Be Excellent to Each Other in Manchester - Sat 27th Feb 2010
Curiosity wrote:
superdupergill wrote:
Alright then, crates of beer, cider, boxes of wine and bottles of whisky. I feel like im playing 'My grandfathers last shop'.

So now all we need to do is find, what, a 150 bedroom cottage....? Damn.

Bobby and I have stayed (with loads of friends) in a couple of 20 (or is it two ten) bedroom cottages in the countryside near Derby.

They're so ace that about twenty of us played sardines in them, and numerous games and variations on 'Hide & Seek'. They're enormous. Plus they have a snooker table. And grass on which football was played. And several tellyboxes.

*scratches chin*

I know that this thread is going to seperate the sensible beexers from the ones who get totally carried away but I want to do this!!
myp wrote:
I can't wait for my ice cream.

*Bags up a 'Mr Whippy'*
*sends Next Day delivery*
I'm not reading 6 pages.

My preference is end of January. But I'd go for end of November or February.
I generally rely on the cheap lodgings in Nottinghams, so you'll have to sign me off this one.
Has the accomodation been decided on?
Mr Chris wrote:

We're all kipping at Albino's flat. That way Zardoz can pick up his copy of Dead Space.
myp wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

We're all kipping at Albino's flat. That way Zardoz can pick up his copy of Dead Space.

Excellent.
This has been decided without my knowledge, it should be pointed out. I'm not sure how many I can hold, and I'm not actually in Manchester, I'm in Stockport, but I am willing to take guests to some degree. It depends on how much discomfort they can bear in the name of saving monies really.
Don't forget to give Zardoz his copy of Dead Space. If you've lost it, you'll have to buy a new one.
Spoke to Jen, she says Feb. So I say Feb.
superdupergill wrote:
Spoke to Jen, she says Feb. So I say Feb.

Sense talker
That's why she's the boss.
I might beable to do feb..
Well they're all pretty even apart from October. I'll give it another day and then make a decision. Is there anyone who definitely can't make February?
Dunno - it's like.....next year, and shit!
Yes, that's the only thing that concerns me - that it's so far away that Mr Chris will completely forget about it and not turn up people will lose interest.
He's not going to turn up anyway, what's the point in bothering
I was thinking that as well but it gives us something to look forward to, with that much notice we should all make it and I think it should be good!
I can make it to that one.

So you'll pick November, won't you. You bastards.
myp wrote:
Is there anyone who definitely can't make February?

It perhaps would have made more sense to make the vote 'vote for the ones you can't come to'.
HINDSIGHT IS 20/20 GRIMOTHY!
Unless you have alzheimers.
myp wrote:
20/20 sight is actually mathematically average.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
myp wrote:
20/20 sight is actually mathematically average.

Yeah, but the saying doesn't go 'hindsight is 20/5', does it?
myp wrote:
Yeah, but the saying doesn't go 'hindsight is 20/5', does it?
IT IS TECHNICALLY INCORRECT. THE WORST KIND OF INCORRECT.
And if you want to play the "everyone says it so it's OK" card we're going to have a serious talk about the signs in every Tesco branch that say "10 items or less".
Waitrose: 10 items or fewer
Sainsburys: 10 items or less
Asda: Baskets
Tesco is "Baskets only".
Grim... wrote:
Tesco is "Baskets only".

Does that make Gaywood technically incorrect?
Technically and non-technically - technically the worst kind of wrong!
I'll have forgotten about this by February, and probably been evicted too.

Does Asda/Tesco specify a limit on the number of baskets? Could you legitimately carry a basket laden with goods in each hand through those checkouts?
Mr Chris wrote:
Pod wrote:
Manchester is the best city in Englang. Much better than that "London".

[citation needed]

FIRST THE WORST, SECOND THE BEST, MR CHRIS HAS A HAIRY CHEST.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_cit ... ed_Kingdom
Birmingham's the second city. Since when has there been a debate about that?
Grim... wrote:

That's what I thought, too.
Hahaha that Wikipedia page just lists a bunch of reasons why Manchester isn't the second city, but tries to appeal the wrong-heads that think otherwise by saying things like "nearly" and "close" :)
Grim... wrote:

Since Manchester United started doing well again.
Grim... wrote:

Since people who think that can't accept that they are wrong.
Pod wrote:
MR CHRIS HAS A HAIRY CHEST.

That bit's true, at least.
I would struggle with Feb, Darryl is 18 on the 28th.
Sooo, do we have a decision then?
Ange wrote:
Sooo, do we have a decision then?

Of course not. And we need to talk to you about dolphins again!
Oh yeah. Ummm, it all seems a much of a muchness between November and January. How about January?
myp wrote:
Oh yeah. Ummm, it all seems a much of a muchness between November and January. How about January?

Hmm - won't we all be poor?
myp wrote:

Aye, not my first choice, but if it works for most...

And Grimster makes a good point about cashflow
Grim... wrote:
myp wrote:

Hmm - won't we all be poor?

So October's out, January we'll be poor. That leaves November and February. Shall I do a new poll? ;)
MrDavPaz wrote:
myp wrote:

Isn't the whole point of the date-choices that we'll just have been paid? Surely that (almost) negates the post-xmas empty wallet syndrome?

I'm leaning for either date in 2009, 2010 is a long ways off and I'll probably have lost interest in you lot by then if you haven't made me a mod by New Year.
Quote:
In a recent survey commissioned by the BBC North West investigating the subject of the "'Second city' of England", 48% of 1,000 people said that Manchester deserves the distinction, with 40% choosing Birmingham.

Well wouldn't more people in manchester choose manchester...

Surely doing a poll in london or over the whole country would give more impartial results.
nickachu wrote:
Quote:
In a recent survey commissioned by the BBC North West investigating the subject of the "'Second city' of England", 48% of 1,000 people said that Manchester deserves the distinction, with 40% choosing Birmingham.

Well wouldn't more people in manchester choose manchester...

Surely doing a poll in london or over the whole country would give more impartial results.

Quote:
In a recent survey commissioned by BBC London investigating the subject of the "'Second city' of England", 98% of 1,000 people said "There's another city?".
TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
MrDavPaz wrote:
myp wrote:

Isn't the whole point of the date-choices that we'll just have been paid?

That only works if you're paid at the end of the month, rather than on the first.
Page 4 of 66 [ 3284 posts ]