Monkeh has the Munchies and feels sad...
[56k Warn - large images]
Munkeh has no food. He is hungry, and his hunger makes him feel sad:

Wheat Crunchies help quite a lot, they cheer him up.

Flickr
What he really loves the most, though, is Wheat Crunchies and a Muffin...

Flickr
I love you when you've had a tizer.
Toothy Munkeh is disconcerting.
MaliA wrote:
I love you when you've had a tizer.
:DD

I think Munkeh with teeth looks like Dimrill :munkeh:
How very dare you! Just because I have a long tail, it does not make me a monkeh.
Monkeh does not have a tail :munkeh:
Gimp chimp is cooler:

Haha, Meemers is silly.
I made his teeth last night - he wanted to go and show them off by smiling at people in the park.
Who keeps putting 'large images' in the subtitle when the images are now small?

How are people supposed to know it is about cheering Munkeh up step by step?
:(
It's not me, but they are quite large in terms of filesize, y'know.

Not that I agree with the editing. (Again!!) IT'S A VIOLATION, I TELL YOU.
The first picture is too emotionally devestating for me to continue past.

EDIT: Phew! Yay! :munkeh: MUNKEH! MUNKEHHHH!
MrD wrote:
It's not me, but they are quite large in terms of filesize, y'know.

Not that I agree with the editing. (Again!!) IT'S A VIOLATION, I TELL YOU.

Okie - I didn't think the file size was that big, but if you say it is I trust ya. ;)

NervousPete - he made it through in the end :) You have to smile to eat a giant muffin :munkeh:
Mimi wrote:

Me. Obviously I had to do it twice, which was a bit irritating. I also went through each post and changed the image url to point to a photo that wasn't massive.
Let's not forget to be excellent to 56K users.
Mimi wrote:

Then he should be Apeh, or Barbary Macaqueh.
Dimrill wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Then he should be Apeh, or Barbary Macaqueh.

His T-shirt does say 'Chimp', which is what he is, but his name is 'Munkeh'. Monkey is indeed a monkey, though.
Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Me. Obviously I had to do it twice, which was a bit irritating. I also went through each post and changed the image url to point to a photo that wasn't massive.

Wouldn't it better to assign a topic icon or something for warning 56K users. It be a use for the topic icons and saves using up that special 2nd topic line.
Damn these inconsistent names from ITV Digital! *slams fist down on table* I'm going out now to buy a goldfish called Donkey.
Grim... wrote:

LEAVE THE WEAK!
Bluecup wrote:
Wouldn't it better to assign a topic icon or something for warning 56K users.

Aha - exciting topic icons will arrive soon. I'm not sure we have an "LPBs only" one, though, but to be honest that's no use to guests who don't know what the icon means.
your monkeh pails in comparison to my duo of full sized ones :munkeh:

just one pictured here...feel his wrath

I live in the Deep South, and even I have one of these monkeh things stuck to my fridge (via a box of PG Tips sent over by my mum). For the first two days the dog just sat growling at it. I think the cheeky grin on the monkeh irritated my Puggle. I feed the monkeh peanut butter every morning by smearing it across his top lip, keeps him happy and he doesn't raid the pantry looking for my jumbo bag of peanuts. Last time it took three hours to clean up the mess.
Bluecup wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Wouldn't it better to assign a topic icon or something for warning 56K users. It be a use for the topic icons and saves using up that special 2nd topic line.

Yes, especially because subtitles such as the ones for the photography challenge thread can contain important info. The photo URLs have been changed so I'd not really say that there was a danger to any 56k users, anyway, and as that had been done I changed it back to what I originally wanted to say - I can't see that BOTH measures are needed - small pictures and a large picture warning. There are other threads that are more image-laden than this, it seems a bit silly if it isn't consistent, but change the other and then you'll have to change every thread with pictures in it.

Anyway, take this boring talk away from the Munkeh thread...

We have more important matters at hand:

Grim... wrote:
Bluecup wrote:
Wouldn't it better to assign a topic icon or something for warning 56K users.

Aha - exciting topic icons will arrive soon. I'm not sure we have an "LPBs only" one, though, but to be honest that's no use to guests who don't know what the icon means.

Surely a 56k within a red circle with a line though it like a road sign would be pretty clear? Just seems a waste of that second line.
Mimi wrote:
Yes, especially because subtitles such as the ones for the photography challenge thread can contain important info.

Notice that it still does.

Mimi wrote:
There are other threads that are more image-laden than this, it seems a bit silly if it isn't consistent

Pardon me for not having got to the rest of the forum yet.
Bluecup wrote:
Surely a 56k within a red circle with a line though it like a road sign would be pretty clear? Just seems a waste of that second line.

Go on, then.
Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Yes, especially because subtitles such as the ones for the photography challenge thread can contain important info.

Notice that it still does.

Grrrrrrrrr (im...) THAt is what I am saying - there is no consistency

Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:
There are other threads that are more image-laden than this, it seems a bit silly if it isn't consistent

Pardon me for not having got to the rest of the forum yet.

No... (come on, now) what I mean is you can't really go around doing this to every thread as it will just make a mess of things and is pretty impossible to enforce. you are being Mr Difficult. In lieu of a Mr Difficult icon, take this: :nerd:
LaceSensor wrote:

Oh, but you know nothing...
Flickr
Mimi wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:

GOOD LORD THEY ARE BREEDING!
Mimi wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:

now that is just beautiful

massive touché heading your way

do they have names?

mine are: Monkey 1 and Jean-Claude
Pugh, Pugh, Barney, MacGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Thropp
I'm not sure about the concept of "Danger" to 56k users posed by large image files.

It's not like an email attachment where you don't have a choice about downloading it - you can hit "back" if you're not bothered about waiting for it to load, or you can browse with images switched off, or whatever.

It won't, like, tie up your phoneline to your remote shack for hours, beyond your control, while you urgently need to call for an emergency supply of a particular special medicine to be made up to treat your troublingly ill child.

You won't suddenly receive a phonebill for $$millions$$ because someone forgot to scale down that monkey picture.

So I mildly suggest that not bothering with 56k warnings would be the sensible approach. Is there anyone here actually on 56k anyway?

However, it would be helpful if people re-scale things themselves so that they are no more than around 1000 pixels wide, given that they need to fit into a browser window on a variety of things including our new iPhone toys.
I think that threads with just the one moderately big image should be okay, it's just when they're closely repeated on the same page. And we don't get many of them either. So I think Grim...'s okay to attempt this.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't be siding against Mimi here, what with her having a munkeh army! Eek! :o

Anyway, can't we all just simian down a bit? ("You're losing it, and them," - ed.)
LaceSensor wrote:
Mimi wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:

now that is just beautiful

massive touché heading your way

do they have names?

mine are: Monkey 1 and Jean-Claude

hehe - no, they actually belong to a friend of mine. That's Nev down the bottom - he's Monkey's best friend.

Hold on, she's got a great munkeh pic somewhere.
Here they are.

It's a beautiful, natural thing.

hehe.
Mimi wrote:
you are being Mr Difficult. In lieu of a Mr Difficult icon, take this: :nerd:

If I was being difficult, I'd merrily remove all the pictures because they break Flickr's TOS.
Mimi wrote:

hehe - no, they actually belong to a friend of mine. That's Nev down the bottom - he's Monkey's best friend.

Hold on, she's got a great munkeh pic somewhere.

then I take it bac if you dont really own them :o :p
nervouspete wrote:
My fave Munkeh -

Ooh, I know that, my ex housemate had that comic (see Pete! I'm learning about comics! Are you proud?) What is it again?
Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:

If I was being difficult, I'd merrily remove all the pictures because they break Flickr's TOS.

How?
MrD wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:

How?

There's probably an "Internet Fools" clause in there somewhere.
It's something to do with providing a link back to Flickr, I think. I believe that used to be a rule, I don't know if they changed it or not.
And here I was just enjoying some pictures of a stuffed toy with Mimi going mental :(
What is going on now?

I was putting links to Flickr to make sure that no terms and conditions were violated and now I can't edit my posts and some of them have been locked?!

What the?

This is getting stupid.
Mimi wrote:
It's something to do with providing a link back to Flickr, I think.

Indeed.
Flickr wrote:
Remember! Flickr Community Guidelines specify that if you post a Flickr photo on an external website, the photo must link back to its photo page.
Dimrill wrote:
And here I was just enjoying some pictures of a stuffed toy with Mimi going mental :(

Yes, I just wanted to post some funny pictures, I seriously wish I hadn't bothered.

Page 1 of 2 [ 54 posts ]