Borderlands
as it has no thread of its own
It seems to me that you are enjoying it too much, too soon.

Just think on.
Yes. No doubt when we play he'll lead us on a whirlwind tour of the entire planet with his level 500 super-fusion character (who is a huge, wiry, half-black hermaphrodite with maroon hair, effectively a combination of all four characters) and then declare he's bored of it all.

Dimrill, get Dragon Age, it'll slow you down sufficiently for the rest of us to catch up with you.
Or at least Oblivion.
PAH! Edge gave it 6/10. STUPID FUCKERS.
Did they say it was just Fallout 3 with funny graphics and co-op?
Get with the program grandad.
Mr Chris wrote:

I don't understand what the word 'just' is doing in that sentence. It makes no sense.
Craster wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

I don't understand what the word 'just' is doing in that sentence. It makes no sense.

I did think that after writing it, to be honest.

I'd buy this when it gets to £20 if I thought any of you would still be playing it. I made that mistake with L4D.
I shall paraphrase the Edge review.

"All you do is go on fetch quests, shoot things and then squint at the menu screens trying decide which guns to keep. 6/10"
Mr Chris wrote:
Craster wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

I did think that after writing it, to be honest.

I'd buy this when it gets to £20 if I thought any of you would still be playing it. I made that mistake with L4D.

One thing to note: Me and Dims do tend to stick with fun coop games (Halo, Burny P etc)

I refused to buy L4D, Dims didn't seem overly keen on it, particulary as everyone wanted to play vs.
You can listen to the other boys too Mr Dave. Don't let him bully you.
The Edge review very much reads like he didn't get much past level 20. Waster.
Mr Dave wrote:
I refused to buy L4D, Dims didn't seem overly keen on it, particulary as everyone would prefer to play co-op but felt uncomfortable telling the fifth person to turn up they couldn't play, so we played versus instead even though we felt it was inferior.
FTFmany of us.
Dimrill wrote:
The Edge review very much reads like he didn't get much past level 20. Waster.

It would have taken away precious cafe time away, for him to sit with his equally black turtlenecked-friends and discuss the post modernism of Bayonetta.
MetalAngel wrote:
Bayonetta.

gentille Bayonetta?
Lets get a co-op game going:

Level 20 Soldier
Lvl 7 Siren and Hunter.

Would have got Berzerker up to lvl 7 as well, but he starts with the crappest shotgun in the world.

(Lvl 7 is roughly after you beat Nine-Toes, so you should have some decent lootzors and shields and stuff)
will join you once I've finished this mission. Lvl 15 but need to do that level 18 guy smith or whatever he is called.
probably best for me to join you then.
Come on everybody, Borderlands!
I'll join games, just send us an invite.

I just spent 3k 'respecing' my hunter, and I put all his points into Kes.

You'ld like it Dimmers - I've lots of skills that make stuff to drop extra presents.

Talking of presents I found a magnum with a scope on it (much like the fallout one actually) and it does 180 damage! (my best sniper does 120 for comparison (i'm level 18))

On chambers two bullets but I've quick hands so it reloads quicko.

It. Is. Ace.
Not sure you are on my friendslist, Lave :/

Good fun just now for my multiplayer cherry poppin' with Sir Morte and Pundabaya - crept up three levels and polished off a couple of missions I'd been leaving to one side in order to not get too dead too often. The extent to which I can define the type of killing machine I become is quite extraordinary, unused as I am to playing what is effectively a grindy game. Glad it's so much fun, though I'm finding now with gun choice aplenty I'm struggling to have three I really like. Can't wait for my fourth slot though, even so.
Sorry I didn't join in tonight, chaps. I want to get through a bit of the game solo before I start charging around with everyone else.
Yep, that was a good sesh with Mr GY and Pundy. I'm now thinking that the Brick fellow is the easiest class with his 'go psycho and get all your health back' power, in addition to the perks to increase shields and max health. His 'go nuts and laugh like a lunatic' power is not to be sniffed at either.

Sniff ye not.
Dr Lave wrote:
I'll join games, just send us an invite.

I just spent 3k 'respecing' my hunter, and I put all his points into Kes.

You'ld like it Dimmers - I've lots of skills that make stuff to drop extra presents.

Talking of presents I found a magnum with a scope on it (much like the fallout one actually) and it does 180 damage! (my best sniper does 120 for comparison (i'm level 18))

On chambers two bullets but I've quick hands so it reloads quicko.

It. Is. Ace.

My main char is a Hunter, currently level 23. Being a sneaky sneak head popper suits me.
Odin curse you Mothrakk! *shakes fist at the heavens*
I found an awesome new sniper rifle last night, so sold my old one. Then noticed the new one was for level 19 and above. I'm level 14. Bother.
You could have used the "buyback" option on the vender you sold it at. Of course, that option disaperates once you quit and reload.
I'm not sure if I've found another bugged quest. It's a scavenger type of quest ie find the four components. The first two were exactly where the way points suggested, the third seems to be inside a piece of random scenery and I can't for the life of me find the piece. Even so far as using the map to stand dead on the waypoint I can't find it.

It's this quest;
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Sniper Salvage: the components are in a bandit camp
about level 12 ish

Anybody else have a similar problem?
The Egg wrote:
I'm not sure if I've found another bugged quest. It's a scavenger type of quest ie find the four components. The first two were exactly where the way points suggested, the third seems to be inside a piece of random scenery and I can't for the life of me find the piece. Even so far as using the map to stand dead on the waypoint I can't find it.

It's this quest;
about level 12 ish

I did, until
I noticed the arrows pointing up to the roof of the hut on the upper level.
This still hasn't even been in my Xbox, and I've owned it since Friday. I blame real world stuff and Forza 3.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
This still hasn't even been in my Xbox, and I've owned it since Friday. I blame real world stuff and Forza 3.

I'm so glad I didn't get Forza 3. I nearly, nearly got it at the same as Borderlands, but then decided it was more sensible to just get one game and leave the credit in my account for another game at a later date. (Probably Assassin's Creed 2, I reckon.)
The Rev Owen wrote:
The Egg wrote:

It's this quest;
about level 12 ish

I did, until
I noticed the arrows pointing up to the roof of the hut on the upper level.

Ah, I've been there. I couldn't have looked hard enough. Must have got distracted by the shiney loot.

Thanks chap
Note to self - pay attention to monster levels. It was a little bit of a shock when I entered Arid Hills and it suddenly took 4 shots to drop a Skag Whelp instead of one.

Also, the vehicle is absolutely brilliant fun.
The monsties don't scale, do they?
No, but ones in a different area are often a higher level.
...and you tend to get the larger more aggressive types, such as when I was doing the Shock Crystal quest and had polished off a bunch of skags only to be then attacked by a 'Badass Corrosive Alpha' skag and all his mates. It didn't end well.
I want this game, what is the cheapest people have it for thus far?
£35 in Asda, I paid.
I paid £39.99 for it, but that's because I was trading in.
The Egg wrote:

It's this quest;
about level 12 ish

The waypoints from the 2nd scavenger onwards only point in the vague area that they're in. The part you want I suspect is the scope which is:

Go all the way to the top of ramps and turn right to the hut on the end of the walkway. The scope's behind it.

They make you look, rather than handhold you through it.
Odd. They pointed right to each bit for me. Unlike the lost cave, which just has one waypoint right in the middle of the atrium.
right I think I might get this today.

Do you think a combination of world at war and fable 2 will get me at least 30 quid off? I;ve got lips without mics I could chuck in aswell buut I can imagine much for that. Oh and guitar hero 2 and 3.
Dimrill wrote:
The Egg wrote:

It's this quest;
about level 12 ish

The waypoints from the 2nd scavenger onwards only point in the vague area that they're in. The part you want I suspect is the scope which is:

Go all the way to the top of ramps and turn right to the hut on the end of the walkway. The scope's behind it.

They make you look, rather than handhold you through it.

Thanks chap, agree with the handholding part of that too. It just seemed odd that the first two waypoints took me to the exact location, expecting the third to be the same I was focussed on that spot rather than having a sniff around in the braoder area

I shall remember that for the futures.

Did find a sniper rifle in a box that did 237 damage, not bad to be wielding at these lowly levels (circa 12 ish)
RIGHT THEN.

I am starting this game tonight. Would medicy Roland or sneaky Lillith be of more use to our little family?
I thought Dave was gonna be Brick! So he could go 'HOOGA HOOGA! YAAARGH GIBBER! HOOBAJOOBAWAAAAAARGH!'
Having seen the difference it makes fighting a monster 1 level above you and 1 level below you, I'm worried about co-op. Do you have to keep your levels the same in order to prevent it being either punishingly difficult for someone or tediously easy for someone else?
You're all cunts.

Xbox owning cunts, to be precise.

I've been thinking about purchasing a 360 for some Forza goodness, but I'll have to pick this up too I reckon (really don't see the point in getting it on PS3 if I'm going to be missing out on bezzie goodness). That's going to be one fucking expensive purchase. Near Christmas too!

Cunts, the lot of you.
Page 5 of 19 [ 939 posts ]