DavPaz wrote:
Do you drive, Malc?

nope

Attachment:
PXL_20211002_100445506.jpg

I tend to sit like this when I put my foot up
JBR wrote:
Warhead wrote:
Those stickers are just for wankers who want to show off that they've driven on the continent, or to give the impression that they have, when they haven't.

I received the ones I ordered just this Tuesday.

We can still be friends.
Warhead wrote:
JBR wrote:
Warhead wrote:
Those stickers are just for wankers who want to show off that they've driven on the continent, or to give the impression that they have, when they haven't.

I received the ones I ordered just this Tuesday.

We can still be friends.

Getting good, friendly, Reginald D. Hunter-style "this is my friend, he's a bit of a wanker" vibes here.
Steve sent a message to his parents about the stickers, they usually drive when they come visit
as of yesterday our id-cards are no longer valid to visit the uk, have to be passports
lots of progress all round :roll:
Malc I find that picture horrifying in so many ways
Sir Taxalot wrote:
Malc I find that picture horrifying in so many ways

Hah, I switched to long trousers (and therefore socks and shoes, rather than Sandles) the next day. Sorry.
Useful post on the UCL Constitution Unit's blog about the current situation in Northern Ireland.

Having Sinn Fein as the largest party after the May election, meaning they get to be First Minister, would be as fascinating a development as the Ian Paisley/Martin McGuiness love-in of a decade ago.
Looks like Sturgeon wants to get a showdown with Westminster over a new independence referendum. Even if, as is very likely, the courts rule that an indicative poll would be ultra vires for Holyrood, she can still use that to show how Scotland is at a disadvantage within the UK. Indeed, she might be better off with this result than having to hold it and risk losing.
Kern, a while ago wrote:
Looks like Sturgeon wants to get a showdown with Westminster over a new independence referendum. Even if, as is very likely, the courts rule that an indicative poll would be ultra vires for Holyrood, she can still use that to show how Scotland is at a disadvantage within the UK. Indeed, she might be better off with this result than having to hold it and risk losing.

Yep, the Supreme Court ruled against an advisory poll (which really wasn't that unexpected). I think I agree with Past Me on how it benefits the SNP, but the moment's probably past for the government to call their bluff on it now we're in an economic crisis and the election's only two years away.
Page 41 of 41 [ 2009 posts ]