PC gaming hardware thread.
Takes down the torture rack.
devilman wrote:
Grim... wrote:
I use a standy-uppy mouse like Doc was talking about because I had problems with my wrist before it was cool. Anyway, it's made by Autley, those well known, erm, people. But it works fine, as you'd expect.

Autley user here too. :) This one in fact (although it's out of stock now). All the blurb says it's for people with big hands ("It may not fit well for small hands or women"), but it's been fine for me so far.

That's the one I have. MOUSE BROS
KovacsC wrote:
Grim... wrote:
This is the most boring thread for a while ;)

Sorry :(

Never apologise, never explain, never back down.
I have an MX Master and I have the back button as the internet back button and the forward button as a quick save for when I'm editing. Very useful but at the same time, very dull.
How come if a laptop or phone is downstairs it'll connect to the internet through the WiFi, but upstairs it will connect to the WiFi, but say "no internet"?
MaliA wrote:
How come if a laptop or phone is downstairs it'll connect to the internet through the WiFi, but upstairs it will connect to the WiFi, but say "no internet"?

Do you have a WiFi repeater?
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Yes.
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Yes.

The repeater might have lost connection to the router. It'll still broadcast its WiFi, but no internet
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Yes.

The repeater might have lost connection to the router. It'll still broadcast its WiFi, but no internet

Ok. Ta. Do I reboot it?
Step 1 in any IT problem.
Step 1 is "decide whether or not you really care that it doesn't work"
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Yes.

Ok. Ta. Do I reboot it?

8)
Bamba wrote:
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Yes.

Ok. Ta. Do I reboot it?

8)

It is an option.
Not working? Turn it off and on again.
Working, but not responding very well? Turn it off and on again.
Working fine, but something else isn't working? Turn it off and on again.
Taking slightly longer to do something, while you are sitting watching it? Turn it off and on again.
MaliA wrote:
Bamba wrote:
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Yes.

Ok. Ta. Do I reboot it?

8)

It is an option.

I meant: of course you bloody reboot it. Why wouldn't you? It would've taken you longer to type out the post asking whether to do it than to just do it.
Bamba wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Bamba wrote:
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Yes.

Ok. Ta. Do I reboot it?

8)

It is an option.

I meant: of course you bloody reboot it. Why wouldn't you? It would've taken you longer to type out the post asking whether to do it than to just do it.

I don't know how to
If in doubt, pull the power out
Don’t forget to wait 10 seconds.
Take the wire out so you can blow any loose electrons out.
My Master MX is on it's way. cheers for the recommendation.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
I get some mild RSI in my right elbow, so it was a decision mostly driven by that. (It does seem to have helped a bit, too.)

Buy some weight and a bench. Watch all your aches disappear ;)
Just got my mouse.. it is a heavy bugger.. i like it
I am trying to sort my home office out, as we are doing more video conferences.

My laptop has a camera but it is not in the best place for my working set up.

What webcams do you use or recommend?
I have a logitech C920 which is ideal and was quite cheap... It looks like they're sold out on Amazon at the moment though so I don't think that's very helpful.
TheVision wrote:
It looks like they're sold out on Amazon at the moment though so I don't think that's very helpful.
Approximately every webcam is sold out or has gougers charging hundreds for even basic models. I wouldn't be too picky, Kov.
Camera is on the third screw. I tend to work on the middle.
I've got a logitech c270, which cost me £20 and works just fine. I use the built in microphone and nobody has any issues hearing me no matter where I am in the room, but I don't have anyone else in the house so it's always quiet (except when deebot is pottering around).
I'm not sure I would be bragging about that certificate.
Trooper wrote:

It was because I missed a cut off in a triathlon by 1 second :)
KovacsC wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Likely story, that certificate, plus the tissues, plus the deeply erotic figurine of Einstein.
We know your game.
Trooper wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Likely story, that certificate, plus the tissues, plus the deeply erotic figurine of Einstein.
We know your game.

:DD :DD
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
TheVision wrote:
It looks like they're sold out on Amazon at the moment though so I don't think that's very helpful.
Approximately every webcam is sold out or has gougers charging hundreds for even basic models. I wouldn't be too picky, Kov.

Just seen the price hikes... wow.
Seeing as the benefit will be seen by those you're talking to, I wouldn't bother upgrading. Stick with what you've got.
Trooper wrote:
I've got a logitech c270, which cost me £20 and works just fine.
That's only useful advice if you/Kov can find it in stock anywhere to buy. Go take a look, I'll wait...
I have the same Lego men as you do, Kov.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Trooper wrote:
I've got a logitech c270, which cost me £20 and works just fine.
That's only useful advice if you/Kov can find it in stock anywhere to buy. Go take a look, I'll wait...

:shrug: I answered the question that was asked, don't go changing the requirement on me ;)
TheVision wrote:
Seeing as the benefit will be seen by those you're talking to, I wouldn't bother upgrading. Stick with what you've got.

BOOM
Trooper wrote:
:shrug: I answered the question that was asked, don't go changing the requirement on me ;)
The requirement was clear!

"I am trying to sort my home office out, as we are doing more video conferences. My laptop has a camera but it is not in the best place for my working set up. What webcams do you use or recommend?"
What webcams do you use or recommend?

I answered the question!
TheVision wrote:

:DD :DD
Grim... wrote:
I have the same Lego men as you do, Kov.

The space ones or the ones on my PC
How come my desk one was right and this one is upside down :)
KovacsC wrote:
How come my desk one was right and this one is upside down :)

Um, it's sideways!
It's upside down on a desktop.
Jesus Kov, tidy that desk mate
Sir Taxalot wrote:
Jesus Kov, tidy that desk mate

It is tidy :)
Mike Tyson.

Been working on it for about two weeks. Slowly as parts come in.
Why is it called Mike Tyson, John Coffey?
Because it has a 1 tear-ear-bite hard drive.
Page 113 of 119 [ 5933 posts ]