The 'Yay!' thread
post about good things
Findus Fop wrote:
Until the remains of Dr Z are discovered behind the Argos in Lewisham.

#thoughtsandprayers

FACTBOMB: Argos was the Greek god of warehousing and storage.
It's been a great day. Woke up, and had won literally £3.90 on the lottery, ran a 10k, watched almost all of the cycling, watched the footy, watched The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard and now Cougar Town.

WHAT A DAY
Just had a large Donner kebab. Fucking marvellous
Sounds a great day.
Today I have discovered that my fridge has a drip tray at the back that needs emptying every now and again. I’ve only owned this fridge for about 4 years. You can imagine how manky the water was… well, I say water. More like sludge.
Deary me. It seems too much income tax was extracted from me again. Inland Rev just sent me a nice letter telling me how to get a £460.60 refund sent directly to my bank account.
I was due to be debt-free in December this year, thanks mainly to Stepchange and Gamstop. However, as I've managed to save a little on the side here and there, I realised I was in a position to just pay the remaining balances off. So as of this morning, I'm totally debt-free. £39k in debt paid off in four years, which is none too shabby. Now I can start living a normal life again. :)
devilman wrote:
I was due to be debt-free in December this year, thanks mainly to Stepchange and Gamstop. However, as I've managed to save a little on the side here and there, I realised I was in a position to just pay the remaining balances off. So as of this morning, I'm totally debt-free. £39k in debt paid off in four years, which is none too shabby. Now I can start living a normal life again. :)

That's amazing news!!! And no mean feat.

Congratulations, onwards and upwards. :)
That’s really amazing, DM, and great work. Really proud to know someone who can turn things around like that. It’s an amazing achievement.

Well done xxx
Nice one DM! That's brilliant news!
Wahay! Expert going!
That's fucking brilliant mate! Really pleased for you, must feel great that.
Well done! You must be really chuffed! As you should be!
Thanks all :) And yes, definitely chuffed; I was paying £800+ towards it each month, so it will be nice to put that money towards something else now.
Yeah, you’ll feel £800 alright!
devilman wrote:
£39k in debt paid off in four years, which is none too shabby.

:blown:

Fucking hell, that's impressive. Nice work.
Awesome work DM, that's brilliant!! :luv:
Awesome, DM. I *love* stories of people paying debt off. I used to head to the Motley Fool dealing with debt forums for good news occasionally; I'm a sucker for it.
I managed to fix my dodgy electric car window.

Previously, when you raised the window, it would bounce back from the top as if there were something trapped in it.

I used my big brain, and my torx screwdriver set to disconnect the motor, move the window down a few notches and put it all back together.

Satisfying
Happy anniversary @mr Russell and @Mimi! :)
Thank you darling. We are about to do an Alice In Wonderland escape room like the massive needs we are :luv:
Happy Anniversary...

On anther note, I had a fab week off and feel re-charged and ready to tackle work.
Mimi wrote:
Thank you darling. We are about to do an Alice In Wonderland escape room like the massive needs we are :luv:

That sounds amazing!

Please report back afterwards. :D
KovacsC wrote:
Happy Anniversary...

On anther note, I had a fab week off and feel re-charged and ready to tackle work.

Yay! Great news. We missed you last week. :)
Mimi wrote:

Awesome!

Congrats on the anniversary!
I missed you lot last week..
KovacsC wrote:
I missed you lot last week..

Do we know you, buddy?
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Mimi wrote:

That sounds amazing!

Please report back afterwards. :D

It was brilliant. We solved it with just 27 seconds to go.
Mimi wrote:

Happy Anniversary you two!
Mimi wrote:

Happy Anniversary you two!
Was that reply one each? :DD

Happy anniversary both :luv:
Yes! No! I have no idea what happened there!?
Aw, thanks folks. It was a really lovely day. We ended with a game of Dinosaur Adventure Golf after school. And Only Connect was back on!
Ex-BETEO Metal Angel / Suicide Perkies / Meatball_21 / Steve has just welcomed his second child into the world two hours ago!
Aw, absolutely fab news. :luv:
Met up with a couple of my favourite people today and ate fish off a bote!
Green Man Festival in a few weeks!
Delivery error! "Oh sorry you got the wrong order" said the lady. "Keep the food and we'll get yours over as soon as".

Extra 4 burgers, three portions chips, and a dirty fries for free!
MaliA wrote:
Delivery error! "Oh sorry you got the wrong order" said the lady. "Keep the food and we'll get yours over as soon as".

Extra 4 burgers, three portions chips, and a dirty fries for free!

Easily in the top three 'Yays' of all time.
Certainly beats my extra sausage and egg McMuffin in my order.

Man, that was amazing though.
MaliA wrote:
a dirty fries for free!

Is this a sexual act?
Dimrill wrote:
MaliA wrote:
a dirty fries for free!

Is this a sexual act?

For the price it should be.
There’s a local group that provide support and assistance for refugees and asylum seekers who were running a collection today for the Afghan families who will end up here.

They got slightly more donations than expected so I’ve just spent a couple of hours helping load stuff, transport it and unload again. 2 vans, a few cars and a coach full.

Attachment:
4DC5C481-7EBA-4E18-81CA-09D712DDA122.jpeg
That's fantastic :)
Oh that’s fantastic
Fantastic. Good to know there’s still decent folk out there.
devilman wrote:

That's brilliant, and very quickly done. Bravo.

Unlike this post, which arrived almost two months after the original.
I have just been approved in principle to re-mortgage. Which is quite huge to say I was on an IVA this time last year and could only get interest only.

Now to look at mortgages :)
KovacsC wrote:
I have just been approved in principle to re-mortgage. Which is quite huge to say I was on an IVA this time last year and could only get interest only.

Now to look at mortgages :)

Whoop! Whoop! :D
Page 201 of 206 [ 10273 posts ]