Call of Duty : Black Ops
Treyarch's next game AKA COD7
Trooper wrote:
Doesn't online split screen with levelling give greater chance for boosting shenanigans?

I'm really hoping all that crap (along with the script kiddies and bug exploiters ) doesn't transfer across from MW2, but I fear that it will actually be worse! :D

And also, lagging.
Doesn't online split screen with levelling give greater chance for boosting shenanigans?

I'm really hoping all that crap (along with the script kiddies and bug exploiters ) doesn't transfer across from MW2, but I fear that it will actually be worse! :D
Trooper wrote:

Looks like Treyarch will be more hands-on with support than IW inevitably ended up being. So hopefully they'll shut down the exploits whenever they can.

Hopefully that will make up for them not being as good at making games.
I don't care if people want to boost their way to a high level, just so long as they're not doing it in a game i'm in and affecting the scoreboard as a result. So as long as that doesn't happen I'm happy.
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
And also, lagging.

Good work.

Oh, wait - I'm possibly crediting the wrong 'sploiter, there.
Interesting stuff.

Sounds like they'll look after it and there's some nice stuff there. Choosing where you connect to being a good one.
Man, I fucking suck at MW2! It feels so different to Halo, it's gonna take me a few games to get used to it again. Fancied a game what with CODBLOPS around the corner. I think I'm joining Nick and Bobby when their current game is over, so if anyone else wants in on the action, jump in!

I'm also testing out my Turtle Beach jobbies like I promised Gilly I would... a month ago...
Of wow. Erm. Split screen on-line multiplayer?

Er, I'm, er, going to have to get this now.

At least I will if the GF finds out. She's been wanting that for ever.
Wogan'sTrouserBulge wrote:

I'm also testing out my Turtle Beach jobbies like I promised Gilly I would... a month ago...

Yay! How you getting on?
It's always good to have as many people as possible. Was good to finally play with you Jonarob!

Play moar!
I said I wouldn't buy another CoD game after barely playing MW2. Why am I thinking about this one now? It's madness.
The headphones were aces! Recommended to all!
myp it's probably because a lot of people are getting it so there'll be lots of bezzie time on it. Or something.
myoptikakaka wrote:
I said I wouldn't buy another CoD game after barely playing MW2. Why am I thinking about this one now? It's madness.

Likewise. There's a guy in work who loves CoD and every time he sees me he asks if I've changed my mind and then tells me something new and (genuinely) cool about CODBLOPS and makes me think for a moment. Dammit.

Same thing happened last time, I said I wasn't getting MW2 and then passed EASY LOVER21 (other guy I knew who was obsessed with it even more, he played COD4 and MW2 with us a few times) outside work and he said I thought you weren't gonna get MW2, but you're rank 20 already? :facepalm:
myoptikakaka wrote:

Because you like the annual identi-bleed-money-a-thon that is CoD?
The main reason I end up buying the latest COD when it comes out is because everyone else does. 75% of my enjoyment from COD is playing online with you guys...if everyone was still playing MW2 online then I wouldnt really care about CODBLOPS at all.
Can you buy me a copy too Ramsea? I love you baby, see you later when I'm even more drunk :-) hehe!

Shoot you all in the face in a week xx
Pretty much the only game me bobby and Curio play is MW2 still ramsea.
I aint seen ya on it, but tbf, I aint been on the xbox much lately except for a few games of FIFA when I get the chance. I hope to get on a lot more come December.
Massive WTF? moment regarding Zombies mode;

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
"This time around, instead of fighting off Nazi zombies as some nameless soldiers, you can take on the roles of John F. Kennedy, Richard Nixon, Robert McNamara or Fidel Castro as they fight to hold off the hordes in the Pentagon."

Sauce

There is a video of the intro cut-scene there too.

Mind blown. Had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't April.
Dibs on Nixon!
"I AM NOT A ZOMBIE!"

Hey yo Nicky Nickachu! I didn't even realise you were playing with me until you started stabbing up my face! Unfortunately that was my final game for the time being because I'm going to get myself something to eat! Might be on later though.
Heh. No worries. I noticed you didnt have headset plugged in, and I got kicked when it went to fuel. nevermind. Time for a break too.
Yeah I don't bother plugging it in when I'm randoming. Well, unless they're talking as well, but they weren't so I didn't bother.
Same here normally, but some people were talking in the game before I joined your lobby and then I couldnt be arsed to take it out.
And that brings us up to date!
Got an hour?

#toggle_video">http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/now-playin ... ggle_video

They start showing all four of the Wager Matches towards the final third - they look like serious fun.
Everyone on here who dismissed World at War is a fool. "A Fool", I say. You've missed out on the excellent Nazi Zombies.

You will atone for your cack-handed dismissery this November.
Oh and why (oh why) more Spec Ops missions never featured on MW2 unconstitutionally expensive DLC's is a fucking mystery of wasted opportunity.
Ian Fairies wrote:
Everyone on here who dismissed World at War is a fool. "A Fool", I say. You've missed out on the excellent Nazi Zombies.

'World at War with Jack Bauer' was a shit game, but I'll agree with you that the Nazi Zombies was excellent. Only ever played it with my friend in Australia a couple of times though.
Albanian Flid raised a good point about this in a text earlier:

"I heard someone call that a cold war era game lol... So you spend all your time threatening to shoot but not actually shooting, but making it very clear that you WILL shoot if someone shoots at you? No thanks!"

Of course, he undermines his point by saying 'lol' unironically.
So his phone is working?
He got a new one. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOJdY2pM ... r_embedded

A quick look at all of the maps with a strange choice of music.

I have to say, I am liking almost everything I am hearing about this game, and I'm 187 times more excited about it dropping on my door mat next week than I ever was about MW2.
Had an email from someone claiming to be a morrisons employee say that it's gonna be £25 there on release day.
Next cheapest elsewhere is £35. I'll have my eyes out for what is going on come release day.
Ooh!

Hi Jonny!!!! :D
That's what I was a-oohing about! Honest!
That's what I was a-oohing about! Honest!

If you remember that'd be great ta :)
Just got a text from ShopTo - dispatched first class!
Christ, you'll probably get it Monday then. I'll be travelling early doors on Tuesday to Asda to pick up a copy. God knows, if it'll be cheaper than elsewhere, but I doubt I'll have a problem getting a copy. I certainly didn't getting MW2.
I was hoping it'd turn up tomorrow! Probably not though. It's strange though because I got this email from ShopTo a couple of days ago:

Quote:
Dear Valued Customer,
We are writing to you in reference to your pre order for Call of Duty Black ops. (all formats, normal and hardened editions)
In accordance with Activision requiring a simultaneous release date please note that all copies of this title will be dispatched Monday 8th November in time for its official release date of 9th November 2011.
Please remember that current statistics should see 98% of Royal Mail orders arrive next working day.
Due to record breaking pre order figures, ShopTo will start processing the orders from Thursday November 4th, which will mean charging credit/ debit cards for successful payment.
To avoid any disappointment please make sure your payment details on your account are correct.
Once again thank you for shopping with ShopTo.
I'll bag a copy if I see one for £25.

Rude not to, and the re-flog value would be the same anyway if it's shite.
It didn't turn up yesterday, by the way. They must have dispatched it via "slow" First Class where it doesn't really come the next day. Hopefully Monday!

edit: And that ad is awesome. I can't decide if I should be liking it or not though, considering what it represents and stuff. Meh, stuff blows up, it's ace.
Guy in work is on nights, and is considering a midnight trip to Asda to see if they've engaged in a price war.
Page 3 of 22 [ 1097 posts ]