Borderlands
as it has no thread of its own
I am loving this game :)
The main quest is enjoyable but gets a bit repetitive after a while. Good fun on 4-player co-op
gospvg wrote:
The main quest is enjoyable but gets a bit repetitive after a while. Good fun on 4-player co-op but again it gets repetitive after a while.

FTFM
Pounding a length into your mum gets repetitive after a while.
You need to mix it up a little, your Mum always keeps it interesting for me.
I honestly can't imagine what was going through these fuckheads minds when they came up with the achievements for the New Revolution DLC.

The DLC has about two hours worth of gameplay. Is just a handful of quests and side-quests. Nothing particularly exciting.

The achvs however are a different story. You have to collect various items by shooting claptraps. The required items go from very rare (3D glasses) to ridiculously rare (claptrap bobbleheads).

The low drop rate of these items means it'll take 20+ hours to get enough of them for the achvs. Completely joyless gameplay.

Gearbox are horrible bastards.
Stop fucking doing it, guy!
Malabelm wrote:
Stop fucking doing it, guy!

I know I know!

But I can't leave a previously maxed game unmaxed!

Apart from FIFA 09 which can fuckity off and Fable 2 (brilliant 1000, horrible collect-oh DLC).
Shit game anyway without that.

Was only the fact that Dimrill, Dave and Perkies dragged me through it that I ever saw the end of the main game.
The teaser stuff being released about Borderlands 2 has inspired me to do another run-through on the first one. It really is good fun.
It's the gaming equivalent of eating a dry cracker when you're not really that hungry.

Only fun when your playing with either: Naked Pizza Grim... or Curly, Larry and Moe Dimrill, Dave and Perkies.
I'm never that hungry after I've been eating your mum's dry cracker.
I bought this after everyone on here bummed it. Couldn't be arsed to play it after an hour or so. Deserty meh. If I'd played it before Fallout 3, Red Dead and New Vegas, I might've been more forgiving. I'll give it another bash one day.
I bought Crasters mum after everyone on here bummed her. Couldn't be arsed to play with her after an hour or so. Deserty minge. If I'd played her before DavPaz's Mum, Kissyfur's Mum and Mr Dave's Mum, I might've been more forgiving. I'll give her another bash one day.
My mum's always much more fun 4-player co-op.
Yeah, but Dimrill always rushes off on his own and shouts out spoilers.
I had too many complaints about Borderlands to bother getting excited about a new one. They'll have to do something spectacular to get me interested this time.
I had very little in the way of complaints, frankly. It was simple and fun, and had an uncomplicated loot reward mechanic. Increase the variety of bad guys, and I'm all over it.

Also, the new one looks unbelievably pretty.
Zardoz wrote:

There are spoilers in Borderlands?
No, in Crasters Mums gusset.
I still have this, unplayed. If I can find the spare time and someone to play it with, I'd be up for a go.
Curiosity wrote:
I still have this, unplayed. If I can find the spare time and someone to play it with, I'd be up for a go.

If you can find spare time then really don't waste it on Borderlands.
Love it one of my favourite games this generation. I have always played multiplayer either local co-op or online 4-player.

Lots of screen shots & a leaked gameplay footage of Borderlands 2

Borderlands 2 will be a day 1 purchase for me.
Zardoz wrote:

You need to play together as a team , it makes the game much more fun rather than playing your own single player experience in multiplayer.
Alberto wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

If you can find spare time then really don't waste it on Borderlands.

I've wasted 170 hours on it so far & loved every minute of it.
Mr Dave wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Not really but sharing loot can be the most difficult part to decide on. I tend to leave it all to evryone else to pick up & just buy whatever guns I need from the shops.
gospvg wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

You need to play together as a team , it makes the game much more fun rather than playing your own single player experience in multiplayer.

Tell that to, Dimrill. And tell him I miss him too.
gospvg wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Not really but sharing loot can be the most difficult part to decide on. I tend to leave it all to evryone else to pick up & just buy whatever guns I need from the shops.

I so rarely found a gun better than what I already had. So much so that most of the way through the second playthrough, I'm still using guns I picked up half way through the first.

Kinda disappointing.
Zardoz wrote:
gospvg wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Tell that to, Dimrill. And tell him I miss him too.

I had fun and much hilarity tonight playing Magicka with a Dimrill and a Perkies.

If you were around, I'd have invited you in.
Mr Dave wrote:
I had fun and much hilarity tonight playing Magicka with a Dimrill and a Perkies.

If you were around, I'd have invited you in.

*Googles "Magicka 360"*

8) I might get some points for that there game.
Please close your inverted commas!
Fixed.

It's not a 360 game either.
I bought the original Borderlands on Steam last night.

It got a GOTY Remastered/Enhanced release a few days ago (XB1/PS4/PC). The original GOTY edition has been out forever of course, but they've given it a few new shinies and better textures and a few tweaks here and there to gameplay systems to make them a bit smoother. (Can't comment on how effective they are since I've never seen or played it in its original form.)

I didn't really know what to expect but immediately found myself very much enjoying it. The writing isn't as clever as BL2 but it's better than I was expecting, and gameplay wise it's very much like BL2.

The world design is much more constrained (I wouldn't go as far as to say 'corridor shooter' but definitely a long way from BL2), but I didn't feel it much suffered as a result.

Not sure how much it is on consoles but on PC it's only £24.99, which seems quite bargainous to me.

If you want MOAR BORDERLANDS and haven't played this before, I'd say give it a go, since there are six months to wait for BL3!
Why done have two topics on borderlands? Can't we stick to one?
Judging by the title, this is the general borderlands thread, we seem to be missing a specific borderlands 1 thread and a specific borderlands 3 thread.
What about the pre sequel and the GOTY editions? Should we have specific threads for each console too? ;)
TheVision wrote:
What about the pre sequel and the GOTY editions? Should we have specific threads for each console too? ;)

No, don’t be stupid
I think these sound like magnificent ideas, and that I should be appointed to police all of these new threads with a fist of iron justice, except when I fuck it up myself, of course.
I played more of this last night, it's definitely rougher around the edges than BL2, but it has a different sort of charm about it as a result.

The loot is a bit all over the place, with the vending machines routinely offering me total junk and/or stuff that's levels higher than me, and then I had a tough quest giving a reward that's several levels lower than me. (Even though I was on level for the quest.)

Also, at one point I was really quite short of quests and had to start grinding mobs on my way between locations just to get enough XP to level up to where I could take the next campaign quest on.

Then I had a weapons drought so used a golden key (you get 75 keys to start with in the version of the game I've bought), and got a splendid on-level legendary shotgun which enabled me to make some progress through an area that I literally couldn't manage with the weapons and gear I had. (The Badasses in this game really are Badasses, I proper had to kite one of them for a while whilst taking pot shots at it.)

The game also has a bit more of a mournful feel to it than BL2, with a very nice soundtrack that adds to the sense it's just you against a seriously crazy, hostile world.

Would definitely recommend giving it a look in its new GOTY Remastered format if you haven't played it before and like BL2.
Page 19 of 19 [ 939 posts ]