So this is where you've all slinked off to.
AKA What the hell happened?
So I have a couple of months holiday, buy a house and wait patiently until my broadband connection to become activated. Then, checking in on my favourite on-line read, World of Stuart, I discover that:

a) Only a few people are posting each day;
b) I can't post anymore;
c) I have to "pay" to post;
d) There's a mysterious abridged thread discussing (b) & (c).

Thankfully, I have a message from CUS to go to 'beex' where I see you lot, the life and soul (and content) of the WoS party, have branched out.

So I'm wondering if someone could give me the unabridged version, in the privacy of this public forum, as to why exactly we're here, why Stu has refused accept any offers of help to assist in the running his forum, and why it seems that the world is scraping for every single penny they can get out of each other etc?
Ah Ian, nice to see you around again. Yeah, the world's gone mad.
Ian Aris wrote:
So I'm wondering if someone could give me the unabridged version, in the privacy of this public forum, as to why exactly we're here, why Stu has refused accept any offers of help to assist in the running his forum, and why it seems that the world is scraping for every single penny they can get out of each other etc?

Stu got pissed off with life in general and demanded 6p a day for forum access. This was because the forum was a big drain on his time# and he has no money*. People complained. He refused to back down, it all got nasty so we all buggered off to a forum that CUS had previously setup to post random crap on.

Stu, backed down slightly, so people could still post in WoS but it was rather late in the day as he'd annoyed a large number of people and we'd all buggered off.

Meanwhile, we didn't want to be on Invision Free so our new sinister overlords setup this splendid new forum on it's own domain.

There's alot more to it than that, but lets not rake over the coals eh?

# As you can see, our current mods are having to work flat out. There was a 3000% workload increase yesterday when I asked to have two topics merged. It's a wonder that they even get to do anything other than modding!

* Although enough money to be able to consider getting a Jesusphone apparently.
That's a pretty kind short version of it yes.
WoS: The Unabridged Series.

No card games, but plenty of stupid dialogue.
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]