Be Excellent to Each Other in Manchester - Sat 27th Feb 2010
Im not reading.....
Not Reading either, no.
Craster wrote:
devilman wrote:
Is anyone here actually from Manchester or has it just been picked for being vaguely central to everyone?

Hah. Wasn't the only person from Manchester Plissken, who's now moving to Ireland?

Yes. I can take a hint, you bastards.
Mankfestor eh.

Well, mebbies.
Why not Edinburgh?
Mr Chris wrote:
Why not Edinburgh?

Don't be a twat.
What about Azerbaijahn?
Craster wrote:
What about Azerbaijahn?

Spell it right and we'll do it.
Edinburgh's not hard to get to. Maybe next time, eh?
Oxford is better.
MaliA wrote:
Oxford is better.

The surfing's not too good though.
Mr Chris wrote:

That's my point. This is the Manchester meet thread. Edinburgh would be excellent (perhaps around Fringe time next year).
myp wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

That's my point. This is the Manchester meet thread. Edinburgh would be excellent (perhaps around Fringe time next year).

Oh, I thought you were just being gratuitously offensive.
myp wrote:
Craster wrote:
What about Azerbaijahn?

Spell it right and we'll do it.

Hey, only including the extra 'h' at the end isn't bad off the top of my head.
Despite being from Manchester, I am not in Manchester for any of those dates. October I am in London for the Eurogamer Expo, and the rest of the time I'll be at uni.

However, it's a good excuse to go home for the weekend or whatever, so if it turns out that it's any date other than October, I'll probably be up for it.
Can you ask Barratt if she'll be around? ;)
LewieP wrote:
Despite being from Manchester, I am not in Manchester for any of those dates. October I am in London for the Eurogamer Expo, and the rest of the time I'll be at uni.

However, it's a good excuse to go home for the weekend or whatever, so if it turns out that it's any date other than October, I'll probably be up for it.

Remember to invite Barratt!

edit: bugger!
LewieP wrote:

It almost probably won't be October as I'm in America then and I want to go. ;)
Mr Chris wrote:
Can you ask Barratt if she'll be around? ;)

Ask her yourself :)
I think we should have it in October.
We should pick any date that suits Nirejhenge, wait until he's completely committed and then change our minds and not turn up.
Looks like November is winning so far.
kalmar wrote:
We should pick any date that suits Nirejhenge, wait until he's completely committed and then change our minds and not turn up.

859 Bananas
kalmar wrote:

Boy, you've got mean recently.
Mr Chris wrote:
Why not Edinburgh?

We need DrG to take all our starting coordinates and plot the optimum place for everyone to take into account the travel time involved. If that ends up being Stoke, I apologies in advance.
Sorry Mr Chris!

I was just trying to fit in :metul:
devilman wrote:
We need DrG to take all our starting coordinates and plot the optimum place for everyone to take into account the travel time involved. If that ends up being Stoke, I apologies in advance.
I've pondered this in the past. Factoring in travel time would be hard work but it'd be simple enough to plot everyone's co-ordinates and do a centre-of-gravity calculation.
People like Malc74 would really fuck that up.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
devilman wrote:
I've pondered this in the past. Factoring in travel time would be hard work but it'd be simple enough to plot everyone's co-ordinates and do a centre-of-gravity calculation.

I reckon it would slightly to the North-west of London. Somewhere awesome like Luton ;)
devilman wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:
Why not Edinburgh?

I too would like DocG to do this.

Hang on. I'll have a go.

Right - sophisticated Google Map technology gives us this distribution of BeeXers across the UK. Each red dot is a BeeXer. There's one that looks quite a lot like Zardoz, if you look closely.

Attachment:
beex distribution.PNG

Some really complicated but accurate algorithms will now plot the optimum meeting point in blue.

Attachment:
optimum meeting point.PNG

There you have it - BY SCIENCE.
You've just done that in paint! There isn't even a red dot in Stockton-on-Tees.
OI! Where's my devon red dot! (10 miles east of Plymouth please)

Malc
That looks like a diagram of one of the aliens from The Simpsons. With chickenpox.
Wogan'sTrouserBulge wrote:

How very dare you, sir. That's a top of the range, er... iPhone app. LOOK! A UNICORN!

EDIT - hang on - Stockton on Tees isn't a real place, you kidder.

Shit, if you hadn't brought that to my attention it could've been chaos - I was just about to change the meet to Stroud!
kalmar wrote:
That looks like a diagram of one of the aliens from The Simpsons. With chickenpox.

The UK got back, baby.

Btw, if you are going, shall we get the train together?
myp wrote:

Shit, if you hadn't brought that to my attention it could've been chaos - I was just about to change the meet to Stroud!

I want to be a fly on the wall when Mr Chris explains to the wife that 30 internet nerds are coming to the house. And to make sure there are plenty of duvets in, otherwise myp will be naked.
I can make all the dates, Jan/Feb would suit better since I'm unlikely to be fishing right through the winter. It'd be bloody cold then though.
Mr Chris wrote:
Why not Edinburgh?
I hate Edinburgh :(
LewieP wrote:

Btw, if you are going, shall we get the train together?

That could work, yeah! At least we won't die alone if the train crashes, which is always a bonus.
WullieOoster wrote:
I can make all the dates, Jan/Feb would suit better since I'm unlikely to be fishing right through the winter. It'd be bloody cold then though.
Mr Chris wrote:
Why not Edinburgh?
I hate Edinburgh :(

I like Edinburgh. It smells of Porridge.
Craster wrote:
myp wrote:

I want to be a fly on the wall when Mr Chris explains to the wife that 30 internet nerds are coming to the house. And to make sure there are plenty of duvets in, otherwise myp will be naked.

It was ENTIRELY CLEAR that the blue dot was Cheltenham.
I like Edinburgh. It smells of Gaming Laptops.

FTFY
Mr Chris wrote:

Cheltenham appears to be south of Stroud, in your universe.
Craster wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

Cheltenham appears to be south of Stroud, in your universe.

I'm sorry, I have a cold.
I like Edinburgh. Glasgow is my favourite, but I like Edinburgh.

If it means more people able to make it, then Feb is fine by me.

It smells of fresh brewing beer as well as sicked and wee'ed pavement beer.

Still more pleasant than that London though.
kalmar wrote:

When I lived in Dennistoun I was fairly near the Tennents factory so you drove by it pretty regularly. Kinda got used to the smell.
kalmar wrote:

Yeah it's the brewery that smells of porridge! Lovely stuff!
Page 2 of 66 [ 3284 posts ]