Gaming Magazines
and the discussion thereof

Which was more boring?
Amiga Format  19%  [ 4 ]
CU Amiga  9%  [ 2 ]
Amiga Shopper  71%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 21
WTB wrote:
Ah fuck a duck. Dimrill, I've probably been near Lewisham before at some point in my life, but I'm not there right now.

Your a gay.
Come and sit with Uncle Dimrill by the fire as he reads Perkies' old PC Gamers.
metalangel wrote:

while spraying them with febreeze to try and nullify the distressing smell.
APoD lives in Lewisham. Doesn't Craster as well?
Craster likes pulling his pork. And he is cottage bound I bell hive.. Hmmmm... *wheedling tone* Craaaaaasstttterrrr... *bats eyelids*
Dimrill wrote:
metalangel wrote:

while spraying them with febreeze to try and nullify the distressing smell.

I can't explain this! They were kept in the front room in those large plastic crates you saw, and the house didn't have damp or anything. You didn't notice any smell when you visited did you?
Cool Logitech are cool.
metalangel wrote:
I can't explain this! They were kept in the front room in those large plastic crates you saw, and the house didn't have damp or anything. You didn't notice any smell when you visited did you?

Yes, it smelted of back bacon and snowdrifts. I think it's just the gum/glue that binds them. It's certainly the spine area.
This is fantastic! I remember all of these things as soon as I see them, it's like leafing through them myself. So yeah, BRITISH GIRLS play games but in The Netherlands, Italy and Germany it's men only.

Have you encountered the 'Johnny Herbert's GP' ad yet? Or the depressingly business-like 'Outwars' ad by Microsoft?
Dimrill wrote:
I think it's just the gum/glue that binds them. It's certainly the spine area.

Thanks. I now have a mental image of you sitting beside your bookshelves, gently sniffing the spines of several hundred PC mags.
Dimrill wrote:
Craster likes pulling his pork. And he is cottage bound I bell hive.. Hmmmm... *wheedling tone* Craaaaaasstttterrrr... *bats eyelids*

Aye, I'm near enough. Whafdaya need?
Craster wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

Aye, I'm near enough. Whafdaya need?

:) There's an man on eBay selling some (about 100) magazines for pickup only. If'n I bid and win would you mind picking them up for me? I'll reward you with old Warhammer rulebooks ;)
New Delivery Option: GingerMail. A bearded, be-shorted gentleman jogs by your house to collect stuffs.
I expect that will be more reliable than Yodel.
I want an Enter Cyberspace tshirt.
DavPaz wrote:
New Delivery Option: GingerMail. A bearded, be-shorted gentleman jogs by your house to collect stuffs.

Gaywood tried that as a teenager, but people got pissed off with their post ending up in volcanoes.
Zardoz wrote:

I want to control my browser with a joystick.
I want to control you with my joystick.
Zardoz wrote:

I wonder what Jane Williams looks like now.

Nice of the marketing team to be-dorkify her with that tee, though. "She's legit!"

I imagine there were acne-covered references to "entering her cyberspace" among the spoddy masses of the time.
I've bidded! There's no going back now Craster! Ugh ugh ugh *pumps away*
Will Craster deliver anywhere in the UK?
Nah, I'll pop to the cottage and pick them up. Nay bother, it's only a 20 min drive for me. Unless he's got a burning desire to meet 10 gippynigs.
Dimrill wrote:
Nah, I'll pop to the cottage and pick them up. Nay bother, it's only a 20 min drive for me. Unless he's got a burning desire to meet 10 gippynigs.

Or you could come and have fun with us!
I'm not a fun individual. I'm miserable and get uncomfortable in crowds.
Zardoz wrote:
Will Craster deliver anywhere in the UK?

Craster *always* delivers. No matter where, no matter when.
Dimrill wrote:

Nonsense
Curiosity wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

Nonsense

Quite. Manchester says NON to that dude. Awesome fun times. And then the rest of Manchester stabs you and steals your wallet.*

*Or you have a civilised night in a hotel. With no untowardness AT ALL.
Dimrill wrote:

Come along. It'd be good to meet you. Also: Chrononauts and Munchkin are top fun. Top fun times.
metalangel wrote:

Who are you, CSI: Stalker?
Look like a twat! 15 years ago. Still trying to force this shit on us.
Haha "Spex". I want a pair!
Interesting PC Gamer coverage of the imminent release of Quake 2. They enliven the photos of horrible grotty programmers in several interesting ways.

First off, a mass squatting session on what appears to be derelict industrial units.
Attachment:
q2-mass-squat.jpg

Next off, just two programmers squatting in the dereliction at dusk!
Attachment:
q2-squatduo.jpg

And finally you must be thinking, nah, they won't use squatting again. And if they do, SURELY they won't do it in brownsite property...
Attachment:
q2-hootersquat.jpg

You were right! They're squatting down outside Hooters for some reason.
Amazing scenes as PC Gamer fucking review fucking pizzas the fucking morons.
Dimrill wrote:
And finally you must be thinking, nah, they won't use squatting again. And if they do, SURELY they won't do it in brownsite property...
Attachment:
q2-hootersquat.jpg

I love the 'at gunpoint' look on the brunette's face as she touches a programmer.
She turns her head slightly to try and get out of the woft of fœtid vinegary programmer gusset.
3D Spex twat is going to struggle with Descent unless he puts his joystick back on the desk.

At least id weren't persuaded by the photographer to take their shoes off as seemed popular for 90s shoots of 'visionary' software people, as per this infamous TIME cover.

Infamous as Mr Andreessen hadn't bothered clipping his toenails for a few months, and the following issue's letter page was filled with comments to this effect.

I'd forgotten that pizza review thing. The only thing more cloying than the pizza is the smug writing. The Sprint Garlic Bread description makes me want to punch Matthew Pierce in the face. Note the magazine's complete and sickening obsession with Quake at the time. Yes, cunts, you have a LAN, the rest of us had dialup.
I like the fact that the "Top Rated" games that come with the 3D Spex are so "Top Rated" that there's no mention anywhere of what they are.
Malc74 wrote:
I like the fact that the "Top Rated" games that come with the 3D Spex are so "Top Rated" that there's no mention anywhere of what they are.

They're written on the box itself in the middle-right of the picture. I think it's Descent, Slipstream 5000 (awesome game, sort of what I'd hoped Fatal Inertia would be like, oh well) and Wipeout.
Missed out on those mags, Craster. Thanks for the offer anyhow!
Yeah, thanks for nothing, Craster.
throughsilver wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
Attachment:
q2-hootersquat.jpg

I love the 'at gunpoint' look on the brunette's face as she touches a programmer.

*Destroys camera with a hammer, renounces photography*
Page 10 of 21 [ 1028 posts ]