Rev Owen
RIP
xxx
Attachment:
2015-10-13_15.59.17.png

Lava spunking Batman will never forget, dude.
DavPaz wrote:
Attachment:
2015-10-13_15.59.17.png

Lava spunking Batman will never forget, dude.

Still amazing.
Miss you Batman, anyone know how Patience is getting on?
gospvg wrote:

Seems to be OK from her Facebook posts. She occasionally posts some heartrending stuff about Owen though :(
I do really wish she'd make his page a memorial page so Facebook would stop cheerfully telling me to help him "have a great day".

Still, I'm not sure it's a conversation I'd ever like to start.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
gospvg wrote:

Seems to be OK from her Facebook posts. She occasionally posts some heartrending stuff about Owen though :(

I hope she has found someone else to enjoy life with, you can never get over a loss of someone but finding someone who can give you some happiness helps.
Although I never met him, Mimi and I often still talk about him and Patience, and I loved his Sea-Man diary.
Hello folks,
Owen's brother here. Hope you don't mind me stopping by, I'm somewhat drunk and was just thinking about the man himself and remembered you lovely people. If anyone had any amusing anecdotes, stories or whatever about how cool he was I'd love to hear them. Alternatively, if anyone had any questions or anything about him I'd be happy to share, within reason.
Please don't feel obliged or anything, I was just thinking about him and wouldn't mind talking about him.
Much love
t
He’s much missed by all of us here. He was a kind and caring person. I’ve moved around a lot and have very few possessions more than six years old because of a few turbulent moves, but one of the tiny number of things I still have from years ago is the Bert Barbie doll from Mary Poppins that Owen bought me because he knew how much I adore Dick Van Dyke. I didn’t know he’d bought it. It just arrived at my house one day, and is one if my very most treasured possessions.

I hope you’re doing ok and that your family all still take comfort in knowing that Owen was adored.
He came up in my train of thought only yesterday as I was travelling to Leeds with the offspring in the car. She was playing Minecraft on her tablet and that got me onto remembering Owen's contribution to that thread and Minecraft in general and then onto Doom and how much I think he would have loved the latest Doom. I also thought of him recently when Sean Hughes died as it was a similar thing where somebody who I had never met but had a great affinity for Tweeted an innocuous sounding update and then they were gone.

Every time I come across an annoying boss in a game I take solace in the fact that Owen would have agreed with me on the general shitness of bosses.

Owen will always remain a part of my life because he talked so much sense and said it such a gentlemanly and warm fashion that even if he was saying something other people had said lots of times before the way *he* said it made it stick in my mind.
Attachment:
2017-11-27_09.57.41.png

Batman will spunk lava as long as I have the capability to allow him.
And it's worth remembering the fact that at the annual quiz at the cottage there is always a glass raised to Owen, with the chance to win the Rev Owen Memorial Hat.
Mr Russell wrote:
And it's worth remembering the fact that at the annual quiz at the cottage there is always a glass raised to Owen, with the chance to win the Rev Owen Memorial Hat.

Oh, deffo this.
But the Quiz is fixed, you know.
Mr Russell wrote:
And it's worth remembering the fact that at the annual quiz at the cottage there is always a glass raised to Owen

And in the Beex drinking game, too.
I've just been reminded via Twitter that this was 10 years ago today. We've missed the toast at the Cottage this year so perhaps we should dedicate tonight's quiz to him?
Quiz is an open invitation for anyone wanting to commemorate the anniversary. Would be nice to see a few extra faces
Page 8 of 8 [ 368 posts ]