Company of Heroes
Band of Beexers.
JohnCoffey wrote:
I'll try and find out if I can patch it some more later. Right now I want to look through about ten coverdiscs in the vague hope I can find a video of Fallout 3 that I am sure I had where they were showing the levels being wire frame constructed. It's been doing my head in for months, so I have to do that right away.

I'm sure I wasn't dreaming :S

MYP. YES YES !! :D

Coffey, if fails keep queuing up at your door on this one, then let me know and I'll try burning you the patches and mail you the disk. :)
Isn't there somewhere you can download them?

I went to their site but they always fucking hide them away to save bandwidth.
I linked to some torrents claiming to be the patches earlier, to show how many there were. I think there were a few things from places like Gamershell and Fileplanet(blegh) too.
JohnCoffey wrote:
Oh and also just so yous all know. This isn't patching, it's basically replacing the entire fucking game.

On the one hand, it sucks as you have to download lots. On the other hand, it means you only have to own one form of the game and you can play others with it. Which is a big win in my book.
edit: I quoted the wrong post, but here's an official link.

It's the same torrents you downloda in game, but at least you can do them in the background.
http://cohpatch.relic.com/
90mb one going in now. There may be two more after this but hopefully that oughta do it.
ROFL did it feck.

I got one for 1.4mb and saw this option to use pier to pier which wasn't there before.

So that installed and now I have this.
JohnCoffey wrote:
saw this option to use pier to pier which wasn't there before.

I'm not convinced having the patches delivered by ship will be any quicker.
Craster wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:
Beex: the gift that keeps on giving.
On the fourth day of Christmas, Company of Heroes was delivered to John Coffey in a Pear to Pear tree.
Craster wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:

You've always been known as a friend without pier. I hope you don't bow to pier pressure. Etc.
The patch update is indeed a fecker and I too am glad that I have a steam version.

If you see me on steam just wing me a message and if Im not doing anything then chances are I will have a game.

Dont forget to join steam group to make life simpler.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/beteo
Nnnngh.
Try to login to relic...
Sorry, your password is incorrect.
Can't remember it. Tried every single password that it could be
Forgot password.
"Enter your CD key"
I don't have a cd key, as I bought it from steam, you utter cretins.
Oh, ypu're taking the piss.
CD key in registry fine. Except there's two of them.
Then secret question answer thing, which could have any one of five correct answers.
It eventually tells me I have the right combination, and allows me to change password.
And yet it's still telling me I've typed the password incorrectly.

What the hell is wrong with just sending the password to my registered email account
Ooh, they've now sent me confirmation that I've changed my password.
And it worked. Until I did a test performance thing, and then it chucked me back to the login screen, and refused my password again!

Mr Dave is really very far from impressed.
:(
I hope my steam COH experience isn't as terrible.

I'm wondering if I should uninstall the D2D version before I install steam one.
Well I finished the downloading about 20 mins ago. There were 3 seeds 8)

Just attempted to install them and guess what? it failed, citing I may need to reinstall the game again.

24 hours now. 24 hours I have been fucking around with this game.
So I tried installing the very same updates again in exactly the same way as before when they failed. And they installed. :nerd:

I don't even want to wonder what the fuck's been going on tbh, my head hurts.

But any way guys, I think I am finally in the clear to go ahead and actually play this game now, if I can muster the fuckin' strength :D
JohnCoffey wrote:
So I tried installing the very same updates again in exactly the same way as before when they failed. And they installed. :nerd:

I don't even want to wonder what the fuck's been going on tbh, my head hurts.

But any way guys, I think I am finally in the clear to go ahead and actually play this game now, if I can muster the fuckin' strength :D

Have you ever played before? You should probably play a skirmish first, just incase the game decides to uninstall itself as soon as you enter the field of battle... :)
This is a great thread. Orsum
DavPaz wrote:

It's about to get better :DD

It was only last night at midnight I realised this game isn't a FPS.

To make matters funnier I have never played a RTS in my entire life.

Beex is a bad influence :DD I'd never played a RPG before I got here either. So I'm going to start my training once all the footy is done today.
JohnCoffey wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Beex is a bad influence :DD I'd never played a RPG before I got here either. So I'm going to start my training once all the footy is done today.

Most people who I respect the opinions if reckon it;'s the best RTS. The cut down base building aspect is certainly a draw for me.
However, You'll probably be at least as good as I am.
JohnCoffey wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Didn't you read my review, Coffey? :)

http://uptojump.co.uk/?p=78
NervousPete wrote:
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Didn't you read [...], Coffey? :)

Really, you had to ask? :D
Well on the box for my motherboard it has a pic of a tank and some soldiers. As I was installing it mentioned WW2 so I figured it was a FPS because people said something about teams.

Nevermind. I'm glad I didn't know actually because I doubt I would have installed it at all. Spurs are on the telly today so once they're done playing Aston Villa and the X is over I'll load it up :)
JohnCoffey wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

You bought a game you've never played?! Madness.
Also: Be thankful, COH isn't your standard "build lots of base stuff" type of game. It's not about having a big bass, it's about troops and what you do with them.

I suppose you should do the tutorial. Then play a skirmish or so. I think things will be complicated in your case because you only have Tales of Valor, right? And so you can only use the British or Panzer elite, and those aren't 'normal' playstyles!
Pod wrote:
It's not about having a big bass
Attachment:
doublebass.jpg
Pod wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

You bought a game you've never played?! Madness.
Also: Be thankful, COH isn't your standard "build lots of base stuff" type of game. It's not about having a big bass, it's about troops and what you do with them.

I suppose you should do the tutorial. Then play a skirmish or so. I think things will be complicated in your case because you only have Tales of Valor, right? And so you can only use the British or Panzer elite, and those aren't 'normal' playstyles!

I've got Opposing Fronts.

I didn't buy it they sent me it free with my motherboard (Asus).
Ahh, that's a little more normal then.

Brits are turtles as far as CoH goes, Germans in OF are fast raiders and shock troops. However, even if you do play Brits be aware that CoH punishes turtling, you've got to get out there and secure sectors and be pushing your forward line always. If the enemy has more sectors than you for long enough, they're going to roll over you. You can't defend everything in CoH, so you have to look for choke points and important strategic locations. Perhaps there's a big fuel depot that you know the enemy really needs to go on with their tank building? Get your MG nests and AT guns set up there, with an arty gun in over-watch. You ideally want to be forcing play around map points you've chosen, and keep the enemy away from attacking your base with a mobile reserve.

Just remember, even as the defensive Brits - ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK! I find Bren carriers early on to be effective, and Stuart lite tanks although weak against proper tanks, are murder against armoured cars, MG nests and infantry.
Heh, me Ramsea and Pod just had a super comp-stomp on Hard. They were yanks, I was Brits. Arty and limbs all over the place and a furious fight over one ickle island. Saved the replay it was so awesome, you want to watch Coffey just ask and I'll mail it you. Funniness!
You can get onto the Company of Heroes 2 beta on Steam right now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/231430/

I R INSTALLERISING
Stop playing all these games, what is wrong with you man!
I love RTSs, yo.
Coming to an iPad near you!

https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2020/02/13/com ... ng-to-ipad
Page 2 of 2 [ 85 posts ]