Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was on today
and nobody even mentioned it.
PFFFHHHHSHHH. :(
You don't already own it?

BANNED.
It was on Channel 5 or ITV (I forget which) a couple of weeks ago.
Not got a telly.
Craster wrote:

BANNED.

Seriously, you've been able to buy it for under a fiver for the vast majority of the last half decade.

Look, here it is for £3.89.

http://www.sendit.com/dvd/item/7000000063055
You can stream it on joox.net

Just looking at the imdb ratings.. man, they're rated alot lower than I would have expected.
Any version of the film with a cover that only lists Keanu Reeves on it is just wrong IMO.*

It's like that cover for Hackers which only lists Jolie even though she isn't the main character in it. Ggrrrrhhhnnkkk.

* The movie itself however is doubly aces, natch.
Molloy wrote:

Just looking at the imdb ratings.. man, they're rated alot lower than I would have expected.

Maybe because it's not that good.

The IMDB is full of witless cretins, though.
Flogging, then banned.
sinister agent wrote:
Molloy wrote:

Maybe because it's not that good.

The IMDB is full of witless cretins, though.

Word. It's entirely populated with pseudo-cineastes, afraid of espousing anything other than what is deemed the 'correct' opinion by the middlebrow hegemony for fear of being ostracised.
After I've seen a new film I like, I often go to the imdb just to get myself as angry and irritated as possible by the legions of people leaving utterly idiotic comments on it. And to feel smugly superior, obv.

A bit like gamesfaqs, except that the latter can be a handy buying guide - the reviews are typically stupidly over the top in their praise or criticism, but if you read the extremes you often get a good impression of what the game is like - they typically point out some of the best and worst things about it, though typically in a cretinous and terribly written fashion.
I've just watched it via Joox to remind myself of how most triumphant the film is so thanks for the info.

It's totally bogus that it doesn't have a rating over 8 on imdb.
Dudley wrote:
Seriously, you've been able to buy it for under a fiver for the vast majority of the last half decade.

Sold!
but Excellent Adventure is (and always will be) massively inferior to Bogus Journey.
I used to think that until I watched them side by side about a year ago. Bogus Journey was actually massively inferior to Excellent Adventure.
I agree with NigelHedge. I also used to think this, until I did the same. Excellent Adventure is consistently brilliant all the way through. Bogus Journey is a bit more 'spotty', but arguably the funnier movie at its peaks.

I will return shortly with a graph.
I'm now considering watching Bogus Journey to see. Update: I AM now watching Bogus Journey.
Okay. Right. So it's definitely not as good. It's just somehow not as funny and I think it's mainly that it lacks the spark of freshness that the original has. The pacing isn't as good. I think it tries to be too storyliney but it also seems a bit unfocused. There's a lot of faffing to achieve not a great deal. That isn't to say it's a bad film.. just not as good as the Excellent Adventure. The final few scenes are great including God Gave Rock N Roll To You (which I bought on 7" at the time).
Dudley wrote:
Craster wrote:

BANNED.

I don't know if 'Entertainment for Less' is part of a chain or just a one-off shop but there's one near me that's taken the place of Music Zone. Anyway, my point is that they've got Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure for £2 and at the moment they're doing 50% off everything so it could be yours for just a quid. Er, if you've got one of these shops nearby.

Today I spent £8 in there and got -
Shawshank Redemption Special Edition
Poseidon
Robots
Raging Bull
Red Eye
The Devil's Rejects
The Crow
An American Haunting

Not bad at all. :)
For £8 that's an incredible haul, and here I was thinking that Resevoir Dogs that I got from sainsburys for £2.99 was a good deal.
The 3rd was/is my birthday. I missed it! MR SEPPUKU FACE
You missed your own birthday?! 8)
Noooo, the film! It would have made for some top nostalgic viewing.
Page 1 of 1 [ 26 posts ]