Doncaster
anyone live there?
Is it the hell hole everyone says it is? Specifically "The Priory" club?

Gotta go there tonight, playing a show.
Nirejhenge does. My Girlfriend used to live there, but she's only heard of it, not actually been there or anything.

From what she's described of the place, it's a typical northern night club place. ie "slappers" and "slags" wearing not enough clothes getting rat arsed, and causing mischief. Although I guess that's most places theses days.

Malc
Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:
From what she's described of the place, it's a typical northern night club place. ie "slappers" and "slags" wearing not enough clothes getting rat arsed.

Malc

Fantastic...can we all go?

:D
I've passed through several times on my way to visit a mate in Scunny.
Both places suck.
People in Doncaster are going to be insulted about that statement SW.

Still it's infinitely better than Maplethorpe.
Shewolf wrote:
I've passed through several times on my way to visit a mate in Scunny.
Both places suck.

Doncaster's quite a nice little town actually. Of course you'd know better than I, though, having passed through it on several occasions.
Doncaster isn't Northern.
Davydd Grimm wrote:
Doncaster isn't Northern.

if yorkshire isn't nothern then I don't know what is!

Malc
The Midlands, apparently.
Well seeing as everyone who lives in or near the place *that I know of, hates it I'll go with it being crappy.
It didn't look to great from what I saw of it. Which wasn't a lot..driving through..train station..few bars. But meh.
Scunny I spent a fair bit of time in and I can say it is a total shithole.
Cumbria. Cumbria is Northern. Everywhere else is poncey Southern ponceyness.
Most things thataway are northernish to me.
I count myself neither Northern or Southern..I'm stuck on the sticky-out bit of the country.
The north starts with Sheffield, I'd say. Doncaster is technically South Yorkshire, but I'd say it falls into the East Midlands category, seeing as it's quite close to Nottingham.
Liverpool/Manchester/Doncaster/Sheffield/Scunthorpe/Grimsby are about as far south as I would go and still call it "northern"

Malc
myoptika wrote:
The north starts with Sheffield, I'd say. Doncaster is technically South Yorkshire, but I'd say it falls into the East Midlands category, seeing as it's quite close to Nottingham.

um, Doncaster is north of Sheffield

Malc
Whoops! My geography's terrible.
IT IS GRIM... UP NORTH that's all.
Doncaster gets slagged by someone from Norfolk! That's gotta hurt :p
At least Doncaster has some proper roads in it.
At least we produce things people care about. And very well I might add heh
Seriously, it is bad when Norfolk owns Donny. Although Norfolk is cleaner and fresher as a rule....
There's a good independant games shop in Donny.
the show was amazing one of the best ive played

great venue...
There are worse places to live than here but not many. I think it's kind of getting better but the people here are uneducated morons. Doncaster isn't technically in South Yorkshire. It IS in South Yorkshire.
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ]