Be Excellent to Each Other in Manchester - Sat 27th Feb 2010
What's there to see and do in Manchster then? Last time I was there I visited an industrial museum with working steam engines, and the Apple store, and walked past there the Hacienda is/was.
superdupergill wrote:
When I lived in Dennistoun I was fairly near the Tennents factory so you drove by it pretty regularly. Kinda got used to the smell.
The Tennents brewery isn't too bad compared to the unholy stench that comes from the distillery next to Tynecastle (Hearts' stadium).
Going by previous BETEO outings, we find a decent pub and ensconce there until we're all quite pissed, however, if we can find something to do during the day first, that'd be excellent.
Dont forget pubs and the curry mile. There's a Gaming Exhibition on at the Urbis too, think it runs until end of Sep.
Zardoz wrote:
think it runs until end of Sep.

Well, that's no good then, is it?
There is also the imax, and a nice pub a few minutes from it. Which is also near the Urbis, where the (honestly not all that great) games exhibition is.

Like, the games exhibition is OK, but no way near worth the £3 they want to get in. It is basically just a bunch of games in a room. With mostly broken controllers.
LewieP wrote:

Like, the games exhibition is OK, but no way near worth the £3 they want to get in. It is basically just a bunch of games in a room. With mostly broken controllers.

I can stay at home and get all that.
We should totally just book a huge cottage and take crates of beer and bottles of whisky.

Then the forum serial killer will enjoy it as well.
myp wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
think it runs until end of Sep.

Well, that's no good then, is it?

Not for the meet, no. I was just saying.
superdupergill wrote:
We should totally just book a huge cottage and take crates of beer and bottles of whisky.

Vote: kalmar
superdupergill wrote:

Tsk... no wine?
superdupergill wrote:

This is an ace idea. I've often wanted to try out a real-life version of Mafia Scum.
devilman wrote:
superdupergill wrote:

Tsk... no wine?
Ange drank it all ;)
Grim... wrote:
superdupergill wrote:

This is an ace idea. I've often wanted to try out a real-life version of Mafia Scum.

ZOMG that would be awesome. Ok, crates of beer, boxes of wine and bottles of whisky.
It would be a little suss when small groups of people scuttle off into corners to select targets.
Why am I not allowed Cider?
Because it makes you slaggy.
LewieP wrote:
Why am I not allowed Cider?

Because you're a mean drunk.
There is a bloody excellent six bedroom farmhouse in Cartmel that a group of us stayed in. The only place anywhere within a mile was the pub. Which was the CAMRA pub of the year.
Plissken wrote:
There is a bloody excellent six bedroom farmhouse in Cartmel that a group of us stayed in. The only place anywhere within a mile was the pub. Which was the CAMRA pub of the year.

Christ - of all the shitty luck.
Alright then, crates of beer, cider, boxes of wine and bottles of whisky. I feel like im playing 'My grandfathers last shop'.

So now all we need to do is find, what, a 150 bedroom cottage....? Damn.
If anyone could be bothered organising a meet in London, towards the end of september, I'd consider it. But thats not going to happen, and I can't justify the cost of going to Manchester with my other plans around that time.
Riles wrote:
If anyone could be bothered organising a meet in London, towards the end of september, I'd consider it. But thats not going to happen, and I can't justify the cost of going to Manchester with my other plans around that time.

Grim... wrote:
Riles wrote:

So have we vagued this up any yet?
Malabar Front wrote:
If there's ever a BeEx meet close enough to here, I'll make a load of different flavours of ice cream and bring them along.
I might be able to come to this meet-up, now that finally free from the sbackles of oppression that is university. Although I need a job because im skint.
superdupergill wrote:
So have we vagued this up any yet?

I'll leave it a couple of days until we have a clear winner. If not, I'll pick a date arbitrarily. ;)
superdupergill wrote:
Alright then, crates of beer, cider, boxes of wine and bottles of whisky. I feel like im playing 'My grandfathers last shop'.

So now all we need to do is find, what, a 150 bedroom cottage....? Damn.

Bobby and I have stayed (with loads of friends) in a couple of 20 (or is it two ten) bedroom cottages in the countryside near Derby.

They're so ace that about twenty of us played sardines in them, and numerous games and variations on 'Hide & Seek'. They're enormous. Plus they have a snooker table. And grass on which football was played. And several tellyboxes.

*scratches chin*
Please let's do that.
And the calculated BeeX centre is near Derby. Uncanny, really.
Here is where we stayed: Cottages!
Fetch us the finest cakes known to humanity.
Never mind that, you're planning on going to a remote cottage, with Zardoz, and it's called "Nether Burrows".

Hello.
You'll hardly know I'm there.
Once you have drank the brew.
Where the fooking hell are ya Zardosh?
\
I was hoping that the rule about Zardoz only being allowed to these things in photographic form was still being enforced.
You look cleaner than I imagined Wullie.
Zardoz wrote:
You look cleaner than I imagined Wullie.
That's not me, I don't drink any of that foreign shite.
Here's me
Have it in November, that's by far the best month in Manchester.
We have at least one poster who is mentally based on the planet Zog, so that should displace things a few miles, oooh, south west.
Mr Chris wrote:
We have at least one poster who is mentally based on the planet Zog, so that should displace things a few miles, oooh, south west.

smock smock smock
MrDavPaz wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

smock smock smock

Your meaning is not entirely transparent, sir, but I have gleaned enough to be offended. I demand pistols at dawn. Name your second, sir.
EDIT -

*sound of one pence piece hitting the floor*
*echo*

Bugger.
superdupergill wrote:
Malabar Front wrote:
If there's ever a BeEx meet close enough to here, I'll make a load of different flavours of ice cream and bring them along.

Fuck.
I can't wait for my ice cream.
Mr Chris wrote:
MrDavPaz wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

smock smock smock

Your meaning is not entirely transparent, sir, but I have gleaned enough to be offended. I demand pistols at dawn. Name your second, sir.

07:21:32
Please see edit.
EDIT - ha.
Page 3 of 66 [ 3284 posts ]