The 'Yay!' thread
post about good things
Excellent news!
Good news. A friend of mine that miscarried early into her pregnancy last year has had a twelve week scan today and all is well. :)

Another friend has passed some of her chartership (a mega achievement) and brought in cupcakes. I ate three.

Joans cooked bacon for tea, the house smells lovely, and I had bacon. :D
Everything's coming up Jazzy!

I...
We need a head in hands Dimlie. :D
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
We need a head in hands Dimlie. :D

:facepalm: is the closest we've got, I think.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Good news. A friend of mine that miscarried early into her pregnancy last year has had a twelve week scan today and all is well. :)

Another friend has passed some of her chartership (a mega achievement) and brought in cupcakes. I ate three.

Joans cooked bacon for tea, the house smells lovely, and I had bacon. :D

Yay!
Regular viewers will remember that I did a promotional video for a local boxing club the other month and got paid a fair amount. Well, the owner of that club has put me in touch with another club that wants something similar! Ace.

I'm going to try to recreate the intro to Super Punch Out on the SNES with it... But don't tell anyone!
A few yays:

Mrs Squirt has long thought about training to go into animal care and veterinary nursing, and we've found an introductory course that will allow her to get started with much less investment of time and money than we originally thought. Yay!

She's spoken our local vets, and they've been really kind and helpful talking about her options. Yay!

Our local vet is called Mr Moustache. Yay!
Squirt wrote:

Will Mr Moustache be working with Mrs Squirt?

Because I know how that ends.
It better not, or he'll be Mr Black Eye After A Bip Right In The Noggin.
Squirt wrote:
A few yays:

Mrs Squirt has long thought about training to go into animal care and veterinary nursing, and we've found an introductory course that will allow her to get started with much less investment of time and money than we originally thought. Yay!

She's spoken our local vets, and they've been really kind and helpful talking about her options. Yay!

Awesome!
On the board of a charity.
MaliA wrote:
On the board of a charity.

Malia: space pirate turned philanthropist.
Great news Squirt!
Yay! It's asleep!

What do you have, Wookie?
We have 1 x baby girl @ 6lb10oz, mildly squashed ears, a billion decibels sound output. Call sign: Seren.

Obviously she's the best thing ever to have existed.

I'm ecstatic!
Whoop! Congratulations Woolie. Hope Mum and baby are doing well. :)
Ooh, paging Mimi or Russell while I remember, I liked a lot of what you said about your co-sleeper, do you know what make/model it is please?
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Whoop! Congratulations Woolie. Hope Mum and baby are doing well. :)

Thanks all :) GJ, Mrs wookie is recovering slowly and Seren seems to have forgotten how to feed so we're currently in PRI in the community midwife unit (amazing btw) trying to fix that. Otherwise everyone's doing very well, we've been very lucky really.
Congratulations on the sex and the results of the sex. Here's to more sex.
Congratulations!
Congratulations! Brilliant news!
Congratulations Wookie, and bigger congrats to Mrs Wookie. Glad to hear both are doing well.
krazywookie wrote:
Ooh, paging Mimi or Russell while I remember, I liked a lot of what you said about your co-sleeper, do you know what make/model it is please?

Congratulations! And of course, here is a link: http://www.chicco.co.uk/8058664024605.n ... llows.html
It's called the Chicco Next2Me. We sold ours for nearly as much as we paid for it after he'd outgrown it so it keeps the value.

Seren is a lovely, lovely name.
Oh, massive congratulations. She's absolutely beautiful and perfect! She's just gorgeous!

I loved our co-sleeper. If we were to ever do it again it would absolutely be the first thing I'd buy.
Mr Russell wrote:
krazywookie wrote:

Congratulations! And of course, here is a link: http://www.chicco.co.uk/8058664024605.n ... llows.html
It's called the Chicco Next2Me. We sold ours for nearly as much as we paid for it after he'd outgrown it so it keeps the value.

Seconded. It is brilliant. We used a Sleepyhead, too.

Seren is a good name.
We used something similar and my wife thought it was brilliant. She wished she'd had one for the first.

I know you probably will, but make sure you follow the instructions carefully and make sure there's no way the baby can fall anywhere she's not supposed to. You can never be too careful.
Mr Russell wrote:
krazywookie wrote:

Brilliant thanks, I've taken much of my parenting advice from you guys without you knowing it so thank you both for posting so much about Darwin. Also I've always admired your naming skills, I love bold names like that. However I'll probably never tell her about the vague firefly reference :)
So cute. Little nose! Little hat!
Well done Wookie, MrsWookie and miniWookie...
Next2Me get, picking it up tomorrow. Thanks for nice comments all, Mrs wookie will read them too and feel better :) good progress with feeding :)
She really is a little star! ;)
Huge congratulations chap!
Congratulation, Wookie. Baby achievement unlocked. :)
I have a pushchair. Do you need a pushchair?

£150, delivered.
Grim... wrote:

£150, delivered.

Thanks but got. Much things have been donated so the co sleeper is pretty much the first thing I've bought for her with my own, real money!
Congratulations to you all! x
krazywookie wrote:
Grim... wrote:

£150, delivered.

Thanks but got. Much things have been donated so the co sleeper is pretty much the first thing I've bought for her with my own, real money!

Bugabbo though, bruv. It's like pushing middle class around.

Also it has off-road mode!
Grim... wrote:
krazywookie wrote:
Grim... wrote:

£150, delivered.

Bugabbo though, bruv. It's like pushing middle class around.

Also it has off-road mode!

Is that better or less better than quinny pebble. Any way I've got matching ISO fix car seat because I'm a horribly boring man now and know about these things. Also I've never held a baby before my one but it turns out I'm a nappy changing god.
This one is more for when when they're a little older.

Buggy to car isofix is a fucking godsend, though.
Oh wait, I forgot to mention that it has adipocere.

Guaranteed sale!
It's not Phil & Teds though.
Grim... wrote:
Oh wait, I forgot to mention that it has adipocere.

Guaranteed sale!

Old skin? Nice.
Congratulations wookie!

You fool!
Page 164 of 206 [ 10273 posts ]