A Language Where You Cant' Lie
trying to find an old link
So back on the old place, someone posted this link to a news story, about this person (think it was a woman) that had been going around learning ancient, dying and obscure languages. In one of these languages, the grammatical structure was such that anything you said also had to include a proof or justification - the language basically forced you to quote your sources. I saved the page as I wanted to look it up, but have now lost it.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? I have a pretty languages student to impress.
I remember the article you mean, but a good search about has revealed nothing.
Give 118118's new 'we know everything' service a go.
actually in a similar vein, its a nature book with some unknown language Im sure the broken sword people were going to do something on it at one point, although I may have made that bit up its just in my head probably mixed in with the last templar.
That was me that did that (the link not the reasearch) I'll dig it out later on but I'm preparing for a meeting right now....
I know it's a new scientist article, and I know the language begins with 'T' but I can find it for the life of me.
Lave wrote:
I know it's a new scientist article, and I know the language begins with 'T' but I can find it for the life of me.

This might be a long shot, but is it Tinglish?
Grim... wrote:

Hahaha. Sorry that gave me a really good laugh here as, well, I work for them.

Well not them but Texperts/66000 who are generally regarded as the most accurate of these 'we know everything' services (though, with the least money for advertising). So if I can't find it I doubt they can... I shall search the New Scientists website later, cheers Lave.
What do you actually do, then? Do you just sit in front of Google and answer the texts?
Deano2099 wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Hahaha. Sorry that gave me a really good laugh here as, well, I work for them.

Well not them but Texperts/66000 who are generally regarded as the most accurate of these 'we know everything' services (though, with the least money for advertising). So if I can't find it I doubt they can... I shall search the New Scientists website later, cheers Lave.

I used that service so frikkin' often when I had a subscription type thingy (and it was called 82ASK). We used to ask a lot of very silly questions.
I've just filled out the application form for that Texperts service, but it says they aren't hiring at the minute. Deano's got the market sewn up!
Bah! I work for AQA (63336), use them instead!
How is it that so many work for these places?
Is this one of those things where you can "WORK FROM HOME FOR ££££s!!1"?

How does it work out in practice?
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]