This Song's For You
individual songs you love
I like songs. This week, I have been mostly listening to Cloudbusting by Kate Bush, as far as songs go. Not as far as albums, musical preference, artists, or what Frank, the official BETEO/BEEX whelk prefers. Just as one song that I have been listening to lots and lots lately, and loving more than ever, and really just had to make mention of. Look, here's a Youtube video of it and everything - it's the (lesser) single version alas, but that should just make you go out and buy "Hounds of Love" if you don't already have it.

Drawn & Quartered - Orgiastic Feast of Excremental Blasphemy

Did I just hijack this thread and turn it into a common-or-garden YouTube one? I think I just hijacked this thread and turned it into a common-or-garden YouTube one.
Is that an individual song that you have recently been listening to lots and enjoying? If so, you're safe. If not, I'm literally going to close this board and murder your cat.
I love this tune, feline felon!

(I don't like cats much, as it happens.)
Current favourite song - Steve Earle - Over Yonder (Jonathon's Song)
There is nothing about this song that I do not love

(oh, and ignore the video - it was the least obtrusive I could find)
cLOUDDEAD - 'The Teen Keen Skip.'

Stupidly pretty, awesomely abstract, completely bonkers shoegazery hippety-hop.

Shoe-hop.
I LOVE cLOUDDEAD.
Mimi wrote:
(oh, and ignore the video - it was the least obtrusive I could find)

That is, all things told, pretty unobtrusive.
Yes, I mean it has nothing to do with the song but the others were more distracting.
Something I've been listening to a lot lately - the radios fault.

Mimi - it tells me your vid there is no longer available.
I'm pretty addicted to this. Nice gothic grime. Brap!

Ghetto - Commandments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC2c6tkX8OY
Mimi wrote:
Yes, I mean it has nothing to do with the song but the others were more distracting.

I was more refering to the "This video is no longer available" message.

As with the subsequent video.
Oh :(

maybe I linked it wrong - never used the youtube linked thing before.

I mean the video here
I can see Mimi's video fine on this page :?: For those who don't know, do it a bit like this (you'll need to do some cutting and pasting here, so ask a parent if there's one around):

Code:
[youtube]782ghn8[/youtube]
Man, I love Morbid Angel, but all of their videos are rubbish. And not even in a funny way. :(
I like em all except Blessed Are The Sick :DD
Currently, I am thoroughly enjoying this again for some reason:

Ignore shit half-arsed video, kthxbye.
Everyone! Set off 'Where the Slime Live' and 'Sesame's Treet' at the same time! It's awesome!
White Room by Cream. It is not a song that ages or tires. Every single time you hear it, you will rock your head and move to the beat, and want to walk triumphantly in slow motion past the camera, having overcome all obstacles and vanquished your nemesis. Every time.

We Only Come Out At Night by Smashing Pumpkins. I don't like a lot of their stuff, but the lyrics to this (aside from the chorus, which I think is the least effective part of the song) make me go "yes! That!" in a really pretentious and vain way.
I Was Born To Love You by Queen is the best song they never really did.

This is on heavy rotation on the iPod at the moment though; I Like Trucks by Kendle Carson.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_MdVPqDQeRE
Davydd Grimm wrote:
Everyone! Set off 'Where the Slime Live' and 'Sesame's Treet' at the same time! It's awesome!

That actually does mostly work, too! 8) Set off Sesame's Treet then scroll back up and set off Where The Slime Live - and then watch that. Spookily seamless in parts. Well done Mr. Grimm!
I expect I'm going to be soundly thrashed for this, but I cannot get enough of Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol.

Oh, GazChap... :'(
I've been loving Gonzales' new album. Kinda lounge funk or something. I dunno. But I like it.

But it's hard to find the original version on youtube but here's a live version (on a french show):

or there is the much worse remix which has a good video:

Oh oh Working Together! Oh Oh Living Together! Oh Oh Dying Together! Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Ohoh!

CUS - Youtubeified. In between the youtube code words, put the bit after the '=' sign of the URL.

someone sent me this song on a compilation this week and i keep going back to it, it's by Salim Nourallah.

and i've been enjoying some Pilotdrift too.
While mooching around the moo boob I found this rather splendid cover of my favourite DK song

Shewolf wrote:
Something I've been listening to a lot lately - the radios fault.

No longer available - are we killing You Tube?

And on the Morbid Angel vidz tip: 'God of Emptiness' is a great video.

A great video.
Youtube just sucks, that's all lol

It's Pink - U and ur hand, easy to find.
throughsilver wrote:
And on the Morbid Angel vidz tip: 'God of Emptiness' is a great video.

As is Rapture, but as a song I prefer Where the Slime Live.
'Enshrined By Grace' is great, for Trey's Quake III guitar and the cheesey fire effect.
Bloody hell, I don't think I've even heard a Morbz song since... since Quake 1 was out probably.
Trey met his wife on QIII, apparently. Explains why t'Angel are shit now, he needs to get off the games and write some good songs.
I'm loving how every thread about music on here is getting hijacked by the forum moshers :D HAHA, good work men. :hat:

But, I will post my favourite dance track of all time, Papua New Guinea by FSOL, which I listen too in some way shape or form often so it counts in this thread. This track almost makes me cry each and every time I hear it, it is just so utterly beautiful.

Sums up everything wonderful about everything related to music ever.

And this is my favourite FSOL video :DD

My favourite Kate Bush song, and my favourite Kate Bush video. For a long time Hounds of Love was my favourite album, and it may still be quite frankly. As CUS said, if you don't own a copy then you really should get it, because it's utterly amazing. My second fave track on that album Is Dream of Sheep, incidently - which I have the most awesome video for INSIDE MY HEAD.

If you don't thrill to "Well here I go!" at 0:40 when the violins kick in, then there's something wrong with you. And I wish everybody could dress like in a Kate Bush video in hats and trenchcoats and cardigans and stuff. *sigh* :hat:

And how impossibly handsome is that man? And how ultra-impossibly lush is Kate Bush? Most impossibly, say I. Mmm.
Lave wrote:
I've been loving Gonzales' new album. Kinda lounge funk or something. I dunno. But I like it.

That is completely awesome. I haven't heard his stuff before, but if the rest of the album is as good as that then it's a purchase! Had fun watching the Gonzales Segway fun as well. :)
@nervouspete, I was rewatching the video to Running Up That Hill yesterday. In my opinion it's both the most frank and the sexiest song ever to get in the top 3 (or to 'do well' at all). "Let's exchange the experience", indeed! I wish Kate :kiss: Mmm, that's nice, yeah...
If you don't like this, you're an idiot:

Davydd Grimm wrote:
If you don't like this, you're an idiot:

Phew, I'm not an idiot.

And now for a quadruple feature presentation before I go to bed (sorry, but this was after whittling down, I'll try to be less video posty in future):

Johnny Cash - Hurt: Best music video ever? Best cover ever? You decide.

Grandaddy - Nature Anthem: The cutest music video ever? Definitely. Aw.

Black Box Recorder - Facts of Life: A less wholesome, but more awesome song.

Aqua - Cartoon Heroes: Used to have this on Evolution Radio, the City of Heroes/Villains Radio Channel. Doing heroic good whilst jumping entire city blocks to this song was one of the more ace experiences of the MMO. The Flaming Lips NEED to cover this song.
nervouspete wrote:
Johnny Cash - Hurt: Best music video ever? Best cover ever? You decide.

Yes on both counts. I was at Johnny Cash's last UK gig. It was stunning.
Right, I genuinely have been watching this over and over and wibbling about it. My esteemed colleague Ste O Nor Dar will attest to this.

His name is Guilty Connector. Kicks in at about 45 seconds. Absolutely stunning.
Look at all those wires Davyman! Look at em!
Ahhh, Kate Bush. If I met her on the street I'd ask her to marry me. And I'm only 25. She's delicious.

I'm a borderline idiot because as much as I liked Arcade Fire when they came out first I find 'teh drama' a bit much at this point so they start to grate after a while.

Any Animal Collective fans? I found their first few albums a bit hard to swallow but Strawberry Jam hooked me in a big way. New album coming out in a few weeks apparently. Great video this.

http://www.youtube.com/v/fxvGHQHiY70

Little bit more rap as well. Sumptuous second verse from RA The Rugged Man. Considered by many (myself included) to be the best rap ever written. All about his fathers experience in Vietnam. True story. The agent orange caused his siblings all sorts of issues. One died. Rest suffered all sorts of mental health problems.

http://www.youtube.com/v/7r0KpWMNxnM

How do I embed videos? Throwing the embed code doesn't work.
nervouspete wrote:
Lave wrote:

That is completely awesome. I haven't heard his stuff before, but if the rest of the album is as good as that then it's a purchase! Had fun watching the Gonzales Segway fun as well. :)

Glad you like it. But his stuff varies imensily between albums so be careful to pick up "Soft Power."

The only other album of his I have is Presidential Suite - which is very different, for example:

Sorry for the double post, but I went to see Circulus last night kings of the Medieval Folk Prog Rock scene.

And everyone must love Medieval Progressive Rock yeah?

("Miri it is" is better, but their isn't a decent video of that up.)
I love the Rise Above roster, but Circulus just leave me cold. Each to their own, I suppose.
Page 1 of 2 [ 58 posts ]