy fellow. I wish you both many happy years with him!
How was he over his first night, did he settle okay?

I have actually had my contract mapped over and back dated. With a 10% pay rise! Get in. :)
He looks a bit like the dog from Coco, but with less pointy ears. He is the cutest. Hello Mack!

Give you joy of the new family member, Doc! xx
Yay doggy !

Only took me 8 years to frame it :D
That reminds me.. I bought 60+ gaming posters, A2 and A3 size on eBay. Seemed a good idea at the time, but now I've got to decide what the hell I'm going to do with them as selling them on my site is going to mean some hefty postage charges for someone due to postal tubs counting as Medium Parcel
Get any good ones?
Grim... wrote:
Get any good ones?

To be honest, I've not even looked at most of them as they're a bugger to get back into the tubes. Also, I was wrong - they're A1 and A2. Here's the eBay description -

Quote:
A1 Posters

MAD MAX, DYING LIGHT, MORTAL KOMBAT X, FINAL FANTASY XII, MARVEL AVENGERS LEGO, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS

A2 Posters

CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS 4, POKEMON ULTRA SUN AND MOON, LA NOIRE, FAR CRY 5, SLEEPING DOGS, STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT, FINAL FANTASY XIV, KINGDOM HEARTS BIRTH BY SLEEP, WATCHDOGS, DEATH SMILES, MARIO PARTY 10, DESTINY, DESTINY 2, DESTINY DLC, FINAL FANTASY XIII, THE LAST OF US, THE BEREAU, BEYOND TWO SOULS, ZOMBIE ARMY TRILOGY, GOD OF WAR COLLECTION, UNCHARTED 4, BATTLEFIELD 1, MIRROR'S EDGE CATALYST, CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE REMASTER, DEADPOOL, GRAND THEFT AUTO V, ASSASSIN'S CREED BLACK FLAG, FINAL FANTASY XV, GHOSTBUSTERS, NO MAN'S SKY, CALL OF DUTY INFINITE WARFARE, UNCHARTED 3, DEFIANCE, KANE AND LYNCH, DEADLY PREMONITION, TOMB RAIDER, ARMY OF TWO, SAINTS ROW 3, BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE, CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS, GEARS OF WAR JUDGMENT, RAINBOW SIX SIEGE, JOJOS BIZARRE ADVENTURE, PLANTS VS ZOMBIES GARDEN WARFARE 2, STREET FIGHTER V, THE ORDER 1886, THE EVIL WITHIN, FAR CRY 4, EVOLVE, BORDERLANDS PRE SEQUEL, THE DIVISION, BATTLEBORN, OVERWATCH, INFINITE UNDISCOVERY.
Stick them up as a job lot on eBay, some idiot will buy them ;)
Trooper wrote:
Stick them up as a job lot on eBay, some idiot will buy them ;)

What a great i.. hey wait :D
Ooh, I fancy an Avengers Lego one! Can collect. :P
Hey Mack! Aw he’s a beaut.
I'd take the Last of Us, SF5 and Star Wars Battlefront ones of your hands.
Interested in Final Fantasy Tactics.

Depending what it looks like :)
I should have just sent a tube's worth of posters to the cottage.. would have been easier that way. :D

All the posters are spread across five tubes, so it's a pain in the arse to look for an individual one, but I'll have a nose when I have time.

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Ooh, I fancy an Avengers Lego one! Can collect. :P

Actually, that was one of the few that I looked at..
Attachment:
IMG_20181102_092141.jpg

double-sided too (excuse the pikachus and skull.. first things to hand)
Place accepted for BigOne into School Two. Which had a place all along, we just were not told. Good job we were having a social chat with a governor about it all last night, too.
There’s a chap at work who had been off with Leukemia for about 8 or 9 months, and a couple of times it wasn’t looking at all promising.

Today he returned.
Oh, that's a great yay :metul:
That is good news..
Joans and I have been together for 10 years today!

We're celebrating by fitting a kitchen, ordering Indian food, drinking red wine and watching a film (to be decided, potentially Leatherface).

Just over 10 years since Shunt!
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

We're celebrating by fitting a kitchen, ordering Indian food, drinking red wine and watching a film (to be decided, potentially Leatherface).

Ten years since my last NYE party then too!
Lonewolves wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Yup! Was that the one where Zardoz was playing dance music till 4am?
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Lying on the kitchen floor with his legs up on a chair. Gaywood had to come and shout at him I think.
Lonewolves wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Lying on the kitchen floor with his legs up on a chair. Gaywood had to come and shout at him I think.

That was your birthday, wasn't it?
Some say he's never stopped shouting since.
Joans wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

That was your birthday, wasn't it?

Maybe! We had so many ridiculous nights around ten years ago.

Then they stopped for some reason.
It wasn’t NYE, it was your birthday.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Aww :luv: happy anniversary guys :luv: :luv:
OOOh happy anniversary... potential beex wedding?
Thanks Jem. :)

KovacsC wrote:
OOOh happy anniversary... potential beex wedding?

No, but I did get diamond EARrings. :luv:
Page 191 of 206 [ 10273 posts ]