The 'Yay!' thread
post about good things
Ange wrote:
We ordered our sexy new kitchen yesterday.

Looking forward to sleeping in it.
markg wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
I can confirm that new kitchens are awesome. I still look at ours and marvel at the difference it makes to the house.

Also: Heating.

Yeah we got a new boiler last year, also have a new kitchen inbound. Not looking forward to transforming the house into a building site again, though.

:this:

We had a boiler fitted in June and were advised there's only one thing worse than having said boiler fitted and that's having a kitchen fitted. Oh well, in for a penny in for a pound!
This little Android phone is brilliant. Much better than I expected for a freebie* :metul:

*Well I didn't pay up front fro it.
Zardoz wrote:
Ange wrote:

Looking forward to sleeping in it.

I'm trying to talk Myp into having lino instead of tiles so it's not as cold for you to sleep on x
Zardoz wrote:
This little Android phone is brilliant. Much better than I expected for a freebie* :metul:

*Well I didn't pay up front fro it.

*cough*Wordfeud*cough*
Ange wrote:
We had a boiler fitted in June and were advised there's only one thing worse than having said boiler fitted and that's having a kitchen fitted. Oh well, in for a penny in for a pound!

I had my house smashed up, walls knocked down, and a new kitchen and boiler fitted - you'll be fine :0)
Ange wrote:
kalmar wrote:
Yay indeed! Are you going for the umm, pink colour for the walls?

Yep. It's more dark pink/purple though. And I'm only painting 2 walls that colour which will mostly be covered by cabinets so it's not going to be too "in your face". And if I can't have a bit of a crazy coloured wall thing in my otherwise very sensible kitchen (black work tops, white units & grey slate flooring) when I'm still in my 20s when can I?

I heartily approve :)
Ange wrote:
markg wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
I can confirm that new kitchens are awesome. I still look at ours and marvel at the difference it makes to the house.

Also: Heating.

Yeah we got a new boiler last year, also have a new kitchen inbound. Not looking forward to transforming the house into a building site again, though.

:this:

I guess it helps if you have competent workmen who tidy up after themselves and just generally know what they're doing. Unfortunately for us I'm going to be fitting our kitchen.
Zardoz wrote:
Ange wrote:

Looking forward to sleeping with it.

FTFY.
My application for early retirement has been approved at the first stage. The odds on my being released in January have improved many fold. Not sure when I'll hear about stage 2 approval, but it should be before the end of November.
Craster wrote:
Ange wrote:
I had my house smashed up, walls knocked down, and a new kitchen and boiler fitted - you'll be fine :0)
Minecraft doesn't count.
Work starts Monday.

Yay!
Yay!
What are you doing?
Testing/Developing software for an actuarial firm.

Aside from that vagueness, I'm not quite sure. I'll find out more on Monday.
Wow, an actual firm!
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Darryl has had his start date for the army today, 2nd Feb next year. It's been a long time coming so Yay, but :S at the same time.

Jolly good stuff!
Good luck, Dave. That's great news! :)
Mr Dave wrote:
Work starts Monday.

Yay!

Nice one Dave. Really chuffed for you mate.
Grim... wrote:
Yay!
What are you doing?

Your M...

We need a new Dimlie. I miss Dimrill.
Mr Dave wrote:
Work starts Monday.

Yay!

Ace.
Oh and congrats to Daryl too, GJ!
Congrats, Mr. Dave! I thought I had also posted congrats for Daryl, but evidently I didn't - so belated congrats for him too!
Mr Dave wrote:
Work starts Monday.

Yay!

Congrats! :D
Congraturations Dave, and the goodest of luckness to you.
Congratulations to Mr Dave and Daryl and fingers crossed for Warhead!
I got a rug in the post all the way from Afghanistan! Yay!
Yay for jobs and start dates!

Yay for rugs! It seems to really hold the room together.
Nice design art too.
Just looked down at the rug and realised it's upside down. :facepalm:
Thanks guys, well done Dave, that's brilliant news. :)
Anonymous X wrote:

Doh!
Anonymous X wrote:

Pubic wig faux pas.
Warhead wrote:
My application for early retirement has been approved at the first stage. The odds on my being released in January have improved many fold. Not sure when I'll hear about stage 2 approval, but it should be before the end of November.

Good luck Warhead, hope you get the result you want. :)
Anonymous X wrote:

That's not a rug, it's about the size of a hanky isn't it? Was it wrapping 5kg of uncut horse?
DBSnappa wrote:
Anonymous X wrote:

That's not a rug, it's about the size of a hanky isn't it? Was it wrapping 5kg of uncut horse?

Yeah, it's pretty tiny. I donated some stuff to my pal (a US soldier) and he sent me the rug as a little thank-you prezzie. It's the thought that counts. :)
Anonymous X wrote:

Hello! Do you speak English? Parla usted Inglese? I'll say it again usted Inglese? I'll say it again. Did I urinate on your rug?
My girlfriend has joined the ranks of those who have received a tax rebate. nearly £500. Hurrah! or indeed Yay!

Malc
Brilliant! Tax rebates sound like fun.
^^ Heh. Well I suppose I asked for it, plus it's true.

(Edit: @ A-X's sig, obv.)
Database switchover went through in about 0.001 seconds and seems to have been completed fine.

It would appear that I've justified my offensive salary, for today at least.
Just had an email from our HR people - my application for early retirement has been approved. Formal offer should be in the post tonight and I'll be out of here on 31 Jan.
Excellent. What do you have planned for your retirement?
Congrats!

That was what you wanted, so you didn't loose a chunk of the payout?
Congrats, Warhead!

I have handed my notice in. Yay! I am free of shitty job and going to be working at a nice place in a non-moneygrubbing role again!

However, when asked "are there any lessons to be learned for us in this, meaning is there anything we've done which is causing you to leave?" I refrained from spending an hour explaining at length why they are such a bunch of shitty, cuntfaced wankers and just said "no, it's a case of moving to a job not moving from one" and left it at that. Life's too short.
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
However, when asked "are there any lessons to be learned for us in this, meaning is there anything we've done which is causing you to leave?" I refrained from spending an hour explaining at length why they are such a bunch of shitty, cuntfaced wankers and just said "no, it's a case of moving to a job not moving from one" and left it at that. Life's too short.

Poof
markg wrote:
Excellent. What do you have planned for your retirement?

Luckily, I have another job lined up in the private sector as I can't actually afford to stop working and dick around. All the bits of my jigsaw seem to have fallen into place. :D

Zardoz wrote:
Congrats!

That was what you wanted, so you didn't loose a chunk of the payout?

Correct. It's a hell of a weight off my mind. :DD

Mr K - I think you did the right thing. These things can bite yer arse later on.
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Life's too short.

And leaving a trout in the filing cabinet is far more fun.
Fanfuckingtastic mate, well done. :metul:
Page 5 of 206 [ 10273 posts ]