Call of Duty : Black Ops
Treyarch's next game AKA COD7
If the supermarkets do do it on the cheap I might have to get one of you lot to purchase it for me and send it over as new games here are 699kr. Which is basically £70 :(
It seems that the game has leaked online - there have been quite a few youtube videos showing full multiplayer games or sections of levels (most of them are now pulled) - the general feedback seems to be that its quite good.

No one seems to be doing anything special on the pre-order side so it probably will just come down to which supermarket does the best opening day offer.

For MW2 it seemed to be Sainsburies (flat £26) or Tesco (£26 if you bought any other game) , although Asda often do step in with promotions as well - and you only have to look back to see the offers for Halo : Reach to see that there will be some type of deal going on.
I would be very interested at £30 or lower plus postage if come the time they are at that price, and theres someone willing to go to the hassle of sending it to me and whatnot.
I wonder how long people are going to accept these yearly 'it looks the same as the last CoD, I'm getting it' updates. It seems any other game series would get stick for it by people on this forum, but CoD makes everyone giddy. Genuine question, I'm getting the game as well.
I'm less interested than I was in the last one. Definitely won't be rushing out to buy it anyway.
EA Sports games get stick, because there pretty much is no difference year-on-year at all. What with them not even being able to do new maps when you play on a regulation pitch. Shooters tend to be a bit better in terms of there being something new in each game. A bit.
Its just new maps really. and a fresh start so it's fun figuring out all the little new things that the devs have put in as you don't know whats the best combination of things and such
Wogan'sTrouserBulge wrote:
I wonder how long people are going to accept these yearly 'it looks the same as the last CoD, I'm getting it' updates. It seems any other game series would get stick for it by people on this forum, but CoD makes everyone giddy. Genuine question, I'm getting the game as well.

I had never really played any of the others before last year , but *really* liked the multiplayer on MW2 , and pretty much one of the big things for me picking it up was the positive messages on here for the previous ones (and the cheap supermarket price).

The fact that a lot of people will pick it up , it will be what everyone is playing on your friends list will go a long way to making me want to grab it (I held back from Halo since i never really got into 3 or ODST - but turning on the xbox and seeing your friends list of just pages of people playing Reach and reading the thread on here almost made me cave in).
nickachu wrote:
Its just new maps really. and a fresh start so it's fun figuring out all the little new things that the devs have put in as you don't know whats the best combination of things and such

Winning combinations : Nickachu , with the sniper rifle , and the lag switch :-)
zaphod79 wrote:
nickachu wrote:

Winning combinations : Nickachu , with the sniper rifle , and the lag switch :-)

I've retired the lag switch :(

I'd be itching for a new game after playing the same one for 200 hours or however long nickachu has sunk into MW2.
18 and a half days... so probably more than 200.
That's a very good point.
nickachu wrote:
18 and a half days... so probably more than 200.

'Probably'
Want a COD Jeep ?

http://www.destructoid.com/-2011-jeep-w ... ps-edition

Quote:
There's going to be an IRL Call of Duty Jeep? How do these things happen?

The Jeep brand today announced it has been named exclusive automotive partner by Activision for Call of Duty: Black Ops, and that they're making a COD Jeep. Hitting show floors next month, this limited-edition Jeep Wrangler will be available for a MSRP of $30,625 for the two-door model and $33,500 for the four-door. The 2011 Jeep Wrangler Call of Duty: Black Ops Edition comes standard with "aggressive 32-inch tires, unique military style and Call of Duty graphics."

The partnership delivers a natural fit including an in-game integration into both the epic single player storyline of Call of Duty: Black Ops and the title’s much anticipated multiplayer experience.

Yeah, so COD Jeep, eh? I don't even know what to say to this. Look for this Jeep on the roads as well as in your game as product placement in Black Ops when it is released next month.
any opinions on which retailer it might be worth ordering this from, or wait for dawn at sainsburys type shenanigans ala Cod6
I've pre-ordered from ShopTo after excellent early delivery service with PES 2011, lots of praise for them on here and last year they sent MW2 out about a week early IIRC.
good call ill give them a whirl if its sub £35
#
edit wowo £43

edit 2 google shows most places £45. wow. OK well, in for a penny in for a pound. or something.
I've pre-ordered from ShopTo after excellent early delivery service with PES 2011, lots of praise for them on here and last year they sent MW2 out about a week early IIRC.

You'll like CoD - it's easy to kill people.
:kiss:
LaceSensor wrote:
good call ill give them a whirl if its sub £35
#
edit wowo £43

edit 2 google shows most places £45. wow. OK well, in for a penny in for a pound. or something.

Yeah they've gone for the high RRP again! Bar-stewards.
So nowhere is doing it on the cheap then?

Cheapest it is here is 600Kr and I really can't stretch for that :(
I don't like this game I prefer Halo. You only like this game because it's too easy.
nickachu wrote:

Unknown at the moment - what people are waiting for is to see if any of the supermarkets do it as a deal and they normally keep that quiet right up until the day of launch - last year with MW2 the £26 sainsburies deal was only a rumor until some people who worked for them leaked posters and stuff - then Tesco 'retaliated' with their offer.

Probably the best indication that they will do a deal is that the Fifa and PES games sparked a price war between them , and Halo Reach was also 'cheap-ish' at the supermarkets on the day of launch.

The other obvious problem with all of this is when they do pump it out cheap they run out of stock :-)
zaphod79 wrote:
nickachu wrote:

Unknown at the moment - what people are waiting for is to see if any of the supermarkets do it as a deal and they normally keep that quiet right up until the day of launch - last year with MW2 the £26 sainsburies deal was only a rumor until some people who worked for them leaked posters and stuff - then Tesco 'retaliated' with their offer.

Probably the best indication that they will do a deal is that the Fifa and PES games sparked a price war between them , and Halo Reach was also 'cheap-ish' at the supermarkets on the day of launch.

The other obvious problem with all of this is when they do pump it out cheap they run out of stock :-)

We don't have tescos or sainsburys here :(
Yep, my mate managed to bag a cheap Sainsbury's copy purely because he works for a company who travel to various stores and check displays or something... Anyway, he bagged a copy just before the store opened and let the angry mob in who promptly wiped out the stock across the country. Same will happen again and I can't be arsed to queue outside a supermarket.
Did they limit it to one per customer?
No idea! I'd imagine they probably would if there were more people in the queue than games in the stockroom. They certainly did at Tesco for GTA IV, although you could buy one PS3 and one 360 copy if you wanted to...
No idea! I'd imagine they probably would if there were more people in the queue than games in the stockroom. They certainly did at Tesco for GTA IV, although you could buy one PS3 and one 360 copy if you wanted to...

Well since I'm in foreign land if it was cheap I'd ask someone else to be very kind and ship me a copy if they're getting one too. so hmmmmm....
WHAT ARE YOU HINTING AT NICK?

edit: Rest assured, if they're going cheap and I'm in a position to buy one without standing outside for an hour in the cold like a numpty, I'll happily send you one over!
WHAT ARE YOU HINTING AT NICK?

Nothing...... :roll:
Cor! 600Kr is nearly 60 biff!
Cor! 600Kr is nearly 60 biff!

And that's the webprice!
It's 700 in shops!
Cripes! Yeah, I'll head to Sainsbury's/Tesco on launch day and see what I can do. Don't hesitate to "sort yourself out" if you see a decent offer, though. I'll always be able to sell it on again at a profit, such is the staying power of the CoD games.
Cripes! Yeah, I'll head to Sainsbury's/Tesco on launch day and see what I can do. Don't hesitate to "sort yourself out" if you see a decent offer, though. I'll always be able to sell it on again at a profit, such is the staying power of the CoD games.

I'll doubt I'll see a decent offer here. Or anywhere that'll ship over here. The cheap fallout NV that Lewie linked to on amazon wouldnt ship to out here. And neither would some other places. Which is annoying when everything here is ridiculously expensive.
Ah well, I'll see what I can do!
Ta!

If they do do it I'll paypal/bank transfer if they do do it :)

This place is truely excellent!
GovernmentYard wrote:
I don't like this game I prefer Halo. You only like this game because it's too easy.

New in-joke ahoy!
Multiplayer map list (and older perks list) posted on Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/5672649/a-glimpse-of- ... layer-maps

Can someone knock up a fake Sainsbury's poster showing a £26 price for this, then we can send it around the net and see if Tesco retaliate?
Looks like they've put a lot of throught into the map names
Yeah - "er, just put summit in for now, I dunno, we'll change it later".
I bet the Summit will be a massive disappointment. Probably just a grassy knoll.
nickachu wrote:

Yeah I always get paid straight away for stuff I've sold on here.
Zardoz wrote:
nickachu wrote:

Yeah I always get paid straight away for stuff I've sold on here.

Shit... Im pretty sure I still owe andy bear a tenner.....
Excitement for this game is beginning to stir in my belly. It also looks as though they've included some Halo-style lobby features to make managing your party much easier. This is what the game desperately needed. They've also got rid of quick scoping. Yay!

Quote:
I’m Josh Olin (aka JD_2020), Treyarch’s Community Manager on Call of Duty: Black Ops. Today, I wanted to take the opportunity to highlight some of the features that Call of Duty: Black Ops will deliver fans when it launches on November 9th. A number of these features are ones that I think the community has been wanting for a long time, which is why we’ve worked really hard to deliver.. So let’s get started!

Multiplayer Online Split-Screen Support
Let’s get started with what I believe is the most unknown, yet confirmed, aspect to Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer -- the online split-screen support we’ve re-introduced to the franchise! This applies to both the Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3.

The Facts:
You can connect a 2nd controller and bring a Guest online (i.e. "JD_2020" & "JD_2020(1)").
Guests can rank up, earn unlocks, etc -- all Guest progress goes away once signed out.
(Xbox 360 only) You can bring a 2nd, Gold Xbox LIVE account online!
(Xbox 360 only) Both players with full online accounts can rank-up while playing split-screen, as if on two separate consoles.

Custom Games Editor
Allow me to introduce the Black Ops Custom Games editor! Private Matches have never been this customizable. Players will have the ability to structure their games at all new levels of granularity. From variables as simple as Time Limit and Score Limit, or as deep as which weapons, Perks, and gear is available. You want a Pistols Only match? Make one! No longer do custom game modes rely on the "honor system".

Furthermore, any Custom Game you create and configure can be placed in your File Share, for friends and the community-at-large to browse, download, and enjoy. You just might create the most addictive new game mode of all time from the comfort of your own living room!

In-Game Friends List
We’ve integrated a built-in Friends List into the in-game User Interface. You’ll be able to browse Recent Players, Friends, navigate their File Shares, Recent Games, Combat Records -- all within this in-game menu system designed to streamline the social process within the game. Sending game invites and joining Friends’ games has never been simpler than in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Regional Matchmaking & Party Privacy
Call of Duty: Black Ops will support regional matchmaking filters on a global scale. So, no matter where you’re at in the world, you will have the ability to specify whether you want to match with players from other geographical regions, or only those local to you. This will make communication and lag a much less intrusive variable on your gameplay experience.

Additionally, given Black Ops will support joining games in progress via an even simpler built-in in-game Friends List interface, we’ll allow a Party leader to lock down his lobby to Invite Only, Friends Only, or even Close it altogether if he wants to be in complete control over who enters and exits the Party Lobby.

Emblems Do NOT Reset with Prestige
This one is pretty cut-and-dry -- a frequently asked question is, "Will my kickass emblem I spent hours perfecting be lost when I prestige??" The answer is, "NO!" -- Emblems are one of the only aspects of Black Ops MP that do not get a full reset upon entering Prestige. Things that will reset when you Prestige are: XP, COD Points, Challenge progressions, Loadouts, etc.

So that’s just a few of the lesser-known components to Call of Duty: Black Ops MP, officially confirmed in one location! What I just described applies to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and the PC -- except for the Split Screen Online play, Regional Matchmaking, and Party Privacy. That’s just 360 and PS3.

For more information regarding Black Ops, and all the new features included in Multiplayer, head over to our official YouTube channel at http://YouTube.com/CallOfDuty and watch all the different trailers we have highlighted the game. Additionally, follow me on Twitter at @JD_2020 for more news and updates.

http://callofduty.com/intel/407?path=intel/407

360 players can play online splitscreen, both logged into their LIVE accounts, levelling up all the way! Now you can go to a chum's house and level yourself up instead of doing him a massive favour :metul:

And you get a fileshare (like Halo), you can record film clips (like Halo) and you can create custom game types and upload them to your fileshare (like Halo).
Lose points for use of 'Granularity'
Wow, online split screen is some surprising news there, I thought we'd seen the last of it. Interesting. Does this perhaps mean we may see a wee bit more of Malabar online with us?
superdupergill wrote:
Wow, online split screen is some surprising news there, I thought we'd seen the last of it. Interesting. Does this perhaps mean we may see a wee bit more of Malabar online with us?

Perhaps! But my most limiting factor at the moment is shit Internet. When I move out of this place, I'm hoping to get a lot more Bezzie action.
<something innocuous>
Page 2 of 22 [ 1097 posts ]