Xbox 360 region coding
UK/Australia
A friend is off to live in Australia later this year but wants to get a 360 before he goes as they're much cheaper over here apparently. Will he be able to buy games in Oz and use them on his British 360? I assume you can as they're both PAL but wanted to check.
If they're both PAL then I can't see it being an issue.
Cheers, that's what I figured.

Also, I don't remember ever playing against any Australians over Live. Is this just because of the time difference or does it not match you against them because it gets a bit laggy?
The game regions will be the same, the DVD regions will not.

In practice a really good proportion of Aussi DVDs are R2 and 4 though.
A surprising amount of 360 games are actually region free, it's mainly EA who are clinging to region-locking.

A mate of mine had a Japanese 360 (he was living in Tokyo during the launch) that recently red-ringed on him, and he ended up having to replace it with a UK 360. Of his 30 or so Japanese games, he had to replace skate. and Burnout Paradise with UK copies, and that was about it.
they should work I remember questor off the old forum buying NHl 2k7 off me and I noticed him playing it on xbox live so thats my evidence.
Glass Museum wrote:
A surprising amount of 360 games are actually region free, it's mainly EA who are clinging to region-locking.

A touch irritating really given the ONE time I've really wanted to import something, it was EA.
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]